Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: m4gician Fixing A/C leak for good? Possible? - 08/29/06 03:55 AM
I'm going to get this leak diagnosed with some dye and find out where the think is leaking so I can put some r134a in there for good and not worry about it. If I find a leak, what do I do to fix it for good? replace the whole piping? Seal it with HEAVY DUTY CEMENT sealer? Jb Weld? Any suggestions? I want my car to be super cold when I want AC, because with summer ending, Sept still gets pretty hot here and there during the commute to school.
Posted By: Tisby Re: Fixing A/C leak for good? Possible? - 08/29/06 06:27 AM
It's gonna be the accumulator I bet. They tend to rust out. It's not really expensive IIRC, somewhere b/ $65 & $75 bucks for the part.

EDIT>Jsut noticed you're in Canada... Not sure what it'll cost you in CAD, but still not going to be expensive. However, with most of the hot days of summer gone I would wait until the spring to replace it. It's the friggin' salt that really accelerates the rust on the thing. It will rust out down south too, but I'd let the new one you'll need to install skip this winter just because...
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Fixing A/C leak for good? Possible? - 08/29/06 02:42 PM
Read this thread
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Fixing A/C leak for good? Possible? - 08/29/06 08:35 PM
Originally posted by m4gician:
I'm going to get this leak diagnosed with some dye and find out where the think is leaking so I can put some r134a in there for good and not worry about it. If I find a leak, what do I do to fix it for good? replace the whole piping? Seal it with HEAVY DUTY CEMENT sealer? Jb Weld? Any suggestions? I want my car to be super cold when I want AC, because with summer ending, Sept still gets pretty hot here and there during the commute to school.

don't both doing anything yourself until you research how a AC system work and how to recharge it correctly ... Myself and progectsho89 have answered many questions on this topic this past summer ...

Sealers or JB Weld will NOT hold up to the pressures of an airconditoning system.
© CEG Archives