Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: venom413 Chip - 03/10/04 10:06 AM
Hey guys, I'm having troubles with putting a chip in my car? When I put it in the car wouldn't turn over, and I'm really stuck. Is there anyone near or in calgary that could give me hand, because i don't know what the heck I'm doin.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Chip - 03/10/04 04:17 PM
Many seem to have that problem. Search under chip or chip problems and you'll prob find the culprit, it's a DIY thing unless the chip=bad.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: Chip - 03/10/04 05:51 PM
I've installed a few superchips...

Make sure all the contacts are clean. Take the computer right out and clean it meticulously but do not be harsh with it. Make sure there is no little rubber chunks in the chip as well. Ensure the computer is pushed all the way in before trying to screw it in and be careful not to bend any of the pins. this can be a major PITA considering its position.

May want to ensure you reset the computer as well ( do all this with the battery unhooked )

good luck
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Chip - 03/10/04 06:39 PM
where did you get ur chip from, did you get a custom program, and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?
its something i'm considering for the future once i'm done modding, most likely end of this summer or whenever i redo my exhaust.
© CEG Archives