Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Renee:
Haven't seen anything in there?? What were you reading?

I haven't been IN the forum in a week. That's what I meant.

I don't need a shpeel about how we exist under the good graces of our ruler. He and I exchanged quips about that in the fall of '02. I still have the PM's saved.

I plainly disagree with the way he operates. It's simple. You agree with him and that's fine. I choose not to.

S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
It's off for the rest of the evening due to the utter stupidity going on. If the rules cannot be followed, I act.

-Lance

if you could, maybe make a sticky or something stating why you pulled it off. maybe we'll know better what not to do next time!

Lance's point in removing the CI forum is that we should already know what to do and what not to do before entering or posting something in Common Interests.

The moderators shouldn't have to be providing us with a Sticky for rules. It's our responsibility to know them without such redundant stickies all over the place.

On a side note, I'm surprised it took this long. With the way things were going in there, I suspected it would've been shut down a while ago. Maybe permanently. I guess this just shows that Lance and Co. have tolerated our behavior longer than they really have to and the only thing we give in return is more rules being broken day in and day out.

PS: This isn't in direction to ALL people. I'm sure there's still enough on CEG with a clear head, and I'm not saying that I'm an angel on here either. I've had my own heated debates (recall Dom's new paint thread, I was in on that) but I think we all just need to learn where the line lies as far as an opinion and a violation of the rules.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
P
Master P
Master P
P
contour.org has been around for 7 years. If something bad was going to happen from the way things are run, don't you think it would have happened by now?

This should prove to HITMAN that we aren't too busy to watch after the forums.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by Renee:
Haven't seen anything in there?? What were you reading? Alot of pettiness going on, more than usual. Just plain childishness. People insulting others for no reason, just because they said HI basically.
Well, Lance does what he thinks is right, whether you, or anyone, agrees with it or not. It is HIS forum. He started this up to give us a place to chat about our cars with, and to chat with each other, and we have to follow his rules, plain & simple. When that doesn't happen, he does things like this.

This is not the first time Lance has temporarily removed CI because people can't follow the rules. I remember when it came close to being permanently removed a couple years ago. As he said back then (to paraphrase), this is a Contour site; CI is a privilege for everyone who doesn't abuse it.

I agree. Some forums don't even have OT sections. There is nothing that says you do. There is nothing that says you have to have a section to share your "well thought out and informed" opinions with the rest of us. I think we should consider ourselves lucky that we have it.

Former owner: 1999 Contour SE Sport Current: 2000 Eclipse GT There are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way! Isn't that just the wrong way? Yeah, but faster!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
It's off for the rest of the evening due to the utter stupidity going on. If the rules cannot be followed, I act.

-Lance

if you could, maybe make a sticky or something stating why you pulled it off. maybe we'll know better what not to do next time!

Lance's point in removing the CI forum is that we should already know what to do and what not to do before entering or posting something in Common Interests.

The moderators shouldn't have to be providing us with a Sticky for rules. It's our responsibility to know them without such redundant stickies all over the place.

sigh.... i know what the damm rules are. i said "stating WHY you pulled it off" i.e. specific reasons. simply in order to make it more clear for those who don't understand why. THATS ALL I'M SAYING! it was just a simple request. take it, leave it, whatever. but i'm not here to debate about it!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by 98 SE:
What I find ironic is that this very thing happened last year, around the middle of September. Seems to be when college and high school starts that the immaturity prevails.

How does that make sense? Wouldn't students be on the computer more during the summer? Or are you saying that school makes kids nuts? I'm a bit confused...

S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Perhaps you should go back and read my PS note. My post wasn't directed solely at you. I've no doubt you know the rules.

Why was CI removed? I thought common sense would say that the rules were broken one too many times.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:

Why was CI removed? I thought common sense would say that the rules were broken one too many times.

specifically.... as to prevent threads like this.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
this thread is starting to exemplify the reasons why it was removed

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I say leave it off.

Saves bandwidth plus I never post there anyway...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard