Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: R_G Cold Car? - 12/14/05 11:07 PM
Posted first in the General Forum but no particular info was provided. Maybe I will find a better luck here.

"I had to drive the wifey's Duratec today and what a difference in the inside temperature; on the minimal setting it's significantly warmer than my Zetec. Also I remember that the Zetec wasn't always that cold - it used to be as warm as the Duratec for the first 4 years and approx. 2 years ago I started noticing the "global un-warming".

What could be the reason and could it be fixed?

Thanks.

Somebody posted that the thermostat might be the culprit - any other ideas?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Cold Car? - 12/14/05 11:12 PM
old coolant
Posted By: R_G Re: Cold Car? - 12/15/05 05:04 AM
Hmmmm... was changed like a 10 months ago.
Posted By: yomanwill Re: Cold Car? - 12/15/05 10:00 PM
This could be it...

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=9

since it cold out you tour' might not overheat?
Posted By: R_G Re: Cold Car? - 12/15/05 10:40 PM
Nope, it never overheats during summer but been cold for the last 2.5 years. It's not that the heater blows cold air, it's just significantly colder than "normal" cars, so whenever the car is iced/frozen and I remotely start it with the heater set on max defrostm all the way in the red zone - after 20 minutes of idling - the car is still kinda "cool" - whereas the Duratec will be hellish hot after 5 minutes.
Posted By: yomanwill Re: Cold Car? - 12/16/05 01:45 PM
thats how mine is it will idel and never warm up but once you hit 70mph the little temp. needle flys up....
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: Cold Car? - 12/22/05 11:42 PM
Your electric fan isn't running all the time is it?

Try sticking some cardboard infront of rad to see if temp comes up more (if the fans r not stuck on) if so I say thermostat is getting part stuck maybe. There cheap enough to just pop one in I'm sure.

Posted By: R_G Re: Cold Car? - 12/23/05 05:17 PM
Maybe it's the right time for a new (ZXTuner's) thermostat - something I wanted to do for a long time...
© CEG Archives