Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1154047 01/13/05 04:23 PM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Man that sux. At least the bumpers look alright. What do you drive now?

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
#1154048 01/13/05 05:51 PM
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
thank you all. i too belive i had some form of higher being looking out for me. in my mothers opinion (and a small part mine) my father saved me on that horrible night. he died 2 months before from a massive heart attack. either way someone was watching over me... the wrecking yard didnt call my house because they thought i was dead. (lots of blood, especially on roof) and they didnt want to be inconsiderate

i actuallt fell asleep behind the wheel while driving home from a friends house i had the cruise cotrol set and nodded off. i hit a power pole at 60 mph (damage to drivers side in front of the wheel, you can see how the car wraped around it). i didnt hit it square so i didnt absoreb all of the impact. the car hit it at anagleand the back end actually accelerated around the pole. the drivers rear tire dug in. the car actually stood up straight on the back bumper (look at the mud on bumper and how the exuast is packed with mud and bent down and away) it landed on the passenger roof/ side which is why it is so crushed down and almost shifted to the drivers side. and then it rolled down the hwy and for a time was drug back ward which is why the passenger rear door was peeled back. it somehow ended up on it wheels and i was able to get out of the car. which is crazy considering the door opened but when i tried to close it there was almost 4 inches of overlap....

i truly walked away from the crash it happened at 3 am on a 2 lane country road about 2 miles from my house. i stayed with the car for about 10 min but then decided i couldnt wait (as no cars passed even up to that point). so i began to walk home. i got about 1/2 home (15 min later) when a car passed and picked me up. they took me home and called the cops. the cops wanted to write me a ticket for leaving the scene of the accident. i explained my reason and he let me go with a warning. the total bill for the light pole (power pole) was $6798.53. and it totaled my car out.

i was dumb at the time and didnt go right to the hospital (even at the cops insistence) i actually stayed home, the adrenelane made me feel little to no pain. 1 of my friends came to see me the next day and took me to the emergency room... i could barely move. it was like i got into the ring with tyson and called him a pansy. i had a mild concussion, broke my nose from just above my eye socket to just above my jaw (non-displaced). all they could do was give me pain pills and time for that. i also had to have 8 staples in the back of my head where it contacted the b piller and put a 4 inch gash and i recieved a cut on the left side of my face directly under my side burn at the jaw line. this required 15 stiches and the skin was flapped back with the fat layer so you could see my jaw bone/muscle. it actually cut the parotid glad (saliva) and my face leaked saliva when ever i ate for almost a month, it finally healed. those were the major injuries, other the scrapes and bruises. your can actually see a cut on the right side of my nose, thats where the break was as well. my upper thighs/lower body from my knees to my belly botton was a big black, non stop bruise. also my left arm and chest later bruised up as well. it hurt to breath for a couple of days...

as of now im much better.... i no longer drive tired and if i have to (trip to nc) if i feel myself getting close to the edge i stop and pull over... id recommend the same to all of you. other then a few injuries (upper thigh damage) i am fully healed. i have wonderful scares to constantly remind me of what happened. ive been told they add character to my face.

if you all want more pictures i would be willing to share them, i have 16 more pics of the damage, i pulled out the best ones already. either way let me know. i have a couple of the inside too...

-Y2K SVT- BORN 1/03/2000 DIED 02/29/2004
#1154049 01/13/05 06:03 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I think being asleep was the only thing that saved you since your body was limp.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1154050 01/13/05 06:07 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Wow, that's truly amazing you survived that! The 'for sale' sign is funny.

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
#1154051 01/13/05 06:12 PM
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by TourminatorGL:
Man that sux. At least the bumpers look alright. What do you drive now?

the bumpers look ok but there not. much damage behind the front and all pointing point ripped off. all four wheels are bent, no suspension is in good shape the brand new tranny ford put in 2 weeks before cracked the case, along with the engine block. the drivers seat broke. it actually layed almost flat from the impact nothing on the car was salvagable, except maybe the heads/cams but they went to the junk (salvage) yard i couldnt stop it...

i now drive a 2004 acura tl. i moved up in the world a bit. i looked for another svt but almost all that i found at the time were pretty ragged out. one guy told me he actually broke 4 trannys (and had the paperwork to prove it)!!! who would want that? my tl is very nice, lots of power (270) and it has a 6mt and navigation. it has more then i could ask for in most departments. but i still miss the contour... it had a tossability that the tl just cant match and when you ran it to redline it had an awsome shriek... the tl is whisper quiet...

#1154052 01/13/05 06:15 PM
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
i was up when i hit thats why it didnt hit square, i turned the wheel trying to avoid it. i woke up when my car went off the road but it was too late for anything. i went through everthing, and it sucked so bad... the crunch of the roof i will never forget

#1154053 01/13/05 06:19 PM
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
the wrecker guys put it there as a joke, trust me it was not for sale they felt bad that it was still on the car when i got there. i didnt call i just asked my insurance company where it was and showed up with my mom. the owner took me out to the car and was very nice talking about it when we got to the car his jaw dropped. he was like im so sorry i guess the driver thought it would be funny. looking back it is rather funny but at the time i couldnt even comprehend even that

#1154054 01/14/05 04:00 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You are very very lucky. As an EMT, I have seem accidents with much less damage/impact, and people didn't walk away from those... .

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
#1154055 01/14/05 04:10 AM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
its sad to see the death of a contour.. and an SVT at that... Im glad to see that you are OK. And I hope all goes well for you

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
#1154056 01/14/05 04:25 AM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B

wow, you are really lucky. my parents too are E.M.T.'s and they've never seen anything that bad, much less where someone survived. But it is really a miracle that your alive. My friends uncle wrecked his mint 68 I think Stingray 70 grand car. he was drunk and jumped the hills at the end of the highwy here at 90mph and he landed ON TOP of the trees and the fron end was just gone. He groke his leg multiple times but thats it. they had it out in fron of the school a few days later with our principal as the grim reaper standing by it. Just a thought, but our shcool puts on drunk driving and agressive driving dispalys out front with cars that get just demolished like that and that would be a huge eye'opener to us teenagers to slow down and use common sence if the local high school does stuff like that. just a thought.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard