Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Hello all!

Name is Mike, from Norfolk, VA. Came across this site after searching google, and wow!, tons of info! Definitely in my bookmarks now!

I drive a '96 mystique (4cl), with about 105k miles. Owned it for about 6 years now. Never really had any major issues with it.. but I guess now it's all due.

After getting my state inspection at the end of last month the shop told me my engine mounts needed to be replaced. Rearward mount was torn and forward mount cracking/worn, according to their notes. I passed the inspection, but if the mounts were any worse I could have failed they said. I assume if those are that bad, might as well replace the rest of them.

Also feels like my struts are going to need to be replaced soon also.

I'm a computer repair guy not anywhere close to even a automotive repair noob .

So was wondering if anyone personally had good experiences with local shops in the hampton roads area? Or shops that would let you buy your own parts (without having to pay the shop markups) and just pay for the labor? Doesnt have to be in the hampton roads area really.. i'd probably drive an hour or so to save some dollars. Searched a bit, but mostly found threads about shops in dc or md. Thanks guys!

-Mike

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
why dont you just buy the parts and well put them on. i work on langley afb and we could go to the auto skills shop and install them all at once. motor mounts would be easy and the struts..... well need to rent a compressor but thats easy too. other wise i would have no idea on where to send you since i do all the work on my car myself. ps i will be doing strut replacement in two weeks too so if you wanna wait we can do them together.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally posted by dallasb84:
why dont you just buy the parts and well put them on. i work on langley afb and we could go to the auto skills shop and install them all at once. motor mounts would be easy and the struts..... well need to rent a compressor but thats easy too. other wise i would have no idea on where to send you since i do all the work on my car myself. ps i will be doing strut replacement in two weeks too so if you wanna wait we can do them together.

Well that sounds great man! But when I say i'm a car noob, I really am! I might be able to do some basic stuff with some guidance, or hold some tools/etc. Dont know how much help i'd really be though ;/ . If you dont mind working with a person like that? then it sounds good to me.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Welcome aboard. If you weren't so far away, I'd be willing to give you a hand with mods. Use the Search and you'll find a lot of good info and figure out what you can and can't do yourself.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
i have plenty of friends that cant work on cars either. so i dont mind at all. im thinking maybe the weekend after next i will be free to do my own struts so if you cant wait that long i understand.

W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Beach Service Center
1652 C Va. Beach Blvd.
VB, VA 23451
Jack Wood - owner/ EXCELLENT machanic/ an good friend.
Very kool.

off the Blvd at 1st Colonial, behind the pawn shop.

Last edited by wolfsong; 10/13/04 05:44 PM.

Keep on rockin in the free world my politics are simple...mean people suck if they refuse to evolve: thin the herd

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard