Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cris'pus Quick! - 06/25/05 03:20 PM
A guy from saskatoon posted in zetec maintenance, grab him so western canada goes to 5 members
Posted By: Ford_Guy Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 03:37 AM
I'm here now, that's 6 members! LOL
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 04:41 AM
Right on, right on.

You've got the black SVT with the Koni kit, right? How much did that kit run you and how was the install? And what do you think now after using it a bit?
Posted By: Ford_Guy Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 06:13 AM
The kit was around $1000 CDN from Mopac. I had it installed at a local shop who claimed that it was a [censored] to put in, which I doubt... but anyway that is the price I pay for living in an apartment, with no tools or space to do it my self.

The kit is pretty good, I will need to get some camber plates to get the front camber back into spec to avoid [censored] tire wear. I should have had that done at the time. Some guys have indicated that their tire wear has been normal with drops well below an inch and a half. I finot too sure of that as the camber looks really bad to the eye. But I think the Koni kit was a good idea. If I had gone cheap with Eibach (which Mopac sells for really cheap) and got some KYB's (about $100 a side) I still would have been close to $700. So for $300 more I decided to get what probably is one of the better setups available.

EDIT: It seems this site automatically bleeps out the word s_hitty... wow..
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 07:20 AM
Well you've got one nice setup. Those wheels are awesome awesome and complement the drop
(Really we don't need to cloud posts with language )

Also I didn't know Mopac was in Alta.!
Posted By: Ford_Guy Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 03:50 PM
Thanks. Ya, they are in Calgary too. I have been dealing with them since their original Kingsway store was open. They have pretty decent prices.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 03:55 PM
Cool. We are getting a new one in Langley and I hear it is going to have a dyno
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 06:40 PM
is that koni struts and springs for $1000?
i'm gona need suspension soon, the rear is shot and looks like ass. where abouts is Mopac? I'll have to check them out.
Posted By: Ford_Guy Re: Quick! - 07/01/05 07:50 PM
Ya, both springs and struts, they come in a kit. Mopac is Only in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. Their website isn't very good but I think you can mail order.

http://www.mopacautosupply.com/
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: Quick! - 07/02/05 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info, and yah it does look good in the 'tour, I'm not a fan of those 'studded' rims though, but looks like a decent setup.

And ugh, I know what you mean about living in an apartment, they are so strict, I got in trouble for fricking waxxing my car in the lot! I was like, WTF?
© CEG Archives