Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: trujap_dup1 so what planned? - 02/24/04 06:21 PM
so guys what's planned this summer for mods/repairs??
I'm in dire need of new brakes front and rear. And some new suspension hopefully going to lower the beast!!
and thinking of a new timing chain, and gut my precats cuz there giving me a CEL light and its driving me insane!!! As i get that done thinking of getting whole new exhaust as well. We'll see where my money is!!
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/24/04 07:39 PM
Summer tires - since I garbaged the POS's that came on my car and I only have Blizzacks, perhaps some cobra style rims.

New front brakes.

Maintenance.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/25/04 04:42 AM
i'll take you!!
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/25/04 05:20 AM
i'm in a desperate need for a new starter, also gotta get the timing chain replaced and fix my exhaust.
mods? well it all depends on if i get my money back from Kaotic, if i do I'm repainting the car and getting some SVT plastic.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/25/04 05:27 AM
I also promised my sister i'll get her a new deck, tint the windows, and get an auto starter for her car before next winter.
I guess i'm slowly modding my sister's bimmer too. I guess thats all i got planned for this spring so far, pretty much just maintenance on my car "it really needs the paint".
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/25/04 07:55 AM
i'll take you too.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/25/04 08:27 PM
Originally posted by trujap:
i'll take you too.

oh yeah "bring it on" i've never backed away from a challenge.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/25/04 08:36 PM
better get ready to feel like this for a couple weeks

SHO 0wns J00!

ever feel a trout slap your head? huh? want some more

Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 12:14 AM
i see another challenge, well you are ON too. Trust me i wouldn't cry if i loose to a SHO but i would cry if i drive a SHO and i loose to a contour.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 09:06 AM
ohhh.... your going to get told..... shouldn't of sold the tour
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 12:34 PM
nah im 50 HP and 40 ft lbs up from my mystique even after pouring money into it. already proven to be 2 seconds faster then my atx was in the 1/4 and that was on crappy tires and with the car not 100%.

I think what we need is a nice empty 3 lane highway.... lets see first one to 220 km/h

Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 12:39 PM
oh yea

sho vs cvst

Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 04:01 PM
i know i got no chance but it would be fun.
no i can't hit 220km/h, my car cuts off at 180km/h but i would like to see how i can compare to a SHO.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 05:00 PM
god damn street racers
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 05:05 PM
who send anything about street racing
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 02/27/04 07:55 PM
Street racing? this would be a sanctioned event with fully licensed professional drivers on "manning speedway" or perhaps "yellowhead nation runway". You know closed course, full roll caged cars....

I hope to make an SHO vid one day when I get my new tires and we have dry pavement. Blizzacks on dry roads are useless until 3rd gear. would like to do a 0-200 kmh.

Damn snow again Oh well less wear on the Blizzacks
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: so what planned? - 02/28/04 10:22 PM
I always enjoyed my 180kph runs down the Whitemud International Speedway at 4AM myself. From the West Edmonton Mall corner all the way to the 50th Street Straightaway...
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: so what planned? - 03/11/04 12:58 AM
I've got the worst luck with cops, I wouldn't dare try the Whitemud speedway run...that would be so fun though...gad I wish there would be no chance of getting caught. That's all that'd holding me back!

Nice work tho.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 03/11/04 02:08 AM
Originally posted by abwamo:
i'm in a desperate need for a new starter, also gotta get the timing chain replaced and fix my exhaust.
mods? well it all depends on if i get my money back from Kaotic, if i do I'm repainting the car and getting some SVT plastic.

today i took the first step into getting the SVT plastic, i ordered a pre98 SVT front bumper from Micah. I will be getting an SVT rear soon but keeping my stock side skirts if the SE sides look like they don't fit maybe i'll replace them down the road.
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: so what planned? - 03/18/04 08:05 PM
SVT side skirts for me! Should be arriving in a day or two, I'm pumped! Definitely gonna be the only Mystique around here with those!
Hey, do you guys know if SVT springs are lower than stock ones? Or do I need both springs and struts from an SVT?
I potentially could be getting all 4 springs from a written off SVT, but I don't know if they'll fit, or if they'll even make a difference. I'm only looking for maybe an inch drop anyways...
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: so what planned? - 03/18/04 09:43 PM
SVT springs will be lower than a 98 Stique's.

I think they are about the same as pre-98 SE springs as far as ride height goes.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 03/21/04 01:49 AM
I am a little excited because it looks like my Credit Card company might be reinbursing me the $650US back that Kaotic ripped off of me. If i get the 650 back its going straight back in the car, since i already considered this money gone for good. Don't know what to spend on it yet, but a new starter is first on my list, a new exhaust would be next on the list.
I can't believe myself i dont have the money and i'm already planning how to spend it. gotta stop spending money, sh!t i think i'm getting the mod bug again.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 03/21/04 02:17 AM
maintenance is a killer. i just dropped 250 on a starter this last week... plus I'm trying to get the car up to par since it will be making a trek across Canada and back... Want to ensure it makes it.

Next on the list is tires, oil and filter change, fuel pump replacement.

And that had better be it for a while considering I have done: Cam Seals, camshaft sensor, plugs, wires, o2's, spark plug well seals, valve cover gaskets, TPS, cat removal, starter replaced....

Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/02/04 08:09 PM
Originally posted by abwamo:
I am a little excited because it looks like my Credit Card company might be reinbursing me the $650US back that Kaotic ripped off of me.

well my credit card just recredit me $955.10, i still have 271.13 in credit after paying for micah pre98 SVT front bumper.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/05/04 04:18 PM
i guess the $271 will be put into my SVT rear bumper fund.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/05/04 08:52 PM
Thats close to 1/2 the cost of a 3L block.....

BTW new fuel pump and tires are on the car. I'm really liking the new Fuzion tires. Very quiet, nice and grippy but W rated so they should last longer then Z's and are good to 168MPH....

Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/05/04 10:44 PM
3L might be an option if the whinning noise is timing chain related or if my starter problem is something caused by a bad flywheel. any chance of getting the engine out of the bay for any kind of repairs, it won't be going back in.
I'm hope that none of my problems are anything major so i can do the bodywork this year and forget the whole 3L thing. i honestly don't care about the performance as much as getting my car to run good right now for as little $$$$ as possible.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/06/04 07:50 PM
Cleaned and re-oiled the air filter yesterday, while I was at it pulled the intake out and checked the TB it definitely needs a cleaning. Iā??ll be doing the intake and TB cleaning on Thursday just before I go for my oil change. I also changed the power steering and brake fluid over my 2 hr lunch break today, it made a night&day difference in the steering "highly recommended getting the power steering fluid replaced if you havenā??t done it in a while".
That leaves the tranny and radiator fluids flush for Thursday along serpentine belt replacement and new starter install.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/07/04 01:22 PM
I'm going completely stock for my car. I ran 15.3 with it running like crap on bald tires...

Since then I've done maintenance like a mad man. Only thing that will not be stock is the fact that the cats are missing...

I went stock down to the air filter and oil filter even. I didn't like the K&N fouling the maf every few weeks. My goal for the car is to hit high 14's with it in this form.

Then my mod path will have ended until I get myself into a new car... perhaps a Lincoln LS V8....
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: so what planned? - 04/07/04 07:49 PM
i would be really happy if i can get my car to run into 15s
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: so what planned? - 04/08/04 12:00 AM
I can pull of 18 second runs all day long

Wait a minute...
© CEG Archives