Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cris'pus Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/13/05 04:34 PM
Any tropic csvt's in edmonton from here? Someone parked beside me on saturday. Pre-98 sail panels and no spoiler. I got a picture of it too I've yet to upload.
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/13/05 04:59 PM
well i have a tropic but not a svt, and i was there too on sat.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/15/05 03:06 PM
By the sounds of it, everyone in a 50 km radius of that place go there at least once a week, for reasons, unknown!
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/15/05 04:12 PM
i never go there, to many people, i sometimes pop in to see friends who work there.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/15/05 09:52 PM
when i lived in Edmonton i never went to the mall, but now i'm married and live 250kms away from the city i have to stop there whenever i'm visiting. For reasons known to my wife only...
the only thing i know is that every visit puts me around a grand in the hole.
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/15/05 10:30 PM
hehe yeah women and shopping, dangerous.
Posted By: GreenSVT4ME Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/19/05 11:00 PM
Hi Guys, newbie here, that was my green SVT that was parked next to Cris'pus at WEM. I have been lurking around here since March 2005, when I started looking for a Contour SVT. I was lucky enough to find this car in Calgary in late April, and bought it.

Thanks for the note you left on my car.

Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/20/05 03:37 AM
welcome to the club buddy.
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/20/05 03:38 AM
now this makes 9 so far, and still growing
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/21/05 06:46 AM
Heyhey! Nice of you to sign in. I got a picture of us parked, but tis on my brother's camera still. I was in a super rush but when I saw your car I was like....this would look good. So anyways, you have a nice car, and I hope you weren't ashamed of mine ...it was abnormally dirty.
Posted By: GreenSVT4ME Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/22/05 02:12 AM
I actually parked beside you to get a better look at you wheels and grill. Your car looks good too, I didn't even notice if it was dirty. I want to color match my grill soon, drop the car about 1.5" and get a sweet set of 17's, well youmight as well add a 5 window tint too.

It's not too big a wish list, is it?
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/28/05 06:25 AM
Originally posted by GreenSVT4ME:

It's not too big a wish list, is it?

haha, nope. That'll keep it even nicer looking. But I'm wondering how you can stand those potholes and cold bumps that are HUGE, over there...
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/30/05 04:46 PM
Nice to have more people around here! Good work! The novelty of that mall is lost on those that live right there...soo true! But now that I am working far away, I've been craving to return! Funny how that works!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 09/30/05 06:56 PM
Hi Guys, newbie here, that was my green SVT that was parked next to Cris'pus at WEM. I have been lurking around here since March 2005, when I started looking for a Contour SVT. I was lucky enough to find this car in Calgary in late April, and bought it.

Hey, i was looking at that Tropic, Calgary NE right? a guy in shaganappi ish area? had a high-flow resonater on it right? It was a nice car, but i couldent get it into 5th gear for some reason, looks like it was well taken care of. Hows the car treating you now?
Posted By: GreenSVT4ME Re: Tropic at West Ed Mall - 10/06/05 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Hey, i was looking at that Tropic, Calgary NE right? a guy in shaganappi ish area? had a high-flow resonater on it right? It was a nice car, but i couldent get it into 5th gear for some reason, looks like it was well taken care of. Hows the car treating you now?

I really like the car,and your right it was very well taken care of. I haven't had any trouble with 5th gear. Actually within the the first week that I had it I installed a b&m shifter, what a differance that made. I got all the receipts with the car when I bought it, and the transmission had been replaced at 70,000KM, there was problem with 2nd gear according to the dealer invoice.

I'm really enjoying this car, it really is a lot of fun to drive.
© CEG Archives