Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wanabsvt atx mods. - 03/04/05 07:41 PM
I've read the forums,but it's mostly U.S. stuff.Does anyone know of a place that will BULLETPROOF an ATX like "level ten" in the states,here in Alberta or in CANADA for that matter?
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: atx mods. - 03/04/05 11:41 PM
I would get a Transgo Shift Kit, really big tranny cooler, and Amsoil synthetic ATF, maybe an upgraded torque convertor. With this you should be set for the most part depending on your desired power level.

I did this with mine and it shifted like a dream.
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: atx mods. - 03/07/05 05:48 AM
I didnt know there really was a shift kit for these cars, I though it was all through the computer. Cause i would love to look into some of that stuff, i allready have a big cooler that im planning putting in. where would i be able to find one of these transgo kits, and how much would it cost to install.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: atx mods. - 03/07/05 02:34 PM
http://www.txchange.com/transgo.htm

I got mine through my tranny shop that rebuilt my trans. It was done at ProTech which is on Yellowhead and 127th St. Very knowledgable about the CD4E. They did a great job on my Mystique.

costs - ?

I paid about 3 grand, for a full rebuild, shift kit, cooler, new torque convertor with a higher stall speed and all the fixings.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: atx mods. - 03/09/05 04:40 PM
Originally posted by advocate:

I paid about 3 grand, for a full rebuild, shift kit, cooler, new torque convertor with a higher stall speed and all the fixings.

... and i thought i was nuts for spending $4k on LSD, flywheel, clutch, and full rebuild. i can't justify $3k on an atx or as a matter of fact on any 6-10 year old car. i wish i saved my money for a down payment on a new car instead. BUT my priorities have changed in the last year or so "got married and a kid on the way", now i need a reliable automatic 4 door sedan.
Posted By: wanabsvt Re: atx mods. - 03/09/05 07:49 PM
thanks for the thoughts guys.
© CEG Archives