Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1167083 01/27/05 07:09 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
what i did was splice into the acc line in the ignition harness, ground it out to the headlight groud (there is a grounding spot up there), and then run the wire under the rubber on the door jam and the a-pillar thing, up on the top of the windshield. i lost the thing that held it on the windshield, so i stick it in the elastic belt thing that is on the cd holder on my visor. always works good for me! and its easy to take down, and you can just tuck the wire up the the headliner on the top of the windsheild...

so it goes off every with no key, and on when i start my car~!

WTB: Andy's Auto Sport front bumper only... a chip for my 98se
#1167084 01/27/05 09:10 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
This thread gave me a idea(well it was a idea of mine for a long while but it reminded me of it)well on how people leave head lights on sometimes why couldn't they just hook up the head lights so that the power is cut off when you turn the car off, kinda like what you guys are doing to the cigarette lighter, and the power just goes to the lights when the ACC is turned on and when you turn the switch they come on, anyone get what I'm sayin if not ignore this lol.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
#1167085 01/27/05 09:23 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Yeah i get it, and it's a good idea and already done. The thing is who wants their headlights on everytime they drive. For example what purpose will it serve at 3 in the afternoon?

#1167086 01/27/05 09:29 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RawBurt:
For example what purpose will it serve at 3 in the afternoon?

I see your not gettin my point really clearly and plus they do have day time running lights out and also I'm saying that they could have the wires for the lights HOT when the ACC is on, and the switch just cuts the power on and off, instead the switch making the wires HOT there is ways of doing this, the ACC when turned off acts as a "KILL SWITCH" for the lights so if someone forgot to turn them off. (for example: how you can turn your head lights on when the ACC is off, but if they could just make it so if you turn your light switch in the ON position when the ACC is turned OFF the lights won't come ON but when the ACC is ON the lights can come ON when the ACC is on but that don't mean they come on all the time when you turn the ACC in the ON position) , get me now? if not I give up.

Last edited by mystique97; 01/27/05 09:41 PM.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
#1167087 01/28/05 02:04 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by mystique97:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
For example what purpose will it serve at 3 in the afternoon?

I see your not gettin my point really clearly and plus they do have day time running lights out and also I'm saying that they could have the wires for the lights HOT when the ACC is on, and the switch just cuts the power on and off, instead the switch making the wires HOT there is ways of doing this, the ACC when turned off acts as a "KILL SWITCH" for the lights so if someone forgot to turn them off. (for example: how you can turn your head lights on when the ACC is off, but if they could just make it so if you turn your light switch in the ON position when the ACC is turned OFF the lights won't come ON but when the ACC is ON the lights can come ON when the ACC is on but that don't mean they come on all the time when you turn the ACC in the ON position) , get me now? if not I give up.

My 1985 Subaru had this type of setup. You could not turn on the headlights w/o the ingition being on.

You could, however, turn on the parking lights w/o the ignition on (pull and turn to the left...). I figured it was kinda neat.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1167088 01/28/05 05:33 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Kane:

My 1985 Subaru had this type of setup. You could not turn on the headlights w/o the ingition being on.

You could, however, turn on the parking lights w/o the ignition on (pull and turn to the left...). I figured it was kinda neat.

My friend's old Mitsushitti Mirage had that setup, I hated it so much I ended up kicking the sidepanel of his car because it was a POS, Needed some extra light, but noooooooo, car had to be on! Especially when it died, and wouldnt start, and it had no hood light so i ended up taking a bulb out and use it for light, and im playin with somethin "Ok! Turn the car off!" Light goes out. Stupid foreign cars.... ended up having a bad distributor cap, and ended up having my Ford parked in front of it with highbeams on, without my key in the ignition.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
#1167089 01/28/05 10:59 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Stupid foreign cars.... ended up having a bad distributor cap, and ended up having my Ford parked in front of it with highbeams on, without my key in the ignition.

Hmmm, my old Focus would kill its headlights when the ignition was off.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard