Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96SEMAN rubbin it in... - 01/11/04 10:58 PM
Well,I broke down and took the contour out of the garage yesterday and put another 50 or so K on it
before putting it back away for another couple months,still waiting for the snow to disappear....
Anybody else hide theirs for the winter??
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: rubbin it in... - 01/12/04 04:52 PM
I cant afford another car....
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: rubbin it in... - 01/16/04 10:20 AM
I'm putting my car away for the winter as soon as my sister gets her car registered. She is been driving my car since september, I thought if i'm nice enough to let her learn how to drive on my car she might let me drive her bimmmer when she gets it on the road sometime next week.

Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: rubbin it in... - 01/17/04 09:37 AM
Some day I will see your beast in person... some day...

I hid the ZX5 behind the house under a cover and drove the $50 car all winter... unfortunately, the $50 car I think may have died on me last night. It started shooting oil out of the intake manifold, then stalled in a cloud that smelled alot like the gas/oil I use in the boat in the summer

After driving a 40ish hp car with 135R12 tires on it for a week or two, the Focus feels like a rocket with the cornering abilities of an F1 car...
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: rubbin it in... - 01/18/04 04:52 AM
Ya luke,someday you may see the contour again-maybe we can get to actually meet some other
guys in edmonton some weekend this year!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: rubbin it in... - 01/18/04 08:27 AM
We'll keep saying that until they bury us all

Took the ZX5 out today for the first time in a long time and I swear I almost killed myself laughing the first time I used the brakes. The Micra has something I would much rather refer to as "slower downers of doom" you push the pedal to the floor and the car gradually slows down, then the rear wheel locks up and the car tries to do a 180... good times...
© CEG Archives