Next Thread
Print Thread
#1151433 01/10/05 04:34 PM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
..its sad but true. i am no longer a contour owner, the new tranny that i got from an aamco on utica ave in brooklyn, about 15 mo later with less than 12k mile, died.

heres what happened, while slowing down from 65+ mph to avoid a speed trap to about 50, then noticing no pd i gunned it back up, mph dropped and rpms went to 5-6000 at which point the car would no longer drive in "d" i had to drive it in "2" at 25-30 mph. while driving in "2" i would shift it to "d", no go, for about 3 weeks i had to drive very slowly. at the very end as i was driving at about 30 mph in "2" i would shift it to "d" and the car would drive but if i had to stop it wouldnt take off again.

unfortunately i did not purchase the 3 yr warranty from aamco. when i spoke to "john" he stated that the labor would be free and parts he would charge, and that the tranny would have to be opened up for $500. i had asked how is it possible that the product you sold me could already be garbage with less that 12k, he stated that it may be something else that wasnt replaced when they initally did the work, wtf did they do then for $2800? it sounded as if i was back to square one and that i was just another $$$ to this guy, was i supposed to buy another tranny for $2800 again?

well i now own a 2002 honda accord v6, i miss the contour, but i guess i grow to like the honda.

one thing is that i cannot find a web site for honda enthusiasts that is comparable to ceg. so i guess ill still troll around here

96 gl sport, atx, rip at 95k FDNY 343 remember 9/11
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I don't think I've ever heard a good thing about Aamco.

Ryan Trollin!
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Sounds almost like a range sensor issue. I hope not, because its a $20 part, and I'd hate to tell you that you sold your car over a $20 part. Either way, you're welcome to troll, and good luck with the Accord.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
www.honda-tech.com

much info out there on all models

00 CSVT #390

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard