Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 and i thought it was summer - 03/23/05 05:21 PM
just as i started thinking about takin my winter wheels off it dumps just over a foot of snow and drops to -10.
oh well that means at least another month of the white stuff and icy roads...
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: and i thought it was summer - 03/26/05 09:07 PM
Alas...I Accept ALL the responsibility for the Snow. I installed my summer tire on March 8, for a trip to the Coast. Great trip. It snowed the day after I returned. Oh ya....I washed my car the same day!
One can do amazing Donoughts with 17's on......
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/01/05 10:09 PM
do you guys figure its safe to put the summer tires back on, or are we gona get more of the white stuff.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/02/05 07:50 AM
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/02/05 06:12 PM
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/03/05 05:25 PM
Yeah you don't have snow, just a crapload of extremely bad drivers. Kinda like Saskatoon, only near the ocean
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/04/05 02:01 AM
The forecast for the coming week is sunny and highs in the mid teens, but the minute I throw the rims back on I know its going dump more snow. So i'll give it to the middle of the month eventhough everyone i know has their summer wheels back on.
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/04/05 09:42 PM
My rule is the first time the temperature gets over 20 degrees after April 15th.
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/05/05 02:40 AM
Meh, i just got some new Falken ZE-512's on the car and i washed it and made it look all nice. I even shampoo'd the carpets. Now whos the one tempting the weather gods. It looks like it should be really nice this week and i wanted the nice tires on it.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/06/05 04:22 AM
washed & waxed my rims today but put'em back in the garage, waiting for the town sweepers to clean the roads. sand is everywhere...
The car is also begging for wash, shampoo, and waxing BUT this will mean the end of the nice weather we are having. The weather gods don't like it when my car is clean.
my K&N filter, intake, and TB need cleaning and its also time for a new fuel filter. my exhaust is saggin so might have to add another hanger but i'll take a better look once i have the car up on jack stands to swap the wheels.
that will leave one repair and its a major one so i'll let my trusted mechanic deal with it "dropping the tranny for possible flywheel/starter problems".
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/06/05 04:29 AM
oh i forgot one thing i've been ignoring for 2 years now "air condition". might get a used compressor and get it working again, or ignore it for a little longer. not like it get used very often around here, especially when equiped with moonroof.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/09/05 06:00 AM
Bit of snow today! I expect it to get worse....I've finished welding the header downpipe....fuel injectors are coming out next. I think 2 1/2 weekd to finish.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/11/05 06:49 AM
What's with the +20 Degress you're all getting now?
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/11/05 03:01 PM
better not snow here, just took my winter wheels off last night.
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/11/05 04:54 PM
I did it this weekend. Got the 17's back on. Ooooh the feel of the sticky rubber again, high speed cornering, fast lane changes, Groat Road at stupid speeds. Ah summer how I've missed you!
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/11/05 08:20 PM
Just gotta watch out for the sand / gravel. I usually wait a bit for the street cleaners and a few good rains to clean up the roads before really turning the car.

These tires on my Fukus are so bad... I can't wait for them to wear out. They are on the "advanced road manners course" right now. Hopefully they will live only a short life.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: and i thought it was summer - 04/12/05 04:18 PM
1/2 in. snow on the ground, that must mean my exhaust is ready.
© CEG Archives