Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
There have to be a few hackers amoungst us... I just can't believe there haven't been more people pulling codes yet and reading a Superships or Diablo chip to compare what the changes are.

http://www.moates.net EEC-V adapters and burning tools have been available for quite a while now... Get busy people! What's up?

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I've read a lot of stuff on that site, but I haven't tried any of his software or tools yet. A friend of mine gave me a TwEECer, but they don't have my calibration done yet, and likely never will at the rate they're going! I've tried sucking the code out of mine with it to at least have the base file, but haven't been successful yet. I've been meaning to try again, but have been too busy lately.

There's another good article on EEC tuning HERE, although it's on EEC-IV. A lot of the information carries over to EEC-V as well.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Superchips is {was} basic offset encryption. I have a copy on my XGT1 binary they did.

However that was the "old" superchips and THEY SUCKED for tuning or changing anything. Some of the stuff they changed did absolutely nothing. Good tuning man.

Diablo uses an actual encryption.

Ford chips/new Superchips uses actual encryption as well.

The problems with OBD-II code "hacking" are numerous. Even if one had the location to start (actual start point of the code) it's not going to do them much good because of the intricacies of the code and the redundancies. Plus the fact the code is just insanely long.

Just because you can pull your stock binary means very little to nothing without the knowledge of what several locations out of countless you want to change.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
So your basicaly saying its a big waste of time.
Way to rain on his parade

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
So your basicaly saying its a big waste of time.
Way to rain on his parade

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'm saying that even if you have a stock binary & the hex location the code starts at you still have tens of thousands of lines of code to work with and perhaps a million hex locations.

There is far too much data for simple trial and error.

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I'm saying that even if you have a stock binary & the hex location the code starts at you still have tens of thousands of lines of code to work with and perhaps a million hex locations.

There is far too much data for simple trial and error.

Not to much info for the right people... Even though there are different mask files out there, the programming patterns remain very much the same across the board. Take a look at a known mask file with a matching bin (Say, from a Mustang), and then stare at your pulled bin for a while... pretty soon, timing tables start to appear, MAF transfer functions pop out, coolant tables, etc, etc... Masks are easier to create than most people think.

I know enough about hex patterns in binary files and mask files to increase my MAF and O2 table resolution on my TA 2 fold. I just don't have the motivation to chase Ford codes... I just thought someone would have by now.

Ever watch the new TV show Numb3rs? We need that guy...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
hehe maybe that guy could figure out the throttle hang code and get rid of it.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by morbid:
hehe maybe that guy could figure out the throttle hang code and get rid of it.

You can turn that off "so-to-speak" in the code. I've done it.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by bnoon:
Not to much info for the right people... Even though there are different mask files out there, the programming patterns remain very much the same across the board. Take a look at a known mask file with a matching bin (Say, from a Mustang), and then stare at your pulled bin for a while... pretty soon, timing tables start to appear, MAF transfer functions pop out, coolant tables, etc, etc... Masks are easier to create than most people think.

2. I know enough about hex patterns in binary files and mask files to increase my MAF and O2 table resolution on my TA 2 fold. I just don't have the motivation to chase Ford codes... I just thought someone would have by now.

1. It's not that easy. I have Mustang binaries and the software to edit them. Even when I find the different locations certain things change it does not correlate to the code from a different platform. I wish it were that simple. For instance the tables and charts are not all listed together in their entirety. Various parts of them are also variables changable in previous scalars and even other single entries. Then just inserted into certain table data to form an X or Y axis.

I tried working on Tom's code for a while (SFG2 IIRC) and only found maybe a dozen primary location indexes. Those are the easy ones to find.

2. That's like comparing a VIC-20 to a super computer though. Not even in the same realm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard