Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
ok i want to upgrade the wire running from the alternator to the battery to try and help with my dimming in my lights, what gauge wire should i use and should i use an inline fuse?? and is it just a basic replacement??

any help, i searched and found very little, show me if you search and found somehting tho

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I think most use at least 4 gauge

also I think they get the stuff from KnuKonceptz

I was going to ask if anyone has a list of items from KnuKonceptz that is needed to upgrade the factory battery wiring?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
What I did for mine was to use a stereo distribution block up front in conjuction with a rear mount battery. I used a block for both the positive and negative sides and made sure to get a good ground in a couple locations up front along with the battery grounded out separately in the back. This is very important on this car as the spark system goes wacky if there isn't enough grounding.

For the alternator I'm running a 200 amp inline fuse and 4 gauge wiring. You can get pretty much anything you need from www.knukonceptz.com I'd recommend 1/0 cable for the main battery lines as that will help both with power transfer and heat buildup in the lines themselves.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
this is kinda in the same area, but where the hell does the battery ground connect, i thought i traced it to the alternator, but could not be sure since i could not get up under the car, also when i was following i found some box in the line, what is that???

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
What kind of car was this again?

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
your funny

B
B
You were following the positive lead from the battery to the alternator. The black box is ford's inline fuse. The negative lead grounds out to the transmission case in a couple of spots.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
yeah i looked at my ford manual and it showed that, the picture shows it grounding somewhere near the air cleaner bracket, have not looked at the car to see where it really is, but now i have a general idea

for the gound replacement, what i was thinking of doing was
getting some 0gauge and replacing it with that, unless 2gauge would work just as well, pricec is not a problem, trying to get the best power output from alternator

for the alternator positive wire i had some questions

does that wire make a stop at the starter?? and from the starter does it go right to the alternator and hook up with a ring terminal?? and does it hook up with a ring terminal at the starter??

sorry if these are really stupid questions, i would go look at the car for the answer but, my gf has the car at college

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Audio King makes just what you need.

This site has the best prices I could find.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?DID=7&WebPage_ID=3&Start=2&ObjectGroup_ID=478&sm=1&so=2&search_type=51663918&desc=ASC

They have 0, 2, 4, 8, 10 gauge all extreme high strand count and pure copper.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Rockford+Fosgate~t~Power+Wires

Translucent black, red, silver and blue 1/0 gauge (53.5mm�²) wire has 4704 strands and is sold by the foot.

And then theer is this one... Muahaha!
Translucent 2/0 gauge (67.4mm�²)wire.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCCPSF20R

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard