Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Has anyone looked at the V8 conversion kit from Kugle Komponents? It fits the Focus, so I was wondering if it could work for the Contour?
Being as there are so very few performance options around for the Contour...I thought this might be an option?
www.kugelkomponents.com is their web site.

Thanks

mikey

99 SVT (Black) # 2642 of 2760 So Many Mods...So Little Time!!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Another CEG'er wanted to do something like that with a larger V6 and make it RWD. IIRC the way the rear suspention is set up on the Contour it would be hard to get the rear axel in there. I guess you would have to totally rework the rear. Plus the Focus has a tunnel perfect for the conversion that the Contour doesn't.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
Plus the Focus has a tunnel perfect for the conversion that the Contour doesn't.

CDW-27 platform has the same tunnel.

Matter of fact the Gen I Mondeos had an AWD option.

So that means both a "bolt in RWD IRS" and even full AWD system are already designed for our platform.

The problem would be finding one of those rare options and then paying for it and shipping and VAT and et cetera. Still be damn cool though...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
TH @ HMS was speaking of the AWD swap, though the cost would be nuts.

But just think of it....an AWD Turbo 3L CSVT ~Spruce Goose CSVT~

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I think these guys sell the complete kit.
You change the trans and turn it into a rear wheel drive...which to be honest would be better anyway.
I think it's a long shot, but I get real tired of having little or no place to go to get parts.
You can go 3L, but or turbocharge...again from limited sources, supercharging is out....
Most cars there is a billion parts sources...
I guess I'm ranting now...but hell, there are more parts sources for my 69 Triumph GT6 than for the Contour....just makes me angry.

mikey

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Kit for 5.0L is $5500.00 minus drive train (engine,trans and rear)plus misc.items...they also have a kit for the 4.6 Mod mtr.

1998 CSVT E0 3L son's car - http://www.cardomain.com/id/svturbo 1998 CSVT E1 (Future 3L) daughters car Get in, sit down ,shut up, hold on
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by mikey:

Who cares if the kit fits a Focus...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by mikey:

Who cares if the kit fits a Focus...

Thats true, it does nothing for us.

SVT 99 #526 of 2760
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Your drive tunnel is not quite the same. Only one small section has to be cut away to accomodate the trasmission in the Focus, and the hood level is higher as well to clear the engine.

It could work, I'm sure, but you'd be building from scratch and doing trial and error. It might be cheaper to actually buy a Focus with a blown Zetec or SPI and do the swap through Kugel. Same interior space, about the same weight and everything is ready for you. The only if, is whether or not you like the styling

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Yeah, one of the things I always liked about the Contour was it's looks. I don't think the Focus is ugly, but it certainly isn't a Contour.
The other thing I like is that I really feel comfortable in the car...it fits me....there have only been a couple of cars over the years I've felt that way about....belive me I over the years I have changed cars like other people change underwear.
As far was not being relevant, perhaps your right, but the Focus and the Contour do share the same basic drivetrain...with some obvious differences..I guess I just get tired of the same old stuff....I don't add a lot of comments to the forum, but I have been viewing it for a very long time, when I have something postive I try to add it, just trying to think out of the box....maybe when I blow up the SVT engine at the track, I'll try do the V8 and let you know how it goes....until then just trying to be positive.
Basically though,I'm running out of things to do on the Contour, and to be honest, I don't really want to move on....but with the limited number of parts suppliers, it's pretty hard to justify it.

And hey...it's a forum.....

Thanks

mikey

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard