Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I think I asked this question a few years ago and was told "dont worry about it" but I am.

I'm looking at at least a 5-year plan for beefing up my car [its my baby and I cant part with it]. I'm worried that down the road certian performance parts will no longer be availible.

Are there certian "must-haves" I should start aquiring soon?

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
well thanks to the cougar being produced a few years longer than the tour' and the cat being a popular "tuner" car we should be alright for a few more years...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I cant see one day waking up and finding out that there are no Contour performance parts left. There will always be a few, and probably only because of the SVT.

The Focus will help some of the Zetec people because of its shared drivetrain.

And if one day you do wake up and find there are no parts left, fabrication is always something else to look at.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Yes , some parts are going to become hard to find,
-Cup holders
-front fenders (left)
-every clip that hold something
and when you fill your garage full, the piece you need will be the one you don't have.........

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
lol, well I got the stock parts out of the way already [I'm actually a cougar owner BTW]. I've managed to track down every stock upgrade I didnt have [which originally was none].

but I was more interested in the mechanical/aftermarket/performance parts.

I'm in no hurry to finish my car, but I know now might be my last chance to get an aussie bar so right now that has priority.

of course thats an obvious example, but are there other performance parts I should be concerning myself with?

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Aussie sway bar. we're pushing just to get them made right now. go look at the groupbuy section.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
oh but of course... I've got slot 38

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I don't know if we'll get pieces for everything for long. For example, I'm currently looking for a short ram air intake system for my zetec and the only company that produce them I found so far is CTA Motorsports, but they stoped the production. It will be hard to find custom parts to fit our cars. For the mecanic, it won't be a big problem I think, but for the body, we'll have hard time finding pieces.

DemonOfSteel 98 ZX2 Sport 98 Contour SE
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
find focus intakes:)

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ContourGuy9817:
find focus intakes:)

I looked for these, but they're not the same...

DemonOfSteel 98 ZX2 Sport 98 Contour SE

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard