Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Anyone ever see this site before? http://www.emachineshop.com/ I just downloaded their software tonight and have been playing with it a little bit... Designing some of the things I don't have the time to weld/fab up in my shop myself or just don't care to. I'm seeing billet parts everywhere I look now. The keys on this keyboard could be billet... and... You there, looking at this screen now... yes YOU! You with the glasses... did you know those glasses could be made of billet?!?!?!?! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Damn that makes me want to see how much all sorts of stuff would be...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
i looked into having some work done by them a while ago.....then i met a CEG'er that has been helping me out big time. i wish i still had the unrestricted access to lathes, mills, welders, and materials i had in HS. oh the things i would have made for my car if i had it back then.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
cool just the kinda place I have been looking for.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Pretty cool, but there's something about it that is lacking to me. Not sure what it is, because I have not been able to play with it much.

Maybe this weekend, I can put my heatsheild in there and see how much it would cost for them to make them.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That's funny, I saw that site yesterday afternoon while looking for carbon fiber stuff...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
i wouldnt feel comfortable paying for something that i designed in that software, it would most likely not be 100% accurate!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
i wouldnt feel comfortable paying for something that i designed in that software, it would most likely not be 100% accurate!

They can export, from information that is saved in the image format, and basically use that information to make the product. Sorta like, if you wanted to make a name plate. They import the file into another program that gives them all the information they need as far as size and dimensions. They can cut the peice and then export parts of the information from the file to say a water jet or lathe and it is then loaded into the machine. At that point, the machine simple cuts out the design you drew.

The main thing I would be worried about would be copyright or intellectual rights(?) viloations. But it could be a great way to try out ideas and prototyping. Depending on price.

Then again... there's always cardboard and foam for that sorta stuff.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by unisys12:
Originally posted by Russell-3L:

They can export, from information that is saved in the image format, and basically use that information to make the product. Sorta like, if you wanted to make a name plate. They import the file into another program that gives them all the information they need as far as size and dimensions. They can cut the peice and then export parts of the information from the file to say a water jet or lathe and it is then loaded into the machine. At that point, the machine simple cuts out the design you drew.

The main thing I would be worried about would be copyright or intellectual rights(?) viloations. But it could be a great way to try out ideas and prototyping. Depending on price.

Then again... there's always cardboard and foam for that sorta stuff.

I think he's saying that if HE designed it that the part wouldn't be accurate. The program can only be as good as the person using it! LOL!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
O
O
HOLY COOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard