Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Rara:
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Stazi, the question was about factory lowering springs, not just any run of the mill springs, remember its me we're talkin' about here

Um, Roush isn't factory . . .

Ofcoarse not, but I was thinking if Roush offered something it wouldn't void out any warrenty, thats all I was tryin' to get at guys, seeing that they work with Ford on some of their vehicles.

I just read that article that Todd posted and that really sucks from a couple stand points. One the car isn't coming out till the 07' model year and no Lightning. Also, whats to become of that "third" vehicle they were supposed to be working on?

Seeing that my post has gotten me into some trouble here let me add to the mix. I've been considering getting out of the SCC/muscle car market and get something sofisticated and classy, the 05' Mecrury Montego Premier w/ AWD. I've put ALOT of money into my car and although I like it, still, I'd like to have one car again, but I've got some time to think about it

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A

I've been considering getting out of the SCC/muscle car market and get something sofisticated and classy, the 05' Mecrury Montego Premier w/ AWD.

It seems that you might want to stay away from the early ones; maybe stay away for a while.

...based on a little hearsay, a few facts, and a few different sources.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
OMG Roger, what kind of heresy is this!!! Call out the guards....brutal punishments must be meted out!!!!...j/k, rog!

Paul's NEW '01 Focus ZTS 45k miles and counting! K&N drop-in and Silverstars
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I know how it sounds, but I was just reporting some things that i have encountered, no need to be a douche.

blueovalnews.com is pretty reliable.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by amarv12:
I know how it sounds, but I was just reporting some things that i have encountered, no need to be a douche.

it's funny... i didn't see anything about a mustang in there.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
CEG\'er
CEG\'er

I've been considering getting out of the SCC/muscle car market and get something sofisticated and classy, the 05' Mecrury Montego Premier w/ AWD.

It seems that you might want to stay away from the early ones; maybe stay away for a while.

From what I know, Ford did a batch hold (they continue to do so), so that nothing defective reaches consumers. So far I know one person that owns a 500 and they have had no issues at all whatsoever. That and a family member was going to buy a Montego, and it was built very solid.

'04 Bright Red Ranger FX4 ~ S/C 4X4
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

Read my first post, i wasn't referring to the mustang, look at what i quoted...

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

Read my first post, i wasn't referring to the mustang, look at what i quoted...

bah! i'm an idiot.

move along, nothing to see here.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by 2&1/2:

From what I know, Ford did a batch hold (they continue to do so), so that nothing defective reaches consumers. So far I know one person that owns a 500 and they have had no issues at all whatsoever. That and a family member was going to buy a Montego, and it was built very solid.

Thanks Mike, your insight here is very much appreciated as I know you have some connections there as well. I really like that Montego and for the money, it can't be beat IMO. I was leaning towards the blue they have, but after seeing it on the car inperson, I'll stick with the silver frost....I know, I know, change your color choice but that car looks great in silver w/black interior If I were to go that route, I may change the wheels to 19" (BBS), but thats a long shot right now. Ofcoarse black would bring out all that faux-aluminum trim [slaps himself in the head]...must resist the temptation to buy black!

While I've got your attention everyone (Ford insiders) I have a question about the CVT and Heldex AWD system. One is does the CVT trans have fluid in it, sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, but that tranny is so new I don't know about it. Secondly, the Heldex AWD system, does it require any preventive maintence, as far as fluid changes

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M

Seeing that my post has gotten me into some trouble here let me add to the mix. I've been considering getting out of the SCC/muscle car market and get something sofisticated and classy, the 05' Mecrury Montego Premier w/ AWD. I've put ALOT of money into my car and although I like it, still, I'd like to have one car again, but I've got some time to think about it

I work at a ford dealership and I have driven the awd CVT five hundred and its really smooth but the power of the CVT doesn't really kick in untill around 40 mph or so. What I like about the montego is the option of having factory HID's and the interior is laid out pretty well too. Oh and the new stang gt sounds great. I have yet to drive one but I'm working on it...

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard