Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
ouch, this sucks, it's got less than 67k on the clock, a 00 se v6, and the TC was making this grinding noise, and AAMCO replaced it for me, and it went away ($900) now, after getting it looked at for clunking when put into gear, it drove fine for about an hour or two, and then it was o/d off and erratic/abrupt shifting

so first, they road test it, draw their conclusions that it's the torque converter, apparently fix it right, (after knocking one of those dowells off the radiator causing it to be replaced and having to rent a car for the weekend) and when I took it in after 2 days of driving fine except for that clunk, the O/d off started flashing on the highway and when I got off at the next exit (didn't want to turn 4 grand on the highway long) it starts slamming through the gears, hell it even chirped the tires from 2>3 if you can beleive that

so now it's in again, and the only excuse they can give me is that they don't work on alot of tours

It's been a week of this, and I'm about ready to take a hostage...it's going in monday for yet another torque converter
oh aamco will ya ever fix it? :

rest of the trans seemed to be in good shape as it were.

this car's been babied since 45k, but the first 45k, I haven't a clue...it was...a rental

I think I'll give up hope now, and buy a friggin saturn

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

here's some sad, sad pictures, heh

edit: that scratch is a scratch they put on it as well...to add insult to injury

Last edited by mattmatt; 09/15/04 08:57 PM.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Unless the fix the TC bypass valve and the line pressure regulator valve, the TC will fail again shortly. This is a well know and common problem with the CD4e. They will have to rebuild or install a rebuilt and modified valve body. This is very important with the 95 because the line reg valve gets stuck and causes the extreme pressure in the TC. The TC will actually bulge from the pressure. This is the likely the cause of your noise. Also during this condition the flow to the cooler is cut off causing overheated fluid and hard shifts. If the VB is not repaired the entire transmission will fail. Fix it now so you don�t have to do it again.

jeff

have you fixed your ford lately?
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I will let my guy know tomarrow, I told him I'd check with you guys since this relates to the specific vehicle as opposed to a rather broad base of foreign and domestic cars seen by him on a day to day basis.

Thanks

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
There is a TransGo shift correction kit.......about 35 dollars from www.bulkparts.com......

If they pull the trans why not do a complete rebuild?

bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Quote:

hell it even chirped the tires from 2>3 if you can beleive that

done that, it was fun, but very bad for the tranny

Quote:

I think I'll give up hope now, and buy a friggin saturn

thats a , the contour was the replacement for the saturn my GF drove, and it has lasted about 100 times longer and looks better , also a lot faster

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Is that engine being held in place by that jack on the oil pan??????? Hmmmm, not good......

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
They got your subframe off with the tie rods connected, the y pipe on and the p.s. rack and lines in place?

They sure as heck aren't following a Ford service manual on that job. Is your steering rack just hanging there by the tie rod ends?

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ScottK:
They got your subframe off with the tie rods connected, the y pipe on and the p.s. rack and lines in place?

They sure as heck aren't following a Ford service manual on that job. Is your steering rack just hanging there by the tie rod ends?

heh, I guess it is, I'll have to mention that to em, seems like the motor mounts aren't quite on right and the motor seems to "jump" at start..

I thought that setup looked kinda funny the way they had it all hanging and held up...

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Well the front and rear roll resistors are not there since the frame is out. The tranny mount is out since the atx is out. The only mount that may still be connected is the one on your passenger side. So if I am looking at your picture correctly the one mount is holding the engine from moving around and the stand on that edge of the oil pan is holding the other end of the engine up!! Don't be surprised if you have an oil pan leak afterwards!!!!! You would have thought they would have least put a block of wood there.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard