Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I think Pep Boys carry's them, so check them out.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
call bill at signature lincoln/mercury. He was able to get me one.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
Some early SVT's had the 2-spring-bolt type flanges, so I don't think it's an MTX ATX thing. In any case, you need the graphite donut for those type flanges as a standard gasket won't work.

Ditto mine also broke. I put a new one on when I installed the headers.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by abwamo:
i got charged for 1.2hrs of labor for Ford to lift my car and try to install the wrong gasket for a total of $105CND.

I swaped out my Y-pipe just the other day and it only took me about 45 min and had to use two car jacks to get under the car. as far as the gasket goes it should fit unless they are using the wrong one.

2000 Silver Frost SVT #77 of 2150 Lots O' Mods To Many To List. My Car My Home Page
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
part no. 9450
the best price would be Bill Jenkins parts@signaturelm.com
800-876-3280 x272 I think around $10-12. i will be ordering one thru him as soon as i get my money back from the stealership.

dirtySVT:
they didn't charge me for labour, they did nothing. i got charged for having the car jacked up and the mechanics staring at the gasket for 1.2hrs and wondering why the gasket will not fit on the donut flange. i'm going back today to demand my money back or its small claims court. now i have proof of their mess up, Bill sent me an illustration showing the correct gasket for my car.

Last edited by abwamo; 01/18/05 10:22 PM.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by abwamo:

dirtySVT:
they didn't charge me for labour, they did nothing. i got charged for having the car jacked up and the mechanics staring at the gasket for 1.2hrs and wondering why the gasket will not fit on the donut flange. i'm going back today to demand my money back or its small claims court. now i have proof of their mess up, Bill sent me an illustration showing the correct gasket for my car.

Sometimes i wonder about these Ford mechanics. Best of luck on getting your money back that is nust rediculous for just having them jack up the car and do nothing.

2000 Silver Frost SVT #77 of 2150 Lots O' Mods To Many To List. My Car My Home Page
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
they refused to pay up.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I wish I still had pics of my exhaust install. Sorry I can't help with pics, but worst comes to worst give a shout to Trubendz and see what they "officially" use. Can't be much different than anything else but you never know.

Also, there is a wrong way to install it iirc, I had a leak after my install and I flipped it around (I want to say the rounded lip faced towards the cat, but I'm unsure). But since then I haven't had a leak.

And, get that car OUT OF THEIR HANDS. re-reading your post, they're trying to see how much they'll get away with. Be firm and do not pay for that ridiculous 105 charge.

Last edited by Pre98; 01/19/05 03:59 AM.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Pre98:
get that car OUT OF THEIR HANDS. re-reading your post, they're trying to see how much they'll get away with. Be firm and do not pay for that ridiculous 105 charge.

Exactly

A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
wasn't much of a choice i had to pay to get the car out of their shop, but i told them i will come back asking for refund when the manager is in.
Later... the manager says its because of the aftermarket exhaust Ford parts will not work on it and they can't refund me. they are wrong but can't fight them with non Ford parts.
now i'm going to order the part form Bill J. and wait for a warm day and put it in my self. i would have never took the car in if it wasn't for -50 weather.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard