Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bigworm pcv valve - 11/24/05 08:14 AM
i have a 96 zetec and i need to change the pcv valve... the haynes manual states i have to remove the cat converter but i cant get it off i took of the 4 top nuts and the bolts holding the cat towards the middle of the car... the how to on this site says to remove a pipe that goes around the right of the engine but theres no metal pipe that goes toward the cat or around the right side of the engine... can anyone help... the ford cd does not mention how to remove it.
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: pcv valve - 11/24/05 10:16 AM
get under the car, look up behind the exhaust manifold.

it's in clear site but its VERY tight spot, pry the old one out with a screwdriver or something and pop the new one back on. 5 minute job.
Posted By: bigworm Re: pcv valve - 11/24/05 06:14 PM
the book says its inside the cat and that i have to take the cat off to acces the oil separator then take the oil separator to access the pcv valve what are you talkin about can u elaborate more.... so ur tellin me that when i raise my car and go under it the pcv valve is going to be just behind the exhaust manifold? i have a 4 banger the zetec
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: pcv valve - 11/24/05 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bigworm:
so ur tellin me that when i raise my car and go under it the pcv valve is going to be just behind the exhaust manifold?

Yeah. It can still be a bit of a pain to get to.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: pcv valve - 11/24/05 08:44 PM
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=zetecmaint&Number=985097&Forum=zetecmaint&Words=PCV&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=982031&Search=true#Post985097
© CEG Archives