Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: volcomsk8a oil pan - 07/30/06 02:24 PM
i gotta change out the oil gasket. I heard that there is two ways to do this. i already have the head, intake manifold and exhaust manifold off it that would help me. whats the next step here
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 04:11 PM
I'd probably go under the engine and pull the oil pan off.
Posted By: volcomsk8a Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 05:25 PM
yea i wish it was that easy, the book says i gotta lift up the engine to remove it.
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 05:40 PM
Originally posted by volcomsk8a:
yea i wish it was that easy, the book says i gotta lift up the engine to remove it.

nah...if your only taking the oil pan off, you dont need to pull the engine
Posted By: volcomsk8a Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 05:57 PM
am i going to have to move the exhaust that is right underneath it
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 09:45 PM
Yeah if the exhaust is in the way you'll have to unbolt it.
Posted By: Figols Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 09:46 PM
Originally posted by volcomsk8a:
am i going to have to move the exhaust that is right underneath it

You're going to have to drop the exhaust down. No big deal, just unbolt the cat (4 nuts) from the manifold, remove the support bracket from the pipe and remove the support strap from the cat. This sould give you plenty of space to get the pan off.
Posted By: volcomsk8a Re: oil pan - 07/30/06 11:04 PM
yea i so i did it, it wasn't to bad till i got to one nut that was in the passenger corner...it was just really tough to reach. now i gotta clean it all up, gasket looks original
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: oil pan - 08/03/06 12:28 AM
Hows thinks going with it, you must be learning alot about the 2.0l engine. Keep us posted.
Posted By: volcomsk8a Re: oil pan - 08/05/06 12:30 AM
it wasnt too bad. some of those nuts are hard to reach. and now the old gasket needs to be cleaned up.
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: oil pan - 08/05/06 10:34 PM
I thought it was a sealer (RTV) on the pan and not a gasket. Well mine was. You have a 98 with VCT?

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: oil pan - 08/05/06 10:57 PM
Ford parts online shows a gasket for the oil pan. You bought your car used right? So someone could have very well used rtv (gasket maker type stuff) instead of buying a gasket.
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: oil pan - 08/07/06 03:43 AM
There was 2 styles of oilpans used. The oil pan gasket you speak of is F8CZ-6710-AA which is also infront of me(because its not for my zetec). On my oil pan ford used a sealer, which also has a part number. You can however get a cork gasket from autopart stores.

© CEG Archives