Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
its amazing. the kick in the pants you get when the secondaries open up is like 10x bigger. Not sure if its the running rich, or the added displacement or the fact that i cleaned all the crap out of the lim, uim. Either way its fun. BUt i still have to baby the car for a few hundred miles....this part sucks

98' Red E0 Contour SVT - Project SVT Tour' Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation / DVD, Infinity Speakers Borla Stainless Cat-Back, AEM True CAI, High Flow Y-Pipe 3L Hybrid w/ 3L Valves, Window Automation, Torsen LSD
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by the_spy_guy:
its amazing. the kick in the pants you get when the secondaries open up is like 10x bigger. Not sure if its the running rich, or the added displacement or the fact that i cleaned all the crap out of the lim, uim. Either way its fun. BUt i still have to baby the car for a few hundred miles....this part sucks

Go do it now! Just drive to break it in. Then tomorrow you can rip on it! It's worth 30 bucks in gas to have fun sooner, right?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
sorry...cant get it to work....

Fixed it Brad.

Pics

Not really a contour guy, but a few friends have them so I help them out. Im a Moderator at taurusclub.com
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I used the 24lb injectors cause they were lying around and it was either use the 24lb taurus, or hack the harness and use my stock 19lb svt injectors.

What MAF are you running? If you're just running the stock MAF, you should probably throw the 19lb injectors in. I had a similar problem with the 24lb injectors and a 75mm Pro-M MAF. The car kept stalling out. Replaced them with the stock injectors and MAF and haven't had any problems. Why do you have to hack up your harness to make the 19's work? They should hook up to the harness and fuel rail exactly the same Might help your problem of running rich also, and might give you some more power.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
His 19's use the old style plug and his new harness and 24's use the new style plugs.

My advice would be to locate some new style 19# injectors so you don't have to hack the harness, otherwise just hack it and swap in your stock inj. and plugs. Be sure to solder them and later you can just unsolder them and solder back in the new style plugs if you get different injectors or a chip.

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT need more than 19# injectors on any N/A 3L engine that I've seen so far, and you definitely do not need anything more than the Stock MAF.
You can use an eManage or SAFC on top of stock injectors and MAF to fine tune the fuel on the dyno, but I had plenty of injector left with mine when I dyno'd 217 wHP with 19# injectors.
I would say that the eManage or SAFC would be the bang for the buck instead of a chip so you can fine tune it on a dyno and have a well tuned car.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I know theres no reason to upgrade the maf. I will continue to run the stock one.

I used the 24lb injectors cause they were sitting right there on the workbench and all it take to fix the problem is to take 30 sec to flash the computer with the new code that has the 24lb injectors listed. Just waiting for my tuner to be sent back to me in the mail.

If what your saying is that i should replace the injectors rather than spend money on the flasher, that makes sense, except i already had the flasher and the programming cost nothing. If it wasnt free, i would def go 19lb injectors.

Monday i *should* be golden.

Brad

98' Red E0 Contour SVT - Project SVT Tour' Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation / DVD, Infinity Speakers Borla Stainless Cat-Back, AEM True CAI, High Flow Y-Pipe 3L Hybrid w/ 3L Valves, Window Automation, Torsen LSD
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
hey brad...your what time do you gotta work tomorrow? i'd like to see your car....

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
7pm, if your still in town ill drive to you and meet ya.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i'm sure we will, the meet isnt until 4pm...see ya later

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Cool. That makes sense then. If you can run either injector then I would go with 24's too, just for the extra.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard