Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
I bough a gun safe there for $350. It was over $500 at Bass Pro, Gander and Cabelas.

I don't have one in my town, so I guess I don't really care. Do I question their ethics? Yes. But to what extent. Given the size of the organization I would expect a high number of complaints. Is the number dis-proportionate to other very large corporations?

I suppose I'm typical in that I saved $150 on my safe which is what I really cared about. $150 buys a lot of rounds!

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by Trapps:
I bough a gun safe there for $350. It was over $500 at Bass Pro, Gander and Cabelas.

I don't have one in my town, so I guess I don't really care. Do I question their ethics? Yes. But to what extent. Given the size of the organization I would expect a high number of complaints. Is the number dis-proportionate to other very large corporations?

I suppose I'm typical in that I saved $150 on my safe which is what I really cared about. $150 buys a lot of rounds!

I agree.
I don't work there and never will, so I really don't care if they [censored] their workers in the ass.
I don't own a small retail business and never will, so I don't care if they smash competition.
What I do care about is saving money, so I say, more power to them!

By the way, it is really weird to have a WalMart thread without Packrat around to get all hostile...

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
The closest walmart is like 10 miles from me. And the next closest I have no idea where that would be. I have never been to a walmart, because it is not convenient for me to go. I suppose they have not been able to infiltrate my area yet...which is the suburbs south of detroit.

We already have something here that is basically the same thing. It's called Meijer, it has been around for a LONG time and noone ever badmouths it, everyone seems to love it. I would be surprised to see Walmart be able to take down Meijer in this area. Just like someone said it's the only place you can get gas, tools, auto supplies, groceries and anything else you could ever dream of at 4am. I guess they are just nicer about it than Walmart. I don't know.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I hate walmart for these reasons:
1. Always Crowded, THOUSANDS of people, 3 or 4 registers open
2. VERY unhelpful people
3. Very unorganized
4. The Radio ad commercials DRIVE me out...
5. That annoying "Wal-Mart TV Network" Televisions all over the goddamn place
6. They dont always carry what I need
7. They speak their own language over the intercom
8. Employees are rude, and would rather talk to eachother, instead of helping a paying customer

I read about the Walmarts closing other stores down... That does get to me, considering a nice video game store used to be nearby... but later went out of buisness cus as they told me one day that their sales sucked because of Wal Mart. I didnt mind paying an extra $1 or $2 to recieve good treatment, clean organized store, and to be able to get in and out quickly

Would it hurt Wal mart to hire some service clerks to keep the store in good shape? Our store gets trashed, but with us service clerks at Albertsons, store always looks perfect.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I love Meijer... they have Zymol spray detailer ! I wish we'd get them here in Minneapolis... and ShopKo too.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I use to like walmart until they tried saying that My little brother try to steal a computer from there. There was another time where I was going to buy this nice Tv at Walmart. The sale person was suppose to get the tv from the back. While me and my girl was waing for like 5 minutes. He peeped around the corner. He was trying to get his mack on. My girl start cussing at him and we left. I think the dude got fired. Never get an asian women mad.

1999 Ford Contour 2.5V6 5peed Se Sport. Aim djperico Looking for svt front and rear bumpers.
J
JB1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Dj Perico:
Never get an asian women mad.

ain't that the truth. the most ferocious beast of a woman i've ever tangled with masquerades as short, dainty, gorgous asian girl would who hurt a flea. talk about dr. jeckle and mr. hyde.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i kind of find it hard to believe that they would be able to put Vons and Ralphs(Kroger) grocery stores out of business out here if they opened grocery stores in our Wal Marts. As stated, they are ALWAYS crowded. every single one is located in a HUGE shopping center with other BIG stores like Best Buy, Toys R US, Home Depot, etc.... finding parking is always a PIA at them! it rivals university parking lots during the first two weeks of school. most people want to be able to get in and out of the grocery store, not to mention those times when you need to run in to just grab milk and t.p.. PLUS, I personally use double coupons and the membership card discount so the price gets knocked way down to which I doubt Wal Mart could beat. I havent seen Wal Mart's grocery selection but I have heard it is not as good as your typical grocey store. I KNOW based on the inconveniance of going to Wal Mart alone, that many people I know would rather still frequent their usual grocery stores.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Originally posted by Trapps:

I agree.
I don't work there and never will, so I really don't care if they [censored] their workers in the ass.
I don't own a small retail business and never will, so I don't care if they smash competition.
What I do care about is saving money, so I say, more power to them!

Just because you don't see a direct effect doesn't mean you are unaffected. But as long as it happens to other people and not you it's cool right?

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
i dont really have a problem with them...I dont really buy much there. The one by my house quit carrying motorcraft filters, so I have to pay a dollar more at advance auto. The one thing that bugs me is how they try to market morality, selling only edited CD's, etc. They also quit carrying America: The Book by John Stewart and The Daily Show because of a joke nude picture of the Supreme Court. I take all my CD Purchases to Target, they dont think their customers are too pure to listen to CD's without stupid sounds and badly edited out cuss words.

2001 Mustang Bullitt Dark Highland Green #0048 Performance by Ford Racing, Bassani, SLP, H&R and etc. Former owner of a 99 Silver Frost SVT GetOnItRACING
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard