Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Rahmel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
hello everyone, i've been away for quite some time now, im glad to see we have new people. im thinking about getting another CSVT and making it as quick as i can.

I am thinking about doing a SCCSVT. i can't find the CSVT SC kit anywhere, is it officially out of production now? i know the turbo kit is supposedly the hot thing now but i'm just worried about how long it will last.

i noticed in one of the older posts someone said that a CSVT with a 100shot of NOS could do 13's in the 1/4. is this true? i didn't think that it'd make that much of a diff but it really has caught my interest now. i also seen a pic of a wet kit that someone posted here somewhere and i am really interested in getting more info on that, it looks really good.

i'm asking these ?'s cause i found a 2000 CSVT for sale for $5,700 and i want to give it some more power, it has 120k miles on it but i want to rebuild it before i put FI to it if i get it.

my main goal is to keep the car streetable and get the lowest 1/4 times i can and also have it a killer on the street because i will be on the street way more then the track

*100 shot of NOS (dry or wet)
*Vortech SC (with/without NOS)
*Street Flight kit (with/without NOS)

Last edited by Rahmel; 10/28/04 03:54 PM.

I'M RICK JAMES BITC#!!!!!!!!!!!!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
You've got a LOT of reading young grasshoppah! You are afraid the Turbo kit won't last? It'll last a hell of a lot longer than the S/C kit if you don't get the upgraded jackshaft. On another note, PUT THE 2F2F MOVIE DOWN!! Here in the real world we call it Nitrous! NOS is the name brand, not the abbreviated word for Nitrous!! You may want to read up on a 3.0L swap, which can be conveniently found in the 3.0L Forum. 120K miles and looking for a rebuild = 3.0L. Best bet would be a 3.0L Oval Port from an 01+ Ford Escape w/ low compression pistons and upgraded conrods, with an ADC(Arizona Dyno Chip) turbo kit.
While you're at it you'll want to upgrade the tranny with a Quaife/Torsen LSD, a SPEC Stage III clutch, maybe a lightened flywheel and a suspension that can get some of that power to the front tires. Good luck, as the SEARCH feature is your friend.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Turbo from ADC (Street Flight). Check out the most powerful 2.5L on Dyno and Drag.. Click here to see a 401 fwhp SVT Contour

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
R
Rahmel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Y2KSVT I know what NOS is, i was just too lazy to type n-i-t-r-o-u-s out. a 3.0 sounds good but here's the deal i want to atleast be able to hang with the new 4banger muscle cars and beat them also. i really love everything about the CSVT but i'm just trying to get a price figure of all the upgrades including price of the car cause it's between that and an SRT-4, i hate neons but this is the cheapest new turbo car that i have found and im almost breaking even with cost between a fixed up CSVT and this SRT-4. thanks for your input though.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Read up on the subjects he pointed you towards and you will be able to get what you want, if you follow through

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Basic adc kit will stomp an srt-4. I can attest to the kit's quality. With 20,000 miles on the kit it has taken a beating and works perfectly. Very well designed in my experience, and their support is the best I have experienced through dealing with numerous vendors.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Rahmel:
4banger muscle cars

Never heard of such a thing

Honestly though, you can go buy an SRT-4 which is descent out of the box and can easily be modded. Orrrr you can do what every 18-20 year old kid ISN'T doing and put the turbo on a Contour and make most of those SRT4 kids beg for mercy.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
get the fock outta here.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
You may want to read up on a 3.0L swap, which can be conveniently found in the 3.0L Forum.
Mark

Ryan Trollin!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
The 3.0L Hybrid in my cougar ran 14.3 sec in the 1/4. Thats NA and on par with your 4 banger muscle cars. Add a turbo or supercharger or just optimize the engine with better cams, better exhaust, etc. and you'll be able to take them out.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
R
Rahmel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Rahmel:
4banger muscle cars

Never heard of such a thing

Honestly though, you can go buy an SRT-4 which is descent out of the box and can easily be modded. Orrrr you can do what every 18-20 year old kid ISN'T doing and put the turbo on a Contour and make most of those SRT4 kids beg for mercy.

Mark

What the Frick?!? i'm not new to this stuff, i was giving the cars like the Evo,SRT-4,STi,and all the other H.O. (High Output)4cylinder cars a "nickname" (a name that i just happened to make up at the last minute) but since that didn't work and you want to be "special", never mind. you and RTstabler51 are taking what i said the wrong way so just forget it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard