Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Hey guys,
This is the show that was rained out before. The new date is Saturday October 9th. It is being held at Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI which is a very nice location. There will be a sport compact category that you guys could win a trophy in. Registration is from 9-12 with the judging starting at 12:00 and trophies awarded around 2:00. Nice location, good food and a lot of cool cars. Hope some of you guys can make it!

Ray G. 96 Viper GTS blue/white Roe Supercharged Former owner of: 99 SVT with many mods
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Hey Ray - Off-topic but how did you like the SRT-4?
Going to test drive one today - Anything I should look out for?

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
Hey Ray - Off-topic but how did you like the SRT-4?
Going to test drive one today - Anything I should look out for?

Yes look out for cops and every cheesy Honda that wants to race. I have never received so much crap in one car as I did in the SRT. I was literally pulled over for the most ridiculous reasons in the SRT. I can fly by cops in the Vette (most of the time) and in the Jaguar XJS but the cops are looking for the fast and furous type and the SRT fits that description perfectly. Plus everybody wants to race you. Including an SVT Contour that was riding my but in Cranston one time. (shame, shame)

That being said it is a very fast car with a number of mods out there for it. It was fun to drive but if you get one upgrade the suspension first! The handling leaves a lot to be desired. I just couldn't deal with the aggravation anymore of the attention it draws. Enjoy the test drive though.

Now since none of you guys showed up to the show a Cougar took first place in the sport compact category. It was a nice day too. Hope you guys can make it next year!

Ray G. 96 Viper GTS blue/white Roe Supercharged Former owner of: 99 SVT with many mods
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Ray G:
Now since none of you guys showed up to the show a Cougar took first place in the sport compact category. It was a nice day too. Hope you guys can make it next year!

well, if I never worked on Saturdays ... and drove a show-worthy car ...

kidding of course, but those are my reasons for not going

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard