Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
hells yea!! oh man you should come down here, I'm the only one around here with an SVT. we'll have both our black SVT's and dammn it'll be sick!!

Just give it until summer. It'll happen for sure.

You gotta come down here too and chill wit me and one of my best friends. He's got a 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT. He's not a CEG kinda person though. Only 1 post. LOL He only mods his SVT based on what I tell him he should buy.

We both work together too so it's funny driving by the parking lot at my job and seeing 2 Black SVTs parked side by side everyday.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Oh man I cant wait till spring!! You can bet the first nice, mildly warm day, Ill be out there taking 4 hours out of my day, to dedicate them to my svt!

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
On my Nissan 240SX the paint was not in good shape when I first bought it. about 4hrs of hard labor nad its like new!

I used a 3-step process by Meguiars.

Step 1) Body Scrub - went through quite a few applicator pads really scrubbing some of the stains. $5 at Pep-Boys

Step 2) Polish - Polishing went quick. $5 at Pep-Boys

Step 3) Gold Class Paste Wax - Gives a long lasting deep shine. I prefer the Paste over the liquid. $10 at Pep-Boys

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
You definately need a multi-step process to get the most out of your paint. Here's my recommendation:

Wash w/ Meguairs NXT soap
Clay Bar
Meguairs #80 Speed Glaze (cleaner and polish in one)
NXT

I've seen many cars with the 80/NXT combo, about the best shine you can get for that amount of effort. Microfibers make wax removal a breeze as well.

Hope that helps!

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I like to use Mother's products because they work very well for not a whole lot of money. I feel that EVERYONE should pick up one of their clay bar kits. I am also thinking of using some of their new FX Synwax because it has a very high gloss that would look good on my silver csvt.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
I like to use Mother's products because they work very well for not a whole lot of money. I feel that EVERYONE should pick up one of their clay bar kits. I am also thinking of using some of their new FX Synwax because it has a very high gloss that would look good on my silver csvt.

The FX synwax is good stuff, although not quite as glossy as Liquid Glass.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by phd2be:
You definately need a multi-step process to get the most out of your paint. Here's my recommendation:

Wash w/ Meguairs NXT soap
Clay Bar
Meguairs #80 Speed Glaze (cleaner and polish in one)
NXT

I've seen many cars with the 80/NXT combo, about the best shine you can get for that amount of effort. Microfibers make wax removal a breeze as well.

Hope that helps!

Im gonna use a 7-step process that beyondloadedse recommended to me...I cant wait to see the results!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S-100!! Easy on, easy off, lasts a long time.

Proper paint prep and maintenance(cleanser/wax remover, clay, regular washing) are key no matter what wax you end up using.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
L
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
L
What is this 7 step process? Please post all steps.

1998 mercury Mystique 2.5L with that stupid slush box only engine mod so far a optimized tb dark blue with midnight blue leather interior finnaly got rid of the door ding guards and pinstripe
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by latenightflyby:
What is this 7 step process? Please post all steps.

Applied in this order:

Zymol precleaner wax
Meguairs #7 Glaze
Meguairs Deep Crystal System Polish
Meguairs Gold Class Wax
Meguairs #20 Polymer Sealent
Meguairs #26 High Tech Yellow Wax
Meguairs Mediallion Premium Paint Protection

Soon to make it an 8 step this summer with Meguiars NXT wax.

Can't wait!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard