Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GTO Pete How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 01:11 AM
I know this is hard to read. I REALLY don't feel like cleaning it up (for obvious reasons).

How-to: Focus SVT Fuel Pump by CEGer Pale Horse

The Quickest Way To Do This Is To First Remove The Lower Section Of Your Backseats. You Can Lift The Rubber Grommet And Gain Access To The Fuel Pump From There. However All I Recommend You Do Here Is Release The Fuel Lines And Wiring Harness From That Area. There Should Be Two Fuel Lines That You Can Squeeze And They Will Release And A Wire Retained Wiring Harness That Is Simple As Well. Unless You Have A Returnless (99-2000 Model Years) In Which There Will Be Only One Fuel Line.

Go Ahead And Disconnect Your Battery. Move To The Underside Of The Car( It Should Be On Jackstands And Have Plenty Of Clearance)

Directly To The Left Of The PASS Side Rear Wheel Is The Fuel Filter. We Need To Disconnect It On The Rear Side Of The Filter And Remove The Bolt Clamp That Holds It On.
***Be Careful As We Are Letting The Fuel Pressure Out Here So The Pressurized Fuel In The Tank Side Lines Will Be Emptied. Have A Bucket Or Something Ready As Well As Some Rags!***

Once This Step Is Done You Will Need To Lower The Exhaust. You Could Completely Remove It If You Want To, But I Just Removed The Hangers From The Resonator Back And Propped It Up So It Wouldn't Hang Too Low And Flex Too Much At The Y-Pipe. We Just Need About Five Inches To Get To One Of The Tank Strap Bolts. This Part Will Probably Need Two People.

Once You've Lowered The Exhaust You SHould Easily See The Passenger Side Strap Bolt. Leave This one Alone For Now. The Drivers Side Strap Bolt Is Located Under The Heat Shield Nearest The Resonator. Its Easy To Find; Just Trace The Strap! You'll Have To Remove This Heat Sheild To Get To The Bolt.(One Side May Be Rivetted In And You May Only Be Able TO Rotate It To One Side)

Now You Can Remove The Strap Bolts. Have A Drunk Friend Ready To Help! Dont Remove Them All The Way As There Are Still Some Lines To Be Disconnected On Top Of The Tank. Once You Have The Room You Will See On Top Of The Tank Three More Lines That Will Need To Be Removed. One Is On The Drivers Side Of The Tank. One Uses A Pinch Clamp Like A Coolant Hose And There Should Be Another One Right Next To The Pinch Clamp. However Yours Is A Return Style System So There May Be Another One Lurking Around On Top Of The Tank.

After Removing These Lines There Is One Lat Thing To Do Before The Tank Can Be Removed: The Filler Neck! On The Pass Side Of The Vehicle On The Rear Top Of The Tank You Will See Where The Neck Enters The Tank. It Has Three Collars. A Metal One That Is Attached To The Filler Side(Cant Be Removed Its Just A Retainer)
A White One In The Middle( Must Be Rotated 1/4 Turn Counterclockwise So That The Tabs On The Bottom Black Collar Are Lined Up With The "Windows" In The White Collar)
After This Is Done You Can Lower The Tank Straps All The Way Out And Let The Tank Down.
****The Tank Must Come Out EXACTLY LEVEL Or The Collar On The Filler Neck Wont Release. THis May Also Take Some Prying But Be Careful Not To Break The Collar. YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE GAS TANK IF YOU DO!!!!!!*****

Once Everything Is Down, You Can Remove The Pump Collar. It Is Self Explanatory Being Removed. Just Tap The Collar Counter Clockwise ( I Believe) Until It Releases. You Can Reuse The O-Ring If It Is Not Ripped Or Torn In Any Areas. The FSVT O-Ring Does Not Fit. It Is Too Small. You Must Use THe Contour O-Ring.

Remove All Of Your Electrical Connectors And Pull The Pump Basket Out. It Also Requires...You Guessed It A 1/4 Turn Counterclockwise To Release It From The Tank.
*** Be Careful Not To Bend The Floating Mechanism When Removing Or Your Fuel Level Will Be Off!!***

Pop The Tabs On The Basket To Release The Upper Half Of The Basket From The Bottom Half. You Can Now See The Pump Body. You Will Be Using The Rubber End Caps On The Stock Pump Body Regardless Of Which Pump You Go With. If Using The FSVT Pump You Will Also Be Using The Contour Screen Filter. Remove The One From The FSVT Pump Body And (After A Thorough Cleaning Reinstall The Old Contour Screen Filter. Unless You Have A New One, Obviously Use The New One!) It Is Also Recommended That You Remove The Screen From The Bottom Of The Basket And Use It For A Frisbee.

Finish Draining Tank And Wipe Clean With A Clean Rag. (Please Dont Use A Water Hose To Clean Out You Tank Unless You Have Plenty Of Time TO Let It Dry COMPLETELY)
I Also Cleaned The Entire Outside Of The Tank So The Debris Would Not Enter Back In Upon Reinstall Of All Of Our Components.

Reinstall Is Reverse Of Removal.
Posted By: muntus Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 01:59 AM

The quickest way to do this is to first remove the lower section of your backseats. You can lift the rubber grommet and gain access to the fuel pump from there. However, all I recommend you do here is release the fuel lines and wiring harness from that area. There should be two fuel lines that you can squeeze and they will release and a wire retained wiring harness that Is simple as well. Unless you have a returnless system(99-2000 Model Years), in which there will be only one fuel line.

Go ahead and disconnect your battery. Move to the underside of the car (it should be on jackstands and have plenty of clearance).

Directly to the left of the PASS side rear wheel is the fuel filter. You need to disconnect it on the rear side of the filter and remove the bolt clamp that holds it on.
***Be careful as you are letting the fuel pressure out here so the pressurized fuel in the tank side lines will be emptied. Have a bucket or something ready as well as some rags!***

Once this step is done you will need to lower the exhaust. You could completely remove it if you want to, but I just removed the hangers from the resonator back and propped it up so it wouldn't hang too low and flex too much at the Y-Pipe. We just need about five inches to get to one of the tank strap bolts. This part will probably need two people.

Once you've lowered the exhaust you should easily see the passenger side strap bolt. Leave this one alone for now. The DRIVER side strap bolt is located under the heat shield nearest the resonator. It�s easy to find; just trace the strap! You'll have to remove this heat shield to get to the bolt (one side may be riveted in and you may only be able to rotate it to one side).

Now you can remove the strap bolts. Have a drunk friend ready to help! Don�t remove them all the way as there are still some lines to be disconnected on top of the tank. Once you have the room you will see on top of the tank three more lines that will need to be removed. One is on the DRIVER side of the tank. One uses a pinch clamp like a coolant hose and there should be another one right next to the pinch clamp. However yours is a return style system, there may be another one lurking around on top of the tank.

After removing these lines, there is one last thing to do before the tank can be removed: the filler neck! On the PASS side of the vehicle on the rear top of the tank, you will see where the neck enters the tank. It has three collars: A metal one that is attached to the filler side (can�t be removed its just a retainer). A white one in the middle (must be rotated 1/4 turn counterclockwise so that the tabs on the bottom black collar are lined up with the "windows" in the white collar). After this is done, you can lower the tank straps all the way out and let the tank down.
****The tank must come out EXACTLY LEVEL or the collar on the filler neck won�t release. This may also take some prying but be careful not to break the collar. YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE GAS TANK IF YOU DO!!!!!!*****

Once everything is down, you can remove the pump collar. It is self explanatory being removed. Just tap the collar counter clockwise (I believe) until it releases. You can reuse the O-Ring if it is not ripped or torn in any areas. The FSVT O-Ring does not fit. It is too small. You must use the Contour O-Ring.

Remove all of your electrical connectors and pull the pump basket out. It also requires...you guessed it! A 1/4 turn counterclockwise to release it from the tank.
*** Be careful not to bend the floating mechanism when removing or your fuel level will be off!!***

Pop the tabs on the basket to release the upper half of the basket from the bottom half. You can now see the pump body. You will be using the rubber end caps on the stock pump body regardless of which pump you go with. If using the FSVT pump, you will also be using the Contour screen filter. Remove the one from the FSVT pump body and, after a thorough cleaning, reinstall the old Contour screen filter. Unless, of course, you have a new one (obviously use the new one!). It is also recommended that you remove the screen from the bottom of the basket and use it for a Frisbee.

Finish draining the tank and wipe clean with a clean rag (Please don�t use a water hose to clean out you tank unless you have plenty of time to let it dry out COMPLETELY!).
I also cleaned the entire outside of the tank so the debris would not enter back in upon reinstall of all of the components.

Reinstall is reverse of removal.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 02:03 AM
Thank you muntus. . Pointless having a How-to if nobody can read it.
Posted By: muntus Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 02:24 AM
No problem. However I do think the backspace key gave my right hand carpel tunnel syndrome.
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Thank you muntus. . Pointless having a How-to if nobody can read it.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 03:03 PM
Don't bother doing a how-to if NO ONE WANTS TO READ IT! W T F!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 03:49 PM
I, for one, think that its commendable.

How many people do you see stepping up the the plate to invest the time to write out ANYTHING, except "where do i find the gaskets", and the like?

I could care less about anything else.. He wrote it with a good heart.. with the intention of helping his fellow enthusiasts... and not with the intention of being belittled because it wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it. I don't see those readers writing this up, or even investing the energy to make it fit "THEIR" guidlines.. All I see is a bunch of whining.

So much for family oriented "enthusiasts"...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 03:59 PM
Exactly. I'm a troll and baked open a Contour headlight and took pics to create a how-to.....I'm not sure what that means though...
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 04:08 PM
"..... He wrote it with a good heart.. with the intention of helping his fellow enthusiasts... ...."
Maybe .. but why put more effort into it to make it harder for someone to read it. Do you really think it is easier to put caps in front of every word? If it was not done with the intention of making it harder for others to read (those who really need the help), then what are the intentions?

For those of us who don't need the how-to, we will just not use it. For those who need it, I can imagine the cussing and what nots on their mouths when they have the pump halfway out and then have to refer to the how-to and then stressing out trying to read it. Of course, this is immaterial now (thanks to muntus).

"I don't see those readers writing this up, or even investing the energy to make it fit "THEIR" guidlines.. All I see is a bunch of whining."
I don't agree. Some have done some write-ups/how-tos.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 04:22 PM
It's not THAT hard to read. Seriously, if you have trouble understanding that, you should think about going BACK to High School if you're already out. Sure it's not ideal to type that way, but wow, enough with the whining. Pale Horse obviously put some time into writing up the how-to, so there's something to be said about that. If it takes you 2 hours to read the how-to, I feel sorry for you, and you probably shouldn't be tackling the job anyway.

Mark
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
It's not THAT hard to read. Seriously, if you have trouble understanding that, you should think about going BACK to High School if you're already out. ..Mark

ACTUALLY, I FIND IT HARDER TO READ THAT THAN THIS. WHILE THIS IS CONSIDERED 'SHOUTING', AT LEAST MOST OF OUR BRAINS ARE TAUGHT TO READ THIS AS CAPS CONVENTION AS OPPOSED TO HAVING THE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD CAPS (WHICH IS NOT A CONVENTION BY ANY STANDARD). THIS IS MY POINT AND I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 04:39 PM
I just don't know how anyone would or could go through the effort to type like that. It just hurts my head. Did you type like that for typing class in H.S.? Is anything on this planet in English like that? NO!
Originally posted by Oscar Nominated Ray:
I, for one, think that its commendable.

How many people do you see stepping up the the plate to invest the time to write out ANYTHING, except "where do i find the gaskets", and the like?

I could care less about anything else.. He wrote it with a good heart.. with the intention of helping his fellow enthusiasts... and not with the intention of being belittled because it wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it. I don't see those readers writing this up, or even investing the energy to make it fit "THEIR" guidlines.. All I see is a bunch of whining.

So much for family oriented "enthusiasts"...

Ray, I think you are really short-changing the contributions of everyday posters to this site. Tons of people post suggestions and offer assistance in nearly every thread with nary a thank-you, yet someone writes a how-to and suddenly they're a god?

I most certainly take exception to the "good heart" cop out, that is complete BS. What if someone wrote a how-to that included bad part numbers, misses some critical steps, or is written in such a way to cause confusion? We don't give *them* a free pass. How about I post a how-to in French, would that be as helpful? Of course not!

"It wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it"
Well WTF is the point? Helping the READER is the GD purpose of a how-to!!!!!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 04:49 PM
You are missing some points:

the how-to helps the readers... it isn't written in a grammatical format that THEY WANT..

the part numbers could be wrong, how does that change if he did it with the right intentions?

I am not shortchanging ANYONE.

There are how-tos that are very helpful.. people answer posts that are very helpful.. I didn't say that they should all get a thank you.. I am saying the opposite.. why is it that Pale Horse gets LESS than "nothing" (gets ragged on) for doing the same thing? answering questions, regardless of grammar.

I don't see people getting crammed in the wall every time THEY answer a question with "nary a thank-you" they are simply passed by, letting the help speak for itself.

Can't that be done, here, too? If ya aint got something nice to say.. don't say anything...

AGAIN.. I stand by my statement. He did it with good intentions, and invested time.. if it doesn't deserve a "thank you" any more than any other help, then it doesn't deserve this bashing any more than they would, either.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 04:58 PM
I personally hate incorrect spelling and bad grammar. I could pick quite a bit out of every how-to available, but I don't. It's the fact that they took time to document valuable information, and pass it along to fellow CEG'ers, that keeps me from busting their chops.

It's the everyday usage of bad grammar and incorrect spelling, that makes swallowing glass sound like a walk in the park.

Mark
Meh. Fixing the caps problem took five seconds in MS Word. For that matter, most of the punctuation errors were fixable just by letting Word highlight them and then right-clicking through one by one and picking the Autocorrect suggestion. I still don't understand how a person can type that way, but when you consider that our how-to/reviews probably SHOULD undergo some sort of peer review and edit prior to posting, just to make sure nothing seems glaringly wrong, it's not that big a murderous inconvenience to drop the text into Word and do a quick reformat.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 09:18 PM
For Those Of You Whom Are Not Negative Nancies, Thank You. Ray, Encouraging Words As Always!!! If You Cant Read My Posts Because A Capital Letter Frightens You At The Beginning Of Every Word, Then You Need To Go Back To Highschool And Have Some One Hold Your Hand Through English Class.

This Is The Way I Type And I Wont Change It.

Read The How-To. There Is Great Information If You Take The Time To Read It. You Can Also Drop My Post Into MS Word (As Done Above) With Very Little Effort.

Pete Thanks For Posting This How-To!!
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
For Those Of You Whom Are Not Negative Nancies, Thank You. Ray, Encouraging Words As Always!!! If You Cant Read My Posts Because A Capital Letter Frightens You At The Beginning Of Every Word, Then You Need To Go Back To Highschool And Have Some One Hold Your Hand Through English Class.

Read The How-To. There Is Great Information If You Take The Time To Read It. You Can Also Drop My Post Into MS Word (As Done Above) With Very Little Effort.

Pete Thanks For Posting This How-To!!

Man, you're weird.
[I don't know why I bother posting this because you obviously don't understand or care to learn, and have found enabling servants to accommodate your asinine idiosyncrasies.]

It should be plainly obvious that you are the one whose hand was held during English class. There are nearly 13,000 registered members on this board and only you type in this mixed-case-gone-awry format.

At CEG alone it is 12,912 v. 1 and you're the "1"; so have fun taking on the world.

It is ridiculous to demand others to pacify YOUR shortcomings. Not only is this rude but it negates ANY possible positive outcome from your contribution. Just look at this thread for an example.

YOU know you have a "unique" typing style. YOU know many people have difficulty reading it. YOU have the ability to fix YOUR post in a word editor to make it easier on YOUR audience yet choose not to. YOU expect them to accommodate YOUR problem. It is mind-boggling and disturbing to see such behavior placated, ESPECIALLY on CEG. I honestly thought more of the people involved.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 01/31/06 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Fixing the caps problem took five seconds in MS Word.

Five seconds? I'll triple it and give you 15 - no way you're doing it.

Seriously though, unless you have some secret way, I don't see a way of correcting the caps very easily.
Posted By: muntus Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 12:23 AM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Seriously though, unless you have some secret way, I don't see a way of correcting the caps very easily.

You would still have to capitalize what needs to be capitalized if you made everything lower case. It took me about fifteen minutes to go through it and re-word a couple of things. I only fixed it up because it seemed like good information, Pete said he didn't feel like fixing it, and there was no way I was going to read it while it was looking that way.

The thing that gets me with you guys is that all the complaining took place AFTER it was fixed. It seems as if Contours and complaining are two hobbies that go hand in hand.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 12:32 AM
OK!!! How About From Now On I write My How-To's In The Proper Format So The Little Girls Don't Get Upset. Everything Else Will Be In This Format.

Everyone Should Be Happy With That.

I Have Another How-To Coming Soon!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 01:04 AM
i tHINK yOU gUYS nEED tO lIGHTEN uP. iF yOU fIND iT hARD tO rEAD, dON'T rEAD iT.

writing in a different style is kind of fun. ISN'T IT?

Posted By: m!key Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 03:29 AM
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

if you [censored] sallys cant read dont blame the poster that went out of his/her way to type it up for you. [censored]
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 04:22 AM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Took me 4.5 seconds
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 04:23 AM
For those that are picky, I spent an extra 5 seconds and fixed it up just a bit:

The quickest way to do this is to first remove the lower section of your backseats. You can lift the rubber grommet and gain access to the fuel pump from there. However all I recommend you do here is release the fuel lines and wiring harness from that area. There should be two fuel lines that you can squeeze and they will release and a wire retained wiring harness that is simple as well. Unless you have a returnless (99-2000 model years) in which there will be only one fuel line.

Go ahead and disconnect your battery. Move to the underside of the car (it should be on jack stands and have plenty of clearance)

Directly to the left of the pass side rear wheel is the fuel filter. We need to disconnect it on the rear side of the filter and remove the bolt clamp that holds it on.
***be careful as we are letting the fuel pressure out here so the pressurized fuel in the tank side lines will be emptied. Have a bucket or something ready as well as some rags!***

Once this step is done you will need to lower the exhaust. You could completely remove it if you want to, but I just removed the hangers from the resonator back and propped it up so it wouldn't hang too low and flex too much at the y-pipe. We just need about five inches to get to one of the tank strap bolts. This part will probably need two people.

Once you've lowered the exhaust you should easily see the passenger side strap bolt. Leave this one alone for now. The driver�s side strap bolt is located under the heat shield nearest the resonator. It�s easy to find; just trace the strap! You'll have to remove this heat shield to get to the bolt. (One side may be riveted in and you may only be able to rotate it to one side)

Now you can remove the strap bolts. Have a drunken friend ready to help! Don�t remove them all the way as there are still some lines to be disconnected on top of the tank. Once you have the room you will see on top of the tank three more lines that will need to be removed. One is on the driver�s side of the tank. One uses a pinch clamp like a coolant hose and there should be another one right next to the pinch clamp. However yours is a return style system so there may be another one lurking around on top of the tank.

After removing these lines there is one lat thing to do before the tank can be removed: the filler neck! On the pass side of the vehicle on the rear top of the tank you will see where the neck enters the tank. It has three collars. A metal one that is attached to the filler side (can�t be removed it�s just a retainer)
A white one in the middle (must be rotated 1/4 turn counterclockwise so that the tabs on the bottom black collar are lined up with the "windows" in the white collar)
After this is done you can lower the tank straps all the way out and let the tank down.
****the tank must come out exactly level or the collar on the filler neck wont release. This may also take some prying but be careful not to break the collar. You will have to replace the entire gas tank if you do!!!!!!*****

Once everything is down, you can remove the pump collar. It is self explanatory being removed. Just tap the collar counter clockwise (I believe) until it releases. You can reuse the o-ring if it is not ripped or torn in any areas. The fsvt o-ring does not fit. It is too small. You must use the contour o-ring.

Remove all of your electrical connectors and pull the pump basket out. It also requires...you guessed it a 1/4 turn counterclockwise to release it from the tank.
*** be careful not to bend the floating mechanism when removing or your fuel level will be off!!***

Pop the tabs on the basket to release the upper half of the basket from the bottom half. You can now see the pump body. You will be using the rubber end caps on the stock pump body regardless of which pump you go with. If using the fsvt pump you will also be using the contour screen filter. Remove the one from the fsvt pump body and (after a thorough cleaning reinstall the old contour screen filter. Unless you have a new one, obviously use the new one!) It is also recommended that you remove the screen from the bottom of the basket and use it for a frisbee.

Finish draining tank and wipe clean with a clean rag. (Please don�t use a water hose to clean out you tank unless you have plenty of time to let it dry completely)
I also cleaned the entire outside of the tank so the debris would not enter back in upon reinstall of all of our components.

Reinstall is reverse of removal.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

if you [censored] sallys cant read dont blame the poster that went out of his/her way to type it up for you. [censored]

Holy Tihs!!! That Was Actually Just As Easy As Reading A Regular Paragraph...I Definitely Don't Feeal Too Bad Now.
Thanks For The Support Mikey!!!
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:

Holy Tihs!!! That Was Actually Just As Easy As Reading A Regular Paragraph...I Definitely Don't Feeal Too Bad Now.
Thanks For The Support Mikey!!!

You two can feel free to do away with grammar, spelling--in fact why don't you just forgo a proper language altogether and just grunt at one another like a bunch of cave men! Yay for living in the dark ages!

I make no apologies for holding this board to the high standard it has set for 6 years, free of the ClubSi drivel, and representative of the sensible folk driving the platform. I now realize that the truly wise ones have moved on to something else, rightly leaving the car and this board to the moron or the naive optimist. Decide for yourself which category you fit in...then grunt to your cave mate.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 07:23 PM
Based on your profile, you are in sales. I wonder how many times you respond to a RFQ and get shot down due to your very 'unique' style of typing. In the REAL WORLD no one types like that.

Your how-to has great stuff, but hurts my head when I try to read it. Thanks to the guys that corrected your 'uniqueness' in your how-to.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 07:54 PM
Wow... Now Im Being Attacked Personally...Thanks Shaggy. This is Exactly Why I Find It Harder And Harder To Come Back To CEG And Post Helpful Sh!t. Everyone [censored] And Moans Like A Mule. I Post Relevant Information Every Chance I Get And None Of It Is Second Hand Information. I've Never Taken My Car to A stealership To Have Work Done To It. In Fact The Only Shop That Has Touched My Car Is A Frame Shop When I Wrecked It Into A Wall. And That's Only Because I Don't Have A Frame Machine!!! When I Post Info On These Cars It Comes From Experience In Doing The Task Myself; Firsthand Experience. If I don't Know How To Do Something I Don't Post About It Because It Doesn't Help The Situation And Could Cause More Harm Than Good. If You Don't Want To Read It Because It "Hurts My Eyes" Or Something To That Effect, Then Don't. But When You Run Into A Problem Or Need Advice And I've Written A How-To On The Particular Subject, Guess What, When You Search My Horrible Typing And Helpful Information Will Be There Begging To Be Read. And You Might Just Take The Time To Read It Then. B*#$%es.

And For Those Of You Who Took The 30 Seconds To Correct My Typing, Good For You!! You Are The Few Who Still Care About Making Sure Information Is Passed Along Graciously To Other Selfish Pieses Of "s" On This Site. It Is You Who Should Be Commended For Not Being Lazy!
I've Never Taken My Car to A stealership To Have Work Done To It.

Missed a couple.

Please stop capitalizing every letter.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 08:20 PM
Okay... this thread has run its course.. no further relavant information has been posted.. and no insight on the actual removal process is being added.

The personal attacks, cussing (everyone!), and being rude can be taken to PM, or we can all just grow up.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: How-to: Install Focus SVT Fuel Pump - 02/01/06 08:25 PM
Serious question before I lock the thread:

Why do you type that way?
© CEG Archives