Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I hate cross posting but i wasnt sure what room this should go under. So i also put it in trouble shooting.

I searched in all topics could not find anything even though i know i have seen the same problem. Anyways the subframe bolt is not stripped but the nut is loose and i cant see how to get to it, to hold it. Its the driverside front bolt. So i cant get to it from the floor board. Any idea?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
I had the same problem with the rear one on the drivers side. I took my car to my favorite body shop and they drilled a hole through the subframe right beside the bolt ( and thus the nut too ) and then they spot welded the nut in place. The bolt turned right out afterwards. Put a new bolt in after you do this cause the old one will be rusty.
Cheers, Neil

96LXV6 heavily un-modded due to family addition. 87Renault GTA convertible, chopped springs, Ford Premium Sound, but otherwise stock.
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
this is about pass side front judging by reference to washer fluid reservoir... see if it helps.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard