Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Contour parts - 02/07/05 06:02 PM
does anybody know where i could get good used cheap parts for a conour or mystique 1998 and up, engine or body parts, oh yeah in the Edmonton area of course,
Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: Contour parts - 02/08/05 06:26 PM
Start hitting up junkyards
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Contour parts - 02/09/05 03:19 AM
there are lots of cheap parts at auto wreckers, i always had luck with Ed's Salvage Auto in Westlock (45mins from Edmonton). cheap parts and ready to deliver anywhere as of most wreckers.
no need to be near edmonton unless the parts are pretty big and shipping will outweight the price of the part.
try online...
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Contour parts - 02/09/05 03:20 AM
here is a great site to start: www.car-part.com
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Contour parts - 02/09/05 05:02 PM
thanks but i've looked on car-parts and there not much i can get shipped out, too heavy like rims or too big. but i'll try westlock auto salvage.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: Contour parts - 02/09/05 05:34 PM
try using under western canada in regions.
i just ran a search for rims on a 95 Contour and i got a pretty long list. Lund auto from Edmonton, Aldon Auto village in Lamont, and Forest Lawn parts were on the list with the rest all located in BC and the prairies.
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Contour parts - 02/10/05 04:30 PM
thanks i'll try that
Posted By: SVTake2 Re: Contour parts - 02/17/05 01:13 AM
The least expensive way to ship something big to canada is to have it shipped to a border town (probaly sweetgrass montana for you) and drive down to pick it up. You can have it shipped to the USP supply house and they will store your item there for a month for only $16! You need a recipt for the item and you will have to pay GST when you bring it back over the border, but thats nothing compared to the price in cost to have it shipped into canada. I just did this with my engine and it worked out better than i expected. But im lucky I only live an hour away from the border, Edmonton would be a bit more of a drive lol. PM me if you have questions
Posted By: paul martin_dup1 Re: Contour parts - 02/17/05 03:09 AM
cool thanks for the info
© CEG Archives