Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wanabsvt svt parts - 03/17/05 07:50 PM
I'm having a hard time finding svt parts in Alberta(intake,cams,body,etc.)car-parts.com has next to nothing.Any help would be appreciated.thanks.
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: svt parts - 03/17/05 09:33 PM
Im also looking for a few things so if you happen to find anything out there post it up if you can.
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: svt parts - 03/17/05 09:57 PM
These two sites are pretty good. Let me know if they work for you ?

http://www.spmotorsports.com/

http://www.spmotorsports.com/
Posted By: wanabsvt Re: svt parts - 03/17/05 10:26 PM
Sorry.I meant used parts(cheaper).
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: svt parts - 03/17/05 11:31 PM
the classifieds would be the best place to look for used SVT parts. if you find SVT parts at a wrecker around here consider yourself lucky.
CTA Motorsports sells some used parts, not too sure if they have any right now.
Posted By: SVT25_dup1 Re: svt parts - 03/18/05 11:40 AM
On ebay it looks like a guy is parting out nearly a whole contour. Might want to check that out
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: svt parts - 03/20/05 05:32 PM
Mesa gots the keyless module
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: svt parts - 03/21/05 06:51 PM
he he, I got the dual exhaust off that guy and if lucky will be getting the rear bumper tonight! Abwamo you may recall I was inquiring about a bumper a while back. Currently my Mystique is in the shop getting my spoiler installed and if I get the bumper it will get the side skirts and rear bumper installed as soon as the bumper arrives. Only took me a year or so to find the parts for a price I was willing to pay, and believe me I've been looking hard! Got the side skirts for $80CAD and the spoiler for $80CAD, bumper..I'm guessing is gonna go for about $250 US. FYI, Ford says $1750 for a new SVT rear cover, $2300 with paint and installation. I know a paint guy so should be able to get it refinished for cheap and obviously I will install myself.
How much would you guys be willing to pay for the SVT rear bumper? And you think the Mystique's gonna look decent with the skirts/rear?
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: svt parts - 03/22/05 12:49 AM
Well as an update I lost the eBay auction for the bumper so once again will continue my search...if anyone can assist!
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: svt parts - 03/22/05 03:37 PM
Im planning on doing the side skirts and rear bumper on my mystique as well. I got my exhaust of a friends SVT, but it was a magnaflow exhaust that the exhaust shop put together.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: svt parts - 03/22/05 04:21 PM
I wanted to do the SVT plastic all around too but no point of doing the sides and rear without the front especially on a pre 98.
my project has been on hold for a year now, only if i hear from Micah... i'm willing to fly there and pick up the friggin bumper myself and ship it back.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: svt parts - 03/26/05 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Electric Frost:
Well as an update I lost the eBay auction for the bumper so once again will continue my search...if anyone can assist!

Hey I know someone who is near me that is selling an SVT back bumper. I have told another friend about it but he isn't sure if he wants it so the bumper still technically for sale. The guy wants $200 for it I'm not sure how much shipping will be from Ontario to AB but it shouldn't be bad at all.

As for your car looking alreight without the SVT front, the only way it will look good is if the car is slammed on coilovers trust me. I have a custom made SVT front for the Mystique 1 of 2. It will be costly to buy tho ($1000) but it's all urethane and bolts direfctly up no gapping or anything it looks 100% OEM and it costed me $1750 to get made.

Aaron
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: svt parts - 03/29/05 02:53 PM
Yah man I would be all over that please let me know asap, I PMed you so please get back to me.
© CEG Archives