Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Prestone makes a do it your-self coolant flushing kit where you can hook an adapter to your heater hose and flush your coolant system with a garden hose. I used to do it all the time with my old ford truck, but I can't find the heater hoses on the zetec. Where are the heater hoses located in the zetec? Has anyone done this to their cars yet?
thanks,
bought that kit and returned it because it seemed it can't be done on our cars,,, maybe there is a way but may be too much of a hassle.
with the thermostat off start running water through the system, it will then come out the lower radiator hose if it is disconnected, or something very close to that
Don't quote me on this but...

I think that one line feeds off of the lower radior hose and snakes under the oil pan. It is connected to a steel line that runs under the oil pan.

The other line feeds off of the thermostat housing by the ignition coil. Again, it turns into a steel line and goes right by the EGR valve.

I'm not sure where you would connect up a flush tee. I'd have to whip out my shop manual to figure it out. It's over at my parents. Sorry.

Later,
Ben
© CEG Archives