Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Roadwarrior Edmonton Guys - 02/14/05 09:27 PM
I was just wondering if any of the edmonton guys meet up or cruise during the year. Theres a few other groups i hang around with but it would be cool to go cruisin with a bunch of the other contours and mystiques in the city, Plus it would be cool to meet some of the other people who like to play with their cars and have some fun tinkering with them.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/16/05 08:11 PM
not an Edmontonian anymore but if there was any meets I'll come out. I live 2.5 hrs from Edmonton, so will probably make it if on a weekend.
Posted By: SVTake2 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/17/05 01:14 AM
when were you thinking? I would be game for summertime when my swap is done.
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/17/05 04:01 PM
Probably sometimes when it warms up. And i would actually love to take a look at the 3.0L swap cause im planning on eventually getting around to something like that myself. But ya it would probably be more around when the streets dry up and its a bit more bearable to be outside lightly dressed. Plus I need to change my alternator first and I dont feel like crawling around the garage when its cold out.
Posted By: SVTake2 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/18/05 08:16 AM
So by the time you get the alternator done and i get my swap done it should be summer
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/18/05 06:07 PM
Would be nice to have a track day sometime this spring., gather up few contiques and met at the Budweiser Track. Discuss mods, check out each other rides, and if anyone interested hit the track. I really want to see what my car can do in the 1/4 mile against other tours "especially SVTs".
few years back we tried havin a track day but the weather screwed us twice that year, ended up giving up. maybe we can gather up some interest again, so who is up for a meet of some sort?
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/19/05 01:45 AM
I am always up for a track event (work permitting). I'll put my lowly duratec and mtx-75 up against its older brothers. I will get beat but I am only up to race what I think the car can do. 15.8 or better would be great for my current setup to match my last time in my SHO before I sold it (best of 15.3 - stock).

The parents might be getting an LS V8... so I would want to "test" that one out as well.

They also have a 1967 Mercury Meteor Convertible(1 of 985 built) with a 390 V8 that we might want to baseline. My brother sold his budget Malibu that ran consistant low 13's with about 430 hp. Next up is a 66 Chevelle Malibu (once we find one) with a 550-600 HP 454 big block...

Going to be a busy summer!
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/19/05 03:04 AM
Originally posted by SVTake2:
So by the time you get the alternator done and i get my swap done it should be summer

Well im hoping to get my alternator done a little faster than that lol. But ya the track thing would be cool. It would actually be sweet if we could get together maybe 10-15 cars and do a dyno day over at apex modified. Id like to know where i sit with exhaust and see what a chip will do once i have the cash to order it. But it would definately be cool to get as many of the contiques out to see the cars. And im sure somepeople have some ideas on stuff i can do to get mine going a bit faster. STUPID automatic garbage lol. I wish i had the MTX in mine.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/19/05 04:24 PM
Dyno day at Apex would be great! I dyno'ed my SHO there and it let me know just how out of whack it was (which made me sell it).

For the ATX... a superchip is a nice addition as I had it with in my Mystique. I do not think the car had any more power (once I was modified) but it helped out. 1-2 MPG increase and the shift points are mapped much better. It would actually go to the 6950 rpm redline for each shift. You could get the same by manually shifting it though. Really firmed it up especially part throttle shifts.

Best bet with an ATX is to protect the trans, a shift kit and some good synthetic ATF will do wonders especially when mated with a chip.

Racing my ATX at the track never netted good times. I think a 17.2 was my best highway runs are where the car would shine. If you are to run it make sure you have the proper size tires and stock wheels. My 17" Konigs and low profile tires did nothing but hurt times. The car was much much faster with the stock 15" rims and less traction!
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/19/05 06:54 PM
Ya i have a massive tranny cooler i was originally going to use on my old mustang but i sold the car and still have it. So im planning on putting it on the mystique but i want to get the bypass so it only uses the cooler when the tranny warms up. But i was actually looking at ordering a arizona dyno chip custom chip for it. But ya we should put the word out about it and see who would be game for it. Ill help set it up if there is enough interest. I did one last year and we did it as a bbq and everything there. Picked up a couple cases of pop, had a friend bring a bbq, and made a whole day out of it and it turned out really well.
Posted By: 99CSVT#78 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/20/05 01:26 AM
That sounds like a great idea. I also belong to the local SHO club and they have a couple group gatherings and events over the summer. Perhaps a trip to the mountains??
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/21/05 01:29 AM
That would be cool. I sold my mustang a while ago and the mystique doesnt really fit in with the same group of guys. But maybe a dyno day get together with the SHO club? i would love to see that.
Posted By: SVTake2 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/21/05 08:51 AM
Quote:

I also belong to the local SHO club and they have a couple group gatherings and events over the summer. Perhaps a trip to the mountains??

Now that is a good idea. Combine the SHO meets with the contour meets. As long as its cool with the other SHO guys. The more the merrier I think.
Posted By: Roadwarrior Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/22/05 04:18 PM
Id definately be up for a trip out to the mountains. I love going to jasper, and plan to spend a good many weekends camping out there. But ya if the SHO guys would be up for it i would love to have a big meet and see some of their cars as well.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/22/05 06:21 PM
work permitting you can count me in.
construction work doesn't give me a whole lot of time off when the weather is nice. it really sucks because the only days i get off in the summers is when i'm rained out.
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: Edmonton Guys - 02/24/05 08:34 PM
Yah, I'm down, been spending all my spare money on skiing this year, so only major mods I'll be doing is getting my body parts installed. Been skiing every weekend in '05 it's crazy, but I'll be down for any kind of meet.

-JP
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Edmonton Guys - 04/06/05 04:36 PM
this thread has been dead for over a month now, seems like interest in the meet died with it too.
well i'm not going to let this happen. so who is still up for a meet?
I wouldn't mind a little driving if we can get more people out, lets try to centralize where the majority are. any weekends this spring is fine with me.

Posted By: Electric Frost Re: Edmonton Guys - 04/06/05 08:29 PM
Well here's the deal with me.

#1: I just got a new job and will be moving to the US for 8 months.

#2: For my going away we are having a huge party at my house on April 15th. We will have 9 kegs

#3: I leave to the US April 17th for 2 weeks than am back for 1 week. So the only time I got left will be the week I'm back.

#4: Any Contique owners are welcome to come to the party

And in other news I will be fast-tracking the 'stique so the bumper and the skirts should be done the first week of May in time for me to move!
Posted By: wanabsvt Re: Edmonton Guys - 04/08/05 06:47 PM
I'm in.
Posted By: SVTake2 Re: Edmonton Guys - 04/09/05 05:42 AM
I am all over it. I still think a SVT/SHO meet would be awesome. I don't know if there is any SHO club in Edmonton. If anybody knows of one or is a member themselves speak now or forever hold your peace. I don�t' know if you guys are members or have heard of the SVTOA (SVT owners of Alberta) but they are planning a trip to jasper May 7 (date pending). Check out the link below for more info on that. I read the post of the trip they took last year and it looked like a blast! Maybe we can get in on that. Is anybody here a member already? Its the first I've heard of it. I know there are lots of guys with Lightnings and Foci on there, we should get some CEG representation going on lol.

http://www.svtoa.ca/cutecast/cutecast.pl?session=APBpprT3sdV8dd1FfIQyOQNRXf&forum=25&thread=967

If not that just a cruise/hangout would be cool, a track day/dyno day would be even cooler. I think sometime in May would work best, its usually summer tire weather by then and maybe the track will be open to. And speaking for myself that�s when I hope to have my swap done by . Let�s try to get a list of people to go, a date and something to do when we all get there. It�s already into April, let�s get this post rolling again guys!!
© CEG Archives