Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
What I find ironic is that this very thing happened last year, around the middle of September. Seems to be when college and high school starts that the immaturity prevails.

And no, people won't learn. This was covered in a sticky on top of the CI forum about what was happening last year and how Lance pulled it.

I vote pulling for more than just one day ... but then of course the OT-related posts would start creeping in the General forum as they did before too.

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i will not question lance's rules for his own house but i am curious as to whether something specific was done or whether it was just a general series of violations that caused the removal of the ci section

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by acrdklr:
i will not question lance's rules for his own house but i am curious as to whether something specific was done or whether it was just a general series of violations that caused the removal of the ci section

haha ...

all of the rules except 9, 11 (due to technicality), 13 and 16 have been broken recently. Rules 3, 6, 7, and 8 have been regularly ignored in the past few weeks.

P
Master P
Master P
P
There was a straw that broke the camel's back.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by infuryum:
I think it's childish to remove it.

Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
if you could, maybe make a sticky or something stating why you pulled it off. maybe we'll know better what not to do next time

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Red92784:

if you could, maybe make a sticky or something stating why you pulled it off. maybe we'll know better what not to do next time

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
It's off for the rest of the evening due to the utter stupidity going on. If the rules cannot be followed, I act.

-Lance

thanks for the clarification lance. i for one respect your decision especially since this isn't the first time CI has needed to take a break. we probably should've seen this coming.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by Renee:
Haven't seen anything in there?? What were you reading? Alot of pettiness going on, more than usual. Just plain childishness. People insulting others for no reason, just because they said HI basically.
Well, Lance does what he thinks is right, whether you, or anyone, agrees with it or not. It is HIS forum. He started this up to give us a place to chat about our cars with, and to chat with each other, and we have to follow his rules, plain & simple. When that doesn't happen, he does things like this.

This is not the first time Lance has temporarily removed CI because people can't follow the rules. I remember when it came close to being permanently removed a couple years ago. As he said back then (to paraphrase), this is a Contour site; CI is a privilege for everyone who doesn't abuse it.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Red92784:

having admins that are to strict are defintly not a good think, I think you guys need to let up a little! no pun intended, just a suggestion...

I've been a pretty good member here for almost 3 years! I love this site never had a problem, you guys are doing a great job!

but I don't know, sometimes you guys seem REALLY uptight, I've seen alot of bad outcomes from admins who are way to strict.

1997 Civic CX (lsvtec,el frontend,fast, nuff said)
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
if you could, maybe make a sticky or something stating why you pulled it off. maybe we'll know better what not to do next time!

It does not get any "stickier" than this Forum Rules

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard