Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Hey Everybody,

I saw a black SVT pulling out of the garage on Farnsworth Street last week and it made me think about youse guys and the best place to get free advice!

I bought an '86 Mustang convertible (V6 EFI) to fool around with for the summer and thought that after I put it away for the winter, I might put a 5.0 in it. Well, right now someone has come along offering me a good running '83 5.0 (4V) for very short money.

Questions:
Difficulties (computer issues, etc.) going from EFI to carbed?

I figure that whatever parts I need, new fan shroud, exhaust, etc. will come from the donor car, right? Or am I missing something?

My own mechanic (who is too $$$ anyway) won't touch the job. Know of anybody that would do this reasonably priced? (I owe my soul, and 1.675 children to the IRS)

Anyway thanks everybody! Glad to see most of you are here and doing well.

Best Regards,
Sean

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Actually, I think you can use the same harness.....you will be running a computer controlled Holley 4 BBl. Personally, I would take the engine (as long as the compression leak down doesn't show anything untoward) and even build up the short block with "modern" EFI components.....

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard