Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
R
Thanks for the awesome write on how to take the ALT out.!!!!

<<<<<<Yeah anyone got any ideas how to get the tie rod out I snapped the tie rod bolt in half and theres only 1/8th of an inch sticking out under neath the hub. Any IDEAS???? Please help this is my daily driver car and need to fix quickly.>>>>>>>

Ah ANybody Ready For Summer in Michigan???? [IMAGE]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/udders30/HPIM1506.jpg[/IMAGE]
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Ray:
there are three wires...

one is a plug that you have the REMOVE THE COPPER WIRE going across it, then slide the plug off.

the second is a small plastic grey plug that is VERY fragile. use your small flathead to lift up on the tab that is recessed below the surface level of the alternator, and then slide the clip off, as well..

The third is held on with a bolt (7mm, IIRC) THIS is why you removed the positive battery terminal.. huge sparks and fuses blown if you didn't.

I thought this pic might be helpful, by the way... its a 10mm nut.

D
D
I'm needing help with the top alternator bolt. the 4ft extension thing doesn't make sense to me cause i cannot see the top bolt from the drivers side wheel well. the splash shield is removed. i need help now. i only have a few hours.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by DaSnoBordr:
i cannot see the top bolt from the drivers side wheel well.

You should be on the passenger's side.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i used to take a 2' extension with a swivel on the end, and remove the coil pack, and go in from there. worked pretty good for me.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
For the top alt. bolt, I removed the coil-pack and went from the top, as well.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
oops, didnt even look up top. Oh well, just proof that way is acceptible and common.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
D
D
i had not enough room to do it up top. so i did the drivers side wheel well with a 4' extension. worked like a charm. thanks guys

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
it can be removed from underneath too.
i didnt go from the top or the drivers side to remove any bolts/nuts when i replaced the alternator.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard