Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Exhaust choices - 05/29/04 04:48 AM
Those of you with after market exhausts, what do you recommend and who do you recommend locally (Edmonton Area) for installing custom exhausts on our cars?
I'm thinking about going with a resonated Trubendz exhaust, I want something a little quieter than my current setup. I had SVT style exhaust with one high flow resonator, no cats and no mufflers. I'm sayin "I had" because i pretty much got nothing left other than few pieces of rusted pipe hanging underneath the car.
The trubendz setup will run me close to $1000 by the time itâ??s installed on my car. I'm thinking for that kind of money I can run true duals if I can find a reputable local shop to do the work.
any suggestions
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Exhaust choices - 05/30/04 04:04 PM
Figure out who the owner of a Midas in your area is and then stalk him, learn his daily routine. After you have that down, have a friend try to run him over, only to have you save him at the last possible second. He will be grateful. When he asks what he can do to repay you, mention "Well, I don't really need anything, I'm just glad I could help" Then hop in your car and start it up. When he hears your missing exhaust, he'll probably do anything you want!
Posted By: Alex T._dup1 Re: Exhaust choices - 05/31/04 01:50 AM
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Exhaust choices - 06/02/04 08:33 PM
Borla. It's not a big deal to install if you have access to a lift. Otherwise, it will take a pro about 1/2 hour to do.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: Exhaust choices - 06/07/04 12:22 AM
Its the easyest mod you can do on a car - rubber hangers everwhere
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Exhaust choices - 06/17/04 01:55 AM
i guess my car will be parked for few more weeks maybe months before i get it on the road again. parts are ordered for new exhaust but gotta wait 3-4 weeks for shipping.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: Exhaust choices - 06/24/04 05:31 PM
Originally posted by abwamo:
i guess my car will be parked for few more weeks maybe months before i get it on the road again. parts are ordered for new exhaust but gotta wait 3-4 weeks for shipping.

Ya sometimes those dog sleds are real slow.......Do the exhaust yoyrself!
© CEG Archives