Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
just wondering who still frequents this forum, man its dead here in the west.
seems like there only 2 of us left.
TWO I think thats a bit of an........wait a second......I think your correct!
Do you think its .....Aliens??????
or maybe.......
their key boards Froze up...literally.
I'm stil kicking around. Don't post much though. I do not have my Mystique anymore, the SHO is gone as well... But I do have a Duratec and an MTX-75

Hey I frequent that area, but no one responds
Yeah, we suck
i guess few of us are still kicking around.
And we all suck. I just post in the SEMI forum now... I'd rather live there.
I thought prairie folks don't call then SEMI's, that's city talk? I was given the impression you just call then Trucks or Big Rigs and wouldn't be caught calling them a "SEMI"
I've always called them Semis. I don't know who you were talking to, but I don't know anyone locally that calls a semi a big rig or a truck, and I know alot of truck drivers (In Saskatchewan, if you don't get a university degree, you probably are a truck driver by age 22)
Looks like most of us are still around but noone is posting in this forum.
Well whats everyone upto? mods considering or in the process, repairs... Anyone got a hookup or knows of a good deal on anything for our cars.
I'd hate to admit that i might be done modding my car unless i get my bumper from Micah. It feels like getting ripped off too many times tryin to get a bodykit for my car took all enthusiam to keep me going "first Kaotic, and now Micah". Even if i get the bumper most likely i will sell it.
This could be another reason why i dont post in here as much anymore, no desire to mod. AND the first reason would be "I'm trying to spend all of my spare time with my beautiful wife", except for when i'm stuck at work for an instance right now.
By the time you get your bumper your Tour will be 20 years old. Alot of the people in those kit group buys drive WRXes. lexuses, or Acuras by now. Group buys suck.
i'd post here, but i live 1200 miles away and hate you floppy headed bastards.
I have been breaking in my Fukus for the past while.
Car has almost 5000Km on it now.
Switching to Amsoil engine oil and trans oil.

I've installed a Marcy Motorsport cold air intake (made a huge difference). Just recently I ordered a Short throw shifter from the same company.

I also have a Carbon Fibre dash kit installed from wooddash.com

The car has been tinted, debadged and has a new Compustar 2 way alarm/starter.

Weight is 2750 Lbs, from my calculations I have about the same power to weight ratio as my SHO. The car feels pretty strong currently but keep in mind my SHO was in poor condition and down a good 20 HP. I was only able to pull a 15.8 in the 1/4 this last year with the SHO. I am hoping for the same for the Fukus this year.

The kicker is that I get about 29-32 MPG in the city with lots of idle time and it's on regular fuel!

That's all that I have been up to.
Up here we'all jist callem 'Trucks', this is a logging community, so it is assumed one drives a logging truck(5th Wheel, semi). When one says they saw a truck, everyone think 5th wheel, semi. To talk about, say a dump truck or delivery van, one would say, "Take the straight truck". Straight truck refers to the lack of trailer(s).
To Honkytonk Monkey
You should see the stuff coming up from the US, heading to Alaska. Low profile tires on Aluminum rims, oh hell, Aluminum trailers. Get out that tube of Solval Autosol and spend a week polishing after coming though Sunny BC.
Crazy, we have the entire population of Western Canada all on this forum.
Originally posted by dnewma04:
Crazy, we have the entire population of Western Canada all on this forum.

yes, i think you are correct. and luke is their dicktater.
No, none of the mooses are posting, they try to type but thier 1200lbs keep crushing the keyboards. We are having our military, which consosts of a single parapalegic autistic narcoleptic, developping the mooseboard. Originally we were going to have him repair our submarine fleet at west edmonton mall, but realised that they can't leave the mall, so unless another country ships it's subs to the mall they will never see combat. That and they ride on a rail system, and once placed in real ocean water, they would likely crush at a depth of 40 feet... Canada sucks...
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
No, none of the mooses are posting, they try to type but thier 1200lbs keep crushing the keyboards. We are having our military, which consosts of a single parapalegic autistic narcoleptic, developping the mooseboard. Originally we were going to have him repair out submarine fleet at west edmonton mall, but realised that they can't leave the mall, so unless another country ship it's subs to the mall they will never see combat. That and they ride on a rail system, and one placed in real ocean water, they would likely crush at a depth of 40 feet...

wtf.. are you drunk? eh?
yes, this is Canada, getting drunk/sleeping with strangers are our two main passtimes!
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
No, none of the mooses are posting, they try to type but thier 1200lbs keep crushing the keyboards. We are having our military, which consosts of a single parapalegic autistic narcoleptic, developping the mooseboard. Originally we were going to have him repair our submarine fleet at west edmonton mall, but realised that they can't leave the mall, so unless another country ships it's subs to the mall they will never see combat. That and they ride on a rail system, and once placed in real ocean water, they would likely crush at a depth of 40 feet... Canada sucks...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Canada would have better ship success with this beastie

Another Western Canadian member here...
Welcome to CEG. Have a Timmy's and stay a while
Welcome!
I hope you enjoy the site. we are certainly glad to have another member here in the west.
Welcome, NOW STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY OLD LADY YOU BASTARD!

I like chicken testicles with gravy...
Don't count me out-I'm not dead yet,just waiting to take the 'tour out of the garage when all the snow is gone
and the gravel is off the road. Right now I'm relishing in going outside to shovel that 15cm+ of snow that
we got last nite....
Just drive back and forth over it until it's all flattened, then pour some sand on it so the milkman doesn't slip when he comes by to "visit" with your old lady
Im kinda a lurker in here myself. The alternator is on its way out right now so im trying to get the motivation to attempt to fix it. Also looking at a custom chip from arizona dyno chips. I hope spring comes soon cause i wanna get this thing out and rip around some corners here in edmonton.
Originally posted by Roadwarrior:
Im kinda a lurker in here myself. The alternator is on its way out right now so im trying to get the motivation to attempt to fix it. Also looking at a custom chip from arizona dyno chips. I hope spring comes soon cause i wanna get this thing out and rip around some corners here in edmonton.

When removing your alternator....remember to remove your oil filter first.....

p.s. UDP & ODP installed - Oh ya....
Ummmm.......Yaaaaaa
Although the car could probably use an oil change. But ya its gonna be a while till I get a huge amount done on the car. Being a student has kinda killed all my funds so I dont have much cash for the fun stuff right now.

In the spring do any of the edmonton guys take the cars out anywheres special or anything like that. I dont think it would really fit in with the V8less guys.

And has anyone seen a 2.5 at a local wrecker? I wanna pull a few things off of one and try and smooth out and paint the intake.
good luck finding one in a salvage yard, i've been looking for some too, but none to be available to use self serve people. but if i come acrose one i'll let you know, hope you do the same. see ya
Originally posted by paul martin:
good luck finding one in a salvage yard, i've been looking for some too, but none to be available to use self serve people. but if i come acrose one i'll let you know, hope you do the same. see ya

Its nice to see the Prime Minister on CEG........
hehe yeah, sorry but thats my real name
Hey all. New to the contour scene.... well kinda. I just picked up a 98 SVT this october with a blown engine and Im in the middle of a 3L swap right now. This is my second SVT, the first was a very nice (and running) silver 98 that i had to sell to buy a house a few years ago. Once you have the bug for these cars it sticks. Also a former SHO owner with much love for them as well. Im glad to see im not the only crazy one. How many times has somebody asked you what kind of car you have and when you say contour SVT or a Taurus SHO they look at you like you were speaking chineese? Ive got some 2.5 parts that will be left over from the swap if you guys are interested let me know.
would you have any body parts as well.
Id be curious what 2.5L parts you have, Im looking for an upper intake and even the newer lower with the bigger secondaries would be cool. But ya just let me know what you have and Ill see what i want.

PS also kinda looking for valve covers
Hello all you Western folks.

Been busy, chillin' and lurkin'.

Anyone know of any good wrecker yards in Edmonton or area that have 1996 +/- Contour parts?

Stephen
no luck yet, i've been to a few places and there was a 97 contour once but not anymore and seen none since then, it kinda sucks, but i've always got a eye open for contours or mystique.
Originally posted by paul martin:
no luck yet, i've been to a few places and there was a 97 contour once but not anymore and seen none since then, it kinda sucks, but i've always got a eye open for contours or mystique.

Thats the problem with these cars......they just don't break fast enough......
I'm here in Edmonton.
blue 98 SE ATX.
I was just in edmonton for my 19 year old cousin's funeral. He and his best friend were killed in a head on collision headed back from Grand Prairie where the twin highway merges.

Didn't really think to look anyone up
My condolances. Too young!
My condolences as well.

I know all too well about losing those close to you from a car accident. I was almost one of those people 2 weeks after my cousin died (in a head on highway collision). I had an accident that looked much worst then my cousins.

My condolences go out to his family.
Its so sad to hear of anyone going so young.
Hey everybody,

I'm around usually at the very least once a week. Live in Edmonton just off Whyte Ave, and if someone ever wants to step up and organize an Edmonton meet I'll be there for sure.

© CEG Archives