R
Nissan can build some motors.

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
may i just add that harolds maxima is on a STOCK motor, stock internals, stock transmission, stock suspension, stock axles...basically stock everything besides the turbo kit and an upgraded clutch and injectors. I helped him tune it last week on his emanage with a rich low 11ish:1 air/fuel mix. And it still holds up on 6 grand clutch dumps on slicks. He ran it at the track last week and only got in 3 runs, but his best run was a 12.2 @ 123.

PS. Btw, its 538 whp, 603 wtq. Scott mistold me. But still impressive nevertheless.

Pheew!! Thanks for chiming in finally Jim.. I was trying to back your buddy up and I don't even know the guy.. I've seen enough video and heard enough from you to know that he's no joke..

[Thinks to self]....... Maybe I should ask "will a Nissan Maxima engine fit in my Contour?[punches self in balls]

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
LMAO, please do!
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

[Thinks to self]....... Maybe I should ask "will a Nissan Maxima engine fit in my Contour?[punches self in balls]

Mark

Ryan Trollin!
Z
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Z
may i just add that harolds maxima is on a STOCK motor, stock internals, stock transmission, stock suspension, stock axles...basically stock everything besides the turbo kit and an upgraded clutch and injectors. I helped him tune it last week on his emanage with a rich low 11ish:1 air/fuel mix. And it still holds up on 6 grand clutch dumps on slicks. He ran it at the track last week and only got in 3 runs, but his best run was a 12.2 @ 123.

PS. Btw, its 538 whp, 603 wtq. Scott mistold me. But still impressive nevertheless.

thats damn impressive, but i'd stil have expected lower times with those numbers, a sotck 03 cobra makes like 370whp and can run high 12's on street tires.

still damn impressive for a stock motor

2000 ZX2 S/R Zinc yellow
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
thats why FWD take more hp to go as fast as RWD cars, also the Cobra makes instant torque with the roots type SC, where as this maxima probably needs spooled up. Also, you have the weight transfer issue as well.....upon launch the Maxima shifts weight to the rear (off the drive tires) as the Cobra's rearward weight shift towards the drive wheels.

Originally posted by ZX2 S/R:

thats damn impressive, but i'd stil have expected lower times with those numbers, a sotck 03 cobra makes like 370whp and can run high 12's on street tires.

still damn impressive for a stock motor

Ryan Trollin!
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
i know of 2 kids in my town with dodge NEONS and they're beating 5.0L mustangs and vettes in the 1/4, they're running low mid-high 12's...no offense, but ur maxima is NOTHING to brag about...

[IMG]http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/psychojetpilot/signature.jpg[/IMG]
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Yeah, but Neons are fugly!!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
not to down the guy in the turbo maxima but hasn't he gone through multiple engines?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
yeah, harold is a little off his rocker when it comes to blowing up engines. He knows full well hes going to blow them up, but he doesnt really care when he can swap a motor in a day and he can pick up a long block for $300. He told me yesterday he needs to replace the waterpump, and its a biotch to get to, so hes just gonna replace the whole engine instead. He said, hes gonna put 25 psi to this motor right now and 125 shot before he swaps it lol.

I dont see how you can say, a 12.2 is nothing to brag about. If I ran a 12.9 in my contour, id be so happy. He got 3 passes with the car with his new setup. Hes still got some room to squeeze out of it. I guarantee he'll run 11s.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I guarantee he'll run 11s.

Elevens is Ferrari Enzo/Porsche Carrera GT territory.

I'll be damned.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard