Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: NASTY Where to start???? - 11/15/01 06:06 PM
confused Hello everyone...I am new to the site and I am just curious to what would be the first thing to do to begin upgrading my car.

1)Should I get my car checked out at my Ford dealership first or take it straight to an upgrade shop?

2)I am tight on money right now, but with OVERTIME it will not be a problem...what's a ball-park figure for beginning upgrading?

3)I am not looking to race Celica's laugh ...I just want to enhance my overall car performance with better parts than Ford can offer me.

Any input would be greately appreciated...Thanks cool
Posted By: CRZYDRVR Re: Where to start???? - 11/15/01 06:44 PM
KKM intake, better muffler, and plugs and wires are usually the first things people upgrade. Check the links on the main page, and the search button at the top will give a lot more info than I can give. If the car runs good, then you can probably skip the dealership check. Happy modding!
Posted By: Luckie13 Re: Where to start???? - 11/15/01 07:09 PM
CTA Intake
muffler
Remove resonator from exhaust
Diablo chip
plugs & wires

That should be pretty good, Hell at the moment that is a highly modded zetec, around here anyways.
Unless you plan on doing some autocrossing or street racing you can skip the dealer check up. If it feels like it runs OK then whats the problem.

oh yeah, welcome.
© CEG Archives