Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
what's up all, my wipers died; I was on the road and didn't have my manual (won't let that happen again). I bought a new motor plugged in - still no wipe.
Got home found the relay pulled it today, white oily stuff on the prongs, pulled the one above it, it's clean. Autozone doesn't have it suggestions on where to get one? and does any one know what the white stuff is?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Electronic sealant meant to help conduct electricity, and prevent moisture??

As for a part location, there is a thread located recently, the same thing (no wipers any mode, etc, and was the relay... He took it out, pressed it together, and heard a definite click (like it was hung up).. replaced it in there and it worked... another guy took his, snapped it apart, and back together and it worked perfectly.

You might try Signature Lincoln Mercury parts express catalog.

Link

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Thanks Ray, I had read that post but when I saw the white stuff I thought about it being a sign of something bad with the relay; I'll try the push/pull apart thing and see what I get.

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
mine have white stuff also, think its the electric grease.

have you tried swapping with the other similar relay to see if its bad or not?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
WHOA.. Just because a relay looks the same on the outside, and has the same amount of prongs, etc, does NOT mean it is wired the same.. The last thing I would suggest is to put another relay in there..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
yeah Ray I agree but the thought did cross my mind - right before " just 'cause they're the same color..." but if Fordowner has the same stuff and his wipers work then my problem may just be replacing the module. I was preparing for it to be the switch itself....

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
The relay in my 99 CSVT for the wiper is green with the number 9FE. There are two other green relays next to it also with the number 9FE on them (for the blower and something else).

Are these three green relays with 9FE written on the top different from each other?

Last edited by Fordowner; 01/04/05 08:36 PM.
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
I can't say for sure I only took a quick look at this point, but I thought that the prongs on the relay above the one in question were in a different configuration.

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
My interior fuse box has 3 green ones, the one in quetion R15 is at one end of the green ones and thus between a similar green relay with the same number and a black relay.

I am curious and searched but did not find an answer as to whether the relay's of the same color and white printed number are different from each other.

I've been trying to get my remote keyless to work and in doing so I swapped the redish tan relays with the light relay that is also in the interior fuse box (the keyless relay's are next to the keyless module behind the glove compartment and Amp).

The interior lights still came on so I assumed the relays for the keyless system were functional and thus not the source of my problem. (I can't get the horn to chirp when doing the paper clip method).

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I'm having a problem with my wipers aswell. When I hit the wiper switch the wipers will stay on for a random amount of time. Intermittents don't work at all. I've replaced the relay and the switch, didn't fix anything.

Last thing I can find through searching is the "Central Control Unit" which does functions for several other operations such as the interior lights... but I can't find a part number and ford dealer doesn't know what I'm talking about. Any ideas? It gets really annoying having to restart the car to stop them.

Black E0 SVT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard