Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Canada Meet - 01/13/03 07:45 AM
Is anyone interested in a meet in Canada?
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Canada Meet - 01/13/03 08:18 AM
Canada is so big!
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Canada Meet - 01/13/03 07:26 PM
Originally posted by EdmontonSVT:
Is anyone interested in a meet in Canada?

depends on where it is in canada
Posted By: ArcticSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/14/03 10:55 PM
I would be interested.....depending on where?
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/14/03 11:57 PM
Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancover, Jasper, Banff, Kamloops, or fairmont hotsprings. All of which I think would be a lot of fun. Mountains make for great pictures and a nice ride. If you have any ideas feel free to post them.
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Canada Meet - 01/15/03 02:15 AM
Too far away for me.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/15/03 06:13 AM
Is there anywhere that is better for you.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/15/03 08:51 PM
How about somewhere like Idaho washington oe Montana. Would anyone be interested in one of these. Come on you guys throw me a fricken bone
Posted By: Airforce Re: Canada Meet - 01/16/03 05:58 PM
I'm from Chicago and I wouldn't mind going if it was going to be a fun meet!
Posted By: Qbert_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/16/03 07:05 PM
How about somewhere like Idaho washington oe Montana. Would anyone be interested in one of these. Come on you guys throw me a fricken bone

You might get some interest in the NW area, though there don't seem to be nearly as many 'tours out here as there are back east. We don't have the luxury of having a big meet near us like most of the other people do, that is why I feel you may get a decent turn out from a meet in the West.
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/17/03 02:56 AM
For a national meet in Canada, I'd go anywhere west of Winnipeg.

- Kerry
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/17/03 07:48 AM
Few of us tried getting a meet here in Edmonton this past summer but both times the weather didn't help and noone showed up. I'd definitely come out for a western Canada meet, if there is enough interest.
Posted By: The-Ghosst Re: Canada Meet - 01/19/03 02:54 AM
Once my car arrives in Calgary, I'll be up for a meet. I don't know when it will be making it's way out yet, everything is still up in the air for the moment.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/20/03 07:12 AM
People who are interested in a Canada meet, please put down a place of your best interest, I will go anywhere. This can be as fun as we want it to be, also the more people the more fun. Thanx everyone so far for posting or reading my posts.
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/21/03 05:44 AM
We should meet in Banff or Jasper, no?

However, talk is cheap. I don't want to drive all that way if only 10 people show up. We've had that many for local meets.

Kerry
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/21/03 06:17 PM
Originally posted by The-Ghosst:
Once my car arrives in Calgary, I'll be up for a meet. I don't know when it will be making it's way out yet, everything is still up in the air for the moment.

Sure your barely even gone yet and your already forgetting your Contour roots.
Posted By: DanCanuck_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/21/03 11:54 PM
I'm game...when the weather gets better....I don't want
to be driving thru the Rockies anytime soon. I'm in VAnc
but wouldn't mind a nice drive somewhere.....it could be
northern Idaho, Montana, Wash or even Calgary or Banff....
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/23/03 01:43 AM
I will organize or help organize anything to make a meet somewhere this summer. I can't go to any of the other meets because they are to far. So if people could start saying if they would want to do something in one of these areas please this way I can get an idea of who would be interested. If I think we have enough "for sure" people I will put the effort in to make it a good time. Thanks again everyone
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/23/03 05:23 AM
I'm very interested and will try my hardest to be there but I might not have the choice because Iā??m going to be starting a new job out of town.

How about we set a date and location:
Banff and Jasper were mentioned more than once by few people, I think the mountains will be a lot of fun. How many people would be interested in a meet in the Canadian Rockies? And what dates are convenient for you guys?
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/23/03 11:49 PM
Antwhere is fine with me, but I also think the mountains would be a lot of fun. If people could start putinf down there favorite place to go, when, and what is most important for them to have a good time. Thanks
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/25/03 03:36 AM

Canada Meet
Yes
Most likely
No

Please let me know if you are interested in a meet, I am not sure where, but so far I think it will be somewhere like jasper or banff, but it is still up for negotiation. Where ever we have the most interest is likly where we would go. Thanks
Posted By: kerrychin_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/28/03 05:24 AM
Ideas on where to meet:

Jasper
Banff
Victoria (just kidding...)
Waterton Lakes National Park (somewhere around the intersection of BC/Alberta/Idaho/Montana)

I'm willing to drive up to 12 hrs to meet. Must be an organized event worth our while to plan for.

Kerry
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/28/03 08:36 PM
What kind of stuff do I plan. I am more than willing to put in the effort. To me it sounds like somewhere in the mountains which I'm more than happy with. Please let me know what kinds of things you need for it to be a good meet. Also I have for responses to my poll, but I have like 10-15 different people who have talke on this sig, come on guys help me out a little. I am willing to put a lot of time and effort in this. Thanks Dan
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/29/03 04:54 AM
How about we have it in Newfoundland?
Alright maybe it's not going to fly, but it sure would be nice for me!!lol
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 01/30/03 06:44 AM
If you think we can get a lot of interest, try it out. Keep the votes and answers on the poll coming guys. Thanx
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/30/03 09:39 PM
I'm asking for a Western Canada Forum, so we can organize events and exchange ideas locally. if you guys believe that this is a good idea show your support in this thread: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=168781&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=2&vc=1&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: fordsdad_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/31/03 02:00 AM
I would be interested.
Posted By: Stephen_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 01/31/03 02:18 AM
Long time lurker here, I would like to meet with ye' all somewhere near Edmonton, Alberta.

Stephen
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/02/03 02:50 AM
you guys name the place, I will meet with you (almost) any time in Edmonton, just tell me where.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/02/03 02:52 AM
welcome fordsdad
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/02/03 04:31 AM
Edmonton SVT: how about an Edmonton meet for now, gather up as many local guys here in Edmonton get to know everybody(that shows up), find out who would be interested in a Canada meet and discuss the options. this way we have some info/background to discuss with the rest of the guys here in the forums for the bigger meet later this year.

Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/03/03 12:16 AM
sounds good to me, when and where should we all try to meet. I live in the west end, about 10 min from west Edmonton mall.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/03/03 03:26 AM
I'm a student and work part time but my evenings and weekends are open.
I live on campus(UofA), so i'm right in the center and anywhere in the city is fine with me. So i'll let the guys with more missed up schedules to speak up with days/times that are convenient for them.
EdmontonSVT: What days/times are good for you?
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/03/03 06:43 AM
The only days that are bad for me are tueday thursday at 10am-3pm, I am in school at concordia university college, but other wise any time. Meet somewhere like boston pizza or something, get to meet eachother and talk cars and a Canada meet, It does not get better than this
Posted By: SLEYPR Re: Canada Meet - 02/04/03 12:51 AM
I'm Ballz...

Where you thinkin of havin it?
Central Canada would be nice but I'm game where ever...
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/04/03 08:50 PM
So far I think the most interest is in banff or close the Montana border. People seem to be interested in the mountains. Where would you be most interested, and did you vote yes on the poll, if not please do. Thanx
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/05/03 06:06 AM
I would like to go to Radium hot springs, It has great scenery and it is affordable. With lots to do, except it has no race way. This is just my opinion for now. I have changed it so many times. I also really like jasper, banff, lake Louis, the place by the Border mention on page 3, all of these I think we could have a great time with.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/06/03 07:40 PM
Hey guys finally got my internet to work properly, it was really messing with me. So when are we going to have an edmonton meet??
I hope soon but not that soon, building the custom stero right now it's going to look PIMPED so just you guys wait.
OK!!
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/06/03 10:37 PM
what was the problem? I'm no computer expert but i'd like to know what was that all about.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/07/03 04:54 AM
My cookies weren't remebering my login, it was really pissing me off. So working at Future shop I just asked one of my computer techs the problem and they told me how to fix it, so know i'm back and we can talk more about contours!!!!!
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 02/10/03 09:56 PM
I'm from saskatoon-and A meet in calgary/edmonton would definately work for me-I tried to get some guys together last summer but too many conflicting schedules
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/11/03 07:32 PM
I want anywhere, so where we have the most interest the better, I wanted it here because we have a race way, I think Calgary does too, but I would be happy anywhere I guess. Thanx for posting
Posted By: Snuckums_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/15/03 12:05 AM
Hi Guys,

When are we meeting please?
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 02/15/03 02:17 AM
I say we just go for either calgary or edmonton on something like the may or july long weekends,that way we can get Sask/Alberta/Bc people all together-Who's IN??
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/15/03 07:57 PM
I would be in, but again anywhere within reason I am game.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/20/03 01:58 AM
Well, I give up on this. I am going to the edmonton or calgary track this summer, anyone feel free to set a date if you want to join.
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 02/20/03 05:37 PM
2ND weekend of July-Calgary
Post if you want in!!
Posted By: Brokk_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/21/03 07:41 AM
Sounds good to me. Set a date though as my job requires alot of travelling and I may not be around, this way I can book off the time.

And who says taking time off for ... hmmm "family reasons" isnt important...

Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/21/03 08:12 PM
I'm in, are we gong to make a weekend out of it, or just a day thing?
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 02/21/03 10:28 PM
Meet for the day-there are some cool places that we can drive and take pics+then maybe go for a good supper somewheres...any other ideas??
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/22/03 05:23 AM
I'll keep it at "I'll try to be there", July/August is the peak of construction and work in my field(engineering). I was hoping a little earlier than July, but i'll try to take days off when a final date and location is set.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/22/03 08:40 AM
sounds good to me, I will spend the night in a hotel, and anyone else who does, can join me for breakfest.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/23/03 07:28 AM
I was thinking about the date mentioned "the 2nd weekend of July in Calgary", does anyone know if there is a track in Calgary and if they do have street legal racing on weekends. I know Edmonton does but i can't check their 2003 schedule. For some odd reason my Internet Explorer keeps on freezing when i try to open up their schedule. If anyone wants to look it up the schedule the address is www.budpark.com/2003schedule.pdf
If anyone knows the calgary track site, can you plz check the schedule. lets figure out an official date and get this meet going.
Posted By: Brokk_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 02/25/03 10:10 AM
Doesnt look like they have much going on during the 14 of July at Bud park, we could probably meet there and do some runs.
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 02/25/03 06:52 PM
Well,looks like there will be 3 or 4 of us,enough for a start!!
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 02/26/03 04:41 AM
I will be there for sure. I say we go before than also. I will most likly go as much as can and as much as I can afford. I can't wait. My summer tires and megs will be on. It looked good before I had my door guards off, it will look even better after. I can't wait.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/04/03 01:32 AM
Who will be interested in a meet here in Edmonton?
I noticed that most of the people repying to this thread are the locals, having the meet here in Edmonton might be the best choice.
I know that few Edm CEG'rs including me are more than happy to organize this meet. There is always something going on at the track for those interested in Motorcross Racing or Drag Racing. I can also look into Dyno-testing if there is enough interest.
The month of July is full of activities here in Edm: 4-13 Edmonton International Street Performer's Festival and 17-26 Klondike days.
Please reply and show your support.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 03/04/03 02:27 AM
Lets make this a for sure. On the weekend of july 11 there will be a meet, that will involve Bud race way and anything else that seems of interest to people. So mark this off on your calender. I am pretty sure the only day for bud park is July 11, but I am not 100% on that. So the second weekend of July third in edmonton is where we will me. Please feel free to disagree with this or shine some sunshine up my ***
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/04/03 02:44 AM
dyno testing will be great, i need one with a wideband o2(?) so i can get my air fuel readings and send my chip out to be reburned with a custom program. tho with my insurance payments, recent dual exhaust and loss of hours it may be a while till ill be ready for that
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/04/03 03:17 AM
The specs of the dyno are on the bottom of this page: www.stewsdyno.com/car.htm
I'm waiting for a reply on pricing and availability during 2nd or 3rd weekend of July. I think we should let the people coming from out of town choose between the 2nd or 3rd week of July. It doesn't make a difference to me since I'm asking for 1 of the 2 weekend off from work and driving back to Edmonton from Slave Lake. But the earlier we decide the better.
Budpark now has motorcross racing too but a membership is required. I'll check if we can organize a weekend event. www.budpark.com/mx.asp
But I need to see interest in these events so I don't feel like Iā??m wasting my time.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/04/03 05:50 AM
for those interested in dyno testing i just recieved this response from stew's dyno:

Hello thanks for the inquiry. I have Saturday the 19th and the 26th and 27th open. As for rates for this year seeing how it is my first full year I am not charging to appear at events, but it would be nice if I could have at least ten cars on the dyno per day. If every thing goes smoothly I can do two to three vehicles per hour. My rate is $60 per vehicle. That includes a run through every gear, then a power pull though the one to one gear.

thanks again,
Stewart (780)-721-3090

If anyone wants to get dyno tested, the meet has to be on the 3rd weekend of July.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 03/04/03 08:12 PM
Well lets make it the 3rd weekend, the more stuff we have in store, the more people will want to come. Do you guys think I should put this in each forum. So everyone knows about it. Let me know what you guys think.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/08/03 01:36 AM
It seems like most people lost interest
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/08/03 09:53 AM
Originally posted by abwamo:
It seems like most people lost interest

Sorry dude I'm just not into performance anymore. It's too costly I'm into other things like watching movies in my car.
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Canada Meet - 03/10/03 03:02 PM
I'd show if I have time off work that week, although I don't have the Contour anymore Would I be shunned?
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 03/10/03 05:47 PM
Honkeytonk-Me and the contour say that you're welcome,the more the merrier right-besides us s/toon guys gotta stick together!!
What do you guys think,should we open it up to Mystiques also??
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 03/11/03 03:22 AM
open it to as many cars as you please, but no jap crap, I can't stand those fart pipes on Honda's
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Canada Meet - 03/11/03 03:31 PM
Yeah there's us two from the CEG, and there are a few FocalJet guys here too. We could have a nice convoy going and hook up with the Regina people on thier way through

It would be hilarious, you guys could just hit the gas and leave us all behind in our mini minivans
Posted By: 96SEMAN Re: Canada Meet - 03/11/03 05:58 PM
Yah,and we could have a blast on the double lane all the way to Edmonton...
My buddy in regina just bought a 95 Mystique full load V-6 5-speed so he'll be coming along too....
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Canada Meet - 03/11/03 08:16 PM
The double becomes a single for about 20 minutes after North Battleford. That's where we'd have the most fun. Any of us have a radar detector? We may need it Radisson, Borden, and Maidstone police have nothing to do so they tend to creep out of thier locales and give me tickets
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/12/03 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
The double becomes a single for about 20 minutes after North Battleford. That's where we'd have the most fun. Any of us have a radar detector? We may need it Radisson, Borden, and Maidstone police have nothing to do so they tend to creep out of thier locales and give me tickets

I think you shouldn't speed
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Canada Meet - 03/13/03 11:54 PM
That doesn't sound lie much fun though... I prefer the speeding idea w/radar myself!

Hopefully I have my subwoofer repaired before any road trip happens. No bass makes mr. monkey very angry!
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 03/14/03 01:45 AM
Everyone speeds, if you can tell me you don't speed, I will call B.S. You may not exceed the speed limit by a lot, but 1 over is technically still speeding. I speed, but within reason.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 03/14/03 02:29 AM
Oh yeah well I dont speed.
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Canada Meet - 03/14/03 10:37 PM
Everyone speeds, if you can tell me you don't speed, I will call B.S. You may not exceed the speed limit by a lot, but 1 over is technically still speeding. I speed, but within reason.

Wha tdo you know, you don't even have a driver's license... at least that's what Hitler jr. told me!
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: Canada Meet - 03/16/03 07:39 AM
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 dyno update - 03/25/03 07:05 PM
"july 19 is still open for me but if some one contacts me with solid plans i would have to give them the date. i can give a/f traces on the print outs but that is a extra hook up that i charge $30 for and when you are trying to get as many people on the dyno like with a group that you have and try to get extra hook ups in place it burns up alot of time. the best way to test the a/f is if you have an extra 02 bung on your exhaust pipe, or if your factory sensor is easy to get at to take out. give me a call if you have more dyno specific questions. 780-721-3090"

Just got this reply after asking about a/f readings with the dyno, it turns out there is a $30 charge for the xtra hookups. I want a list of people that want dyno($60) or dyno+a/f(60+$30) so i can book the dyno, and try to bargain for a better group deal.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: dyno update - 03/25/03 07:07 PM
to start this I'm in for dyno+a/f.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: dyno update - 03/25/03 11:34 PM
dyno + a/f

much needed for my custom chip
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: dyno update - 03/27/03 07:39 AM
dyno
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Canada Meet - 06/27/03 01:43 AM
so, are we doing this
© CEG Archives