Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres how much oil - 08/17/06 02:17 PM
i was wondering exactly how much oil should i put, i know people around here recommend 6 quarts... but just to be sure now i have the escape baffled oil pan so should i still put 6 quart ?
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: how much oil - 08/17/06 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
i was wondering exactly how much oil should i put, i know people around here recommend 6 quarts... but just to be sure now i have the escape baffled oil pan so should i still put 6 quart ?

Ford says 6 quarts, people recommend 6.5 quarts.
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: how much oil - 08/17/06 02:43 PM
I put 6.5 in every time. Never had my oil light come on around hard corners.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: how much oil - 08/17/06 03:30 PM
I have never had the light either, but does it even come on before the engine spins a bearing?
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: how much oil - 08/17/06 04:25 PM
but my question was more if it make a difference with the escape oil pan ?
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: how much oil - 08/17/06 06:31 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
but my question was more if it make a difference with the escape oil pan ?

No it shouldn't. The escape pan just has a better baffling system to keep the oil closer to the pickup tube. That is also what the windage tray is designed to do: Keep the oil near the pickup during drip back and reduce aeration of the oil. I say add 6-6.5 quarts still. The oil problem still exists due to the heads not having a decent amount of oil drainback, so the added oil will definitely benefit you.
Posted By: ovalracer98csvt Re: how much oil - 08/17/06 06:40 PM
keep enough oil in it and you will be fine. An oil light will not come on before spinning a bearing. It is just something that happens over time from oil starvation. Ford calls for 5.5 quarts. I would at least put in 6 quarts.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: how much oil - 08/18/06 03:45 AM
The specs on my Escape is 5.5 quarts. I use 6.
Posted By: m4gician Re: how much oil - 08/18/06 03:10 PM
ya I usually put 6 litres of mobil 1 5w20 in there, I buy the 5L jug (it's $29.99 @ wal-mart) + 1 litre of Lucas Oil Stabilizer . Runs well.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: how much oil - 08/22/06 01:47 PM
ive used 6 quarts for the past 4 3 years in my tour. i always get the 5 quart jug at walmart wich is like $20 at my local walmart plus a extra bottle. i run the k&n oil filter.
© CEG Archives