Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
drilled rotors can be turned it is just difficult to do as well as harder to find someone to do it. i know because i just had mine done. generally, you are right about there being little advantage when compared to a properly made "normal" rotor save for the quicker water evacuation which is what convinced me to try them. also, a buddy of mine has ebc pads on his bike and says that they are only ok. he is not terribly pleased nor really displeased.

On today's cars, by the time you go through one set of pads you're lucky if you're not below discard thickness, after refinishing a rotor, so turning or not turning them was never really an issue for me. And thanks for the EBC feedback.
Classvt, thanks for the Powerslot and SPP pad advice.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
SonofaNun, I advise you do a little searching on this subject in the archives. The whole drilled, slotted issue has been tackled so many times it's crazy. And these are guys who specialize in brakes, engineers, and the likes. It's really impressive the group of guys we have on this site.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
If you want cheap, I'm trying to unload the leftovers from my GP. $225 + shipping will get you 4 slotted rotors and Axxis Metal Master pads all the way around. Let me know if you are interested.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S

Thanks. Before I actually buy anything, I'll be sure to take a look at the archives. Right now I'm thinking that I want a G-Stop 4 Line Stainless Steel kit, with black cadmium plated drilled and grooved KVR rotors, with KVR pads, or maybe Greenstuff pads front and rear. Guess I'll find out how right or how wrong I am.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard