Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Spring Zing? When is it? I've got so much work to do to my car before hand...
Originally posted by Trapps:

Doh!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 06/17/04 10:50 PM

Ouch!
PM Rara. He's the one handling it.

DRUGS!
I actually forgot about them, oh well, life goes on
Long Story guys, I still don't have artwork . . .

there are those that wish to not do the shirts, and either donate the excess funds to CEG for operating costs, or return them to people that paid for SZ.

I don't really care, I just need someone to make a decision so I can either make the shirts or forget about it.
Posted By: m!key Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 06/23/04 12:26 PM
still dont have the artwork? i sent that to you months ago. i sent you a PM a few days ago about getting these made but i havent heard from you on that either. lets get some t-shirts made because that is what we paid for.
Who doesn't want to do the shirts? I'll make the decision. Make the shirts. Mikey and I got you art. If you don't like it then get someone else to do it and get them made. Why does everything have to be an ordeal?
I already told you guys like four times, the art you supplied doesn't work on a single color screen print.

I'm working on it, I'll keep everyone posted.
Then I supplied the front end graphic and the SZ04 logo to go on.
you supplied a picture of a t-shirt with stuff drawn on it. Not exactly something I can use for printing. We went over this a lot of times before SZ, I don't want to get into it again.
Posted By: m!key Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 06/23/04 10:16 PM
rara, i will email you the file again of the car that is one color only. i did it a long time ago because i knew that the one that was used for the website etc. was more than one color. i dont know if it was you that i sent it to or someone else along the way. does that sound good? what format do you want the file in? lets get these shirts made and out to everyone.
you did send that one to me, and we discussed the fact that it still isn't good for a single color screen print because of the shading.

I got the art covered, I'll have it early next week now.
When in the HELL did all this crap start...? The money should have been set aside for the shirts, has it not?? If not, somebody owes people an explaination... You should cover costs of SZ before donating to the boards. Get the shirts done, someone give Rara the money from the SZ funds so he can produce the shirts, and call it good. Is it that hard?!?!

From the looks of it, people are not sending me vids either, so from the looks of it... there might not be a SZ2004 video... unless some start showing up.
Simmer down. Steve you are very far out of the loop man. It is handled. You just deal with vids on how you see fit.
Originally posted by xchang:
When in the HELL did all this crap start...? The money should have been set aside for the shirts, has it not?? If not, somebody owes people an explaination... You should cover costs of SZ before donating to the boards. Get the shirts done, someone give Rara the money from the SZ funds so he can produce the shirts, and call it good. Is it that hard?!?!

From the looks of it, people are not sending me vids either, so from the looks of it... there might not be a SZ2004 video... unless some start showing up.

The Money is set aside and has been for quite some time. I was asked recently about it and I was the one who suggested offering a refund or giving them the option to donate the money to the CEG. The T-shirts will be made... chill out.
-mark
Well considering I never showed up I guess you can donate my $$ to CEG. No need for a SZ shirt I already have a CEG shirt I have never worn once
OK, I must have missed something earlier... I'm chill.

I thought there was something deeper that I didn't know about. As far as the video... It all depends on the tapes I get... So far nata. I'll keep the offer open till my baby is born in Oct before I throw in the towel. You gotta know, priorities...hehe.
Posted By: ElKy Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 06/26/04 03:05 AM
ok ok steve stop whipping me!
i will send the tape
keep forgetting to ...ya know been busy buying a house
hehe

Find me on AIM, I can give you my pics....really sorry it took so long. -defcon7-AIM
Can I get mine in a small?
Posted By: m!key Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/12/04 09:51 PM
medium?
Posted By: ElKy Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/12/04 10:06 PM
2 mediums....one for me and one for the chick.
I want XS so I can wear it as a 1/2 shirt.
Posted By: m!key Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/13/04 09:08 PM
naaaaaaaaaaaasty belly hair! <----barf not drool.
Originally posted by ToddtheJERK:
I want XS so I can wear it as a 1/2 shirt.

... because only the sweet one can...

You better know my size... XXL.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/16/04 03:50 AM
XXL for me and M for Kim.
Damn gonna need an XXL
XXL for me. Do we have an ETA for these yet?
1x XL and 1x L please.
1 XL, 1 Large
Posted By: Stazi Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/16/04 03:20 PM
XL for me!
Posted By: ElKy Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/16/04 04:26 PM
hmm..might wanna change mine to a medium and a large
Originally posted by ElKy:
hmm..might wanna change mine to a medium and a large

[sandler] fattymcgee, you're the fattest [/sandler]
Elky's phat with a ph.
I'll post some more info over the weekend on ETA and how to purchase extras, etc. . .

Brian
Posted By: ElKy Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/16/04 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ToddtheJERK:
Elky's phat with a ph.

WOW! was that a possitive comment typed by todd?

were you cringing the whole time you typed that?
haha
j/k

your not too shabby yourself todd.
L for me, no more XL thank God ...thanks Metabolift , well the old stuff anyways with Afedra, now its Dr.Atkins and his knowledge! You don't want to end up like the 40/50/60 year old guys at the car show with a spare tire, full size at that
Medium plz
Medium for me, although shouldnt all the size information have already been obtained on the registration page?
Posted By: janostak Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 07/18/04 09:15 PM
I need a large, please!
Ok here's the deal. The shirts wil be made for sure.
I do have sizes for everyone, but I will need to verify them. I will also need mailing addresses for everyone listed as having paid for shirts, obviously, for the purposes of mailing the shirts out when they are ready.

Once I have addresses and sizes verified from those that have paid (registrants for SZ) I will be taking orders for extras ONE TIME ONLY. I blieve I will be able to do extras for $12 each including shipping, but that is subject to confirmation.

If you know you have paid already, feel free to PM or email me w/ your mailing address, be sure to include both your CEG name, and the name you used when registering.

And Brad, call me! we need to get the cash transferred so I can pay for the shirts! lol.

Apologies for the massive delays. Just bear with me and everyone will get thier shirts.
Can I still get a shirt even though I never made it to SZ? I paid for everything ..
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Can I still get a shirt even though I never made it to SZ? I paid for everything ..

If you are on the registered/paid list, then yes, you are on the list to recieve a shirt. PM or email me w/ your mailing address and whatever name you registered under.

Just an FYI for everyone, I am still gathering addresses, etc. to mail out the shirts. Brad Noon and I are working out the details to get the money allocated for the shirts to me so I can place the order for the shirts. Once everything is in place, and the order goes in, it will be ~2 weeks before they are ready, and in the mail. I will keep everyone updated.

Send me your addresses!!!!! I need to have them if you paid already.
Guys, I haven't forgotten about the T-shirts . . .
Still gathering mailing addresses so we can get them all out, and waiting on Brad to send me the cash set aside for the order . . .

I will be busy until next week w/ the Grand Am racing, so nothing much will be happening until next week anyway . . .

Sorry its not a more exciting update, BUT GET ME ALL THOSE ADDRESSES OR YOU WON'T GET YOUR SHIRT!
whats the word on this?
The short version is, I'm still waiting on Mr. Noon w/ the cash so I can place the order . . .
Posted By: Davo Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 08/17/04 07:40 PM
Maybe Kaotic has the money, and signed the requests for T-shirts over to....ahhhh [censored], we're never getting our T-shirts!!!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 08/18/04 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Rara:
The short version is, I'm still waiting on Mr. Noon w/ the cash so I can place the order . . .

I sent you a PM with address and sizes?
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 08/18/04 12:56 AM
I also sent u a pm with address, size, name, and ceg name..... This should be #1 priority for the money holder! Who can I b!tch at to get this?
They all get ordered at the same time. I'm waiting on bnoon to send me the check that was set aside from the SZ funds for the shirts.
They all get ordered at the same time. I'm waiting on bnoon to send me the check that was set aside from the SZ funds for the shirts.

Oh my goodness... I forgot all about this, I've been traveling so much with work. The last email I had from you Rara was 7/27 with your address in it for me to send the check to. All I needed was a couple of days for the funds to clear... no reminder. I guess you really weren't kidding when you said you weren't in a hurry, LOL! The funds are in my checking account and I will send the check to you A.S.A.P. Sorry guys!
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
I also sent u a pm with address, size, name, and ceg name..... This should be #1 priority for the money holder! Who can I b!tch at to get this?

Yeah, well I have moved out of the country so someones gonna have to send pretty far.
Originally posted by bnoon:

Oh my goodness... I forgot all about this, I've been traveling so much with work. The last email I had from you Rara was 7/27 with your address in it for me to send the check to. All I needed was a couple of days for the funds to clear... no reminder. I guess you really weren't kidding when you said you weren't in a hurry, LOL! The funds are in my checking account and I will send the check to you A.S.A.P. Sorry guys!

No worries, between racing, working and being sick, I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere with it anyway . . .

As for the guy in Austria, I guess I'll just hang on to your shirt until you can give me a US address to send it to . . .
Originally posted by Davo:
Maybe Kaotic has the money, and signed the requests for T-shirts over to....ahhhh [censored], we're never getting our T-shirts!!!

LMAO!
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 08/24/04 10:16 PM
This better not be a joke!
NO joke Joe....as the CEG turns
The money was sent out this weekend. You will get your shirts.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 08/27/04 10:44 PM
hurray!
money showed up yesterday here. I just need to sort through all the names and addresses I now have and make sure I've got them all. Plus I'll give an opportunity to those that wish to buy extras . . . expect a post about that early next week.

Shirts should be in people's hands in a couple weeks.

Good thing I happened throughh, then, hm? I paid for the shirt, registered and showed up for SZ, but according to what I'm hearing here, had I not happened to check the forums here I wouldn't have gotten a shirt.

Is that really a good plan? I can't imagine I'm the only one who paid for and went to Spring Zing that doesn't visit the forums. How are we to know what you need from us so that we can get our shirts?

Zenboy,

I have a list of those that paid, but I do not have contact info for any of them. I have requested mailing addresses for all those people. I will be comparing the list of recieved mailing addresses to the list of paid SZ attendees, if I am missing any addresses, I will make every effort to locate those people, somebody here must know them . . . or they wouldn't have ended up at SZ.

Unfortunately, I couldn't access CEG from home all weekend, otherwise i would have the compilation done already.
Posted By: janostak Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 08/31/04 03:04 AM
Thanks for keeping on this Rara, I can't wait to get the shirt!
Mike... blame me for not mentioning it... I forgot to mention it when I gave Brian my info...
Please see this post for new info:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=announce&Number=702026&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
read the above posted thread again for the names of the delinquents that are holding up shirt production!!!!!
Please update the list, Slaker Admin.

lol, I haven't updated since the other day because, well, I've been busy, lol.

Like this afternoon, I spent an hour and a half shoveling water away from my garage door so it wouldn't flood again while I had all my stuff out on the floor . . . (was cleaning things up)

I'll have the list updated tonight sometime.
I think I'll be framing my shirt since its going to be a collectors item and all
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
I think I'll be framing my shirt since its going to be a collectors item and all

why? because it will all be spelled correctly
Ok, the list has been updated. I need some help guys getting these last few addresses together. If you know any of these guys, bug them to respond.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=announce&Number=702026&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

As an incentive, when I get them all, I'll post the artwork for the shirts (thanks Worldtour )
Quote:

why? because it will all be spelled correctly

No, just that its the last one (SZ), thats why
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:

No, just that its the last one (SZ), thats why

Hey thats not official.
I've bugged a couple from the list that I know for sure are New Englanders. I noticed one of them has since been removed from the list.

here's another address for you for 1BADTOUR:

Adam Prewett
211 Church Drive
Tecumseh, OK 74873

I got the information from his elglow gauge group buy thread.
here
It would sure be nice if some slacker admin guy would post up some pics of what the shirts are going to look like.
-Mark
Hey, I resemble that remark!

the list of remaining address deadbeats has been updated. Please hurry so I can get these things in production, and so I can post Mark's artwork before he gets his panties in a bunch :D

the list of remaining address deadbeats has been updated. Please hurry so I can get these things in production, and so I can post Mark's artwork before he gets his panties in a bunch :D

They weren't already?

They weren't already?

I subscribe wholly to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy in this matter.
Posted By: Davo Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 09/08/04 06:08 PM
They better look better than those pieces of [censored] Milan almost made. Well, I guess that wouldn't be saying much...
Posted By: Airforce Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 09/08/04 09:01 PM
hey now I don't see you trying to make any shirts...

just a thought. not trying to start anything here Davo.
Posted By: Davo Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 09/09/04 03:20 AM
Notice how I'm also not saying I'm making shirts or accepting payments for them or accepting sponsorship money for them.
Posted By: Airforce Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 09/09/04 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Airforce:
hey now I don't see you trying to make any shirts...

just a thought. not trying to start anything here Davo.

umm... read the bold print
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 09/11/04 12:44 PM
Relax davo! Hows Nebraska?
Posted By: janostak Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 10/02/04 03:11 AM
Can I ask if the shirts have been made yet?
Yes, you can. I too would like an update Mr. Rara.
Sorry guys, I've been caught up in the racing stuff as of late, in fact I'm in Virginia right now, both of our cars got recked and one blew a motor yesterday, and we have to race on saturday in Alabama . . .

I'll have an update when I get back, sorry for the delays guys, it is now 100% my fault they keep getting delayed. . .
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 10/13/04 01:09 AM
ANY UPDATES. Should I just forget about getting a shirt.
Still recovering from tough couple of races . . . I'll have an update by this weekend about when to expect shirts to arrive.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 10/16/04 12:31 PM
Yah, sooner the better.....
Well, I was hoping to have a little more to say today, but the shirt order is in, and they should be printed next week, barring any unforseen issues. And should be mailed shortly after that. I will post updates as soon as anyhting happens . . .
Well, I was hoping to have a little more to say today, but the shirt order is in, and they should be printed next week, barring any unforseen issues. And should be mailed shortly after that. I will post updates as soon as anyhting happens . . .

What are they gonna look like, any pics?
lol, ok, I hear ya I hear ya, I'll post pics tonight of the art that Worldtour so graciously put together for us.
ok, finally, I've got the art pics hosted . . .

Front:

And Back:
Posted By: m!key Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 10/25/04 04:11 AM
yeah
"Coming in time for SZ 05!"
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Hey, it takes time to make sure everything is spelled right

fwiw, the shirts are made, and will likely be shipping early this week. I'll see if I can get some pics of the finished product for you guys.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/01/04 02:23 PM

fwiw, the shirts are made, and will likely be shipping early this week. I'll see if I can get some pics of the finished product for you guys.

Sounds good....I don't care when we get them.....as long as we get them.
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

I kinda do because I can't go to SZ, hector pick mine up then!
Posted By: Stazi Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/02/04 12:19 AM
Looks good, just hope I get mine by retirement!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/02/04 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:

Rara....just send Sean's shirt to the address I gave you for my Gfs and my shirts.

Sean I will get you your shirt in Dec. when you come in.
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:

Rara....just send Sean's shirt to the address I gave you for my Gfs and my shirts.

Sean I will get you your shirt in Dec. when you come in.

Sweet! I will be there! I wasn't going to before, but the shirt is alone enough Thanks dude!
hey guys, shirts were hung up for a day or two because they were in the warehouse at my Dad's company in CA, and they were in process of doing inventory . . .

Anyway, I should have pics of the actual shirts in the next day or two, and they should be getting mailed out in the same time frame . . .

Thanks for everyone's patience!
woo-woo!
Posted By: Stazi Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/10/04 09:21 PM
Weekly bitchin' time.....sooooo where the frig are they?
Posted By: BenS Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/16/04 09:27 AM
Man, I missed this.....ah crap!!!!
Some of the shirts were mailed yesterday, and the rest should go today. They are being mailed from Global Docugraphics in CA (company my dad works for).

Apologies for the additional delays, the shirts have been sitting in the warehouse there for at least a week because they showed up right when they were starting inventory

People should start to see shirts in thier possession before the end of the week.
Posted By: BenS Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/16/04 08:28 PM
If you could, can you tell me if there are any leftover shirts available?
there should be, but, I'll let you know, since I just found I may have screwed up the size counts, grrrr

People may get one size larger than they asked for
No good misspelling larger shirt sizing biznatch.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/16/04 09:56 PM
Originally posted by todras:
No good misspelling larger shirt sizing biznatch.

Could you throw a comma in your sentence so it makes sense?

Mark

I have a suggestion.

In the future, why don't we have "With T-shirt" and "Without T-shirt" options for people going to Spring Zing?

I understand that there have been a number of complications, and this isn't a gripe about that. I do, however, think that there's a reasonable expectation of some timeliness regarding any t-shirts relating to the event. I also think that I have enough t-shirts, and I don't need one to remember an event by.

I paid for my t-shirt, so I expect to get it, but next time I'd rather go, not pay for the t-shirt, and not get one.

A thought, anyway.
Originally posted by zenboy:

I have a suggestion.

In the future, why don't we have "With T-shirt" and "Without T-shirt" options for people going to Spring Zing?

I understand that there have been a number of complications, and this isn't a gripe about that. I do, however, think that there's a reasonable expectation of some timeliness regarding any t-shirts relating to the event. I also think that I have enough t-shirts, and I don't need one to remember an event by.

I paid for my t-shirt, so I expect to get it, but next time I'd rather go, not pay for the t-shirt, and not get one.

A thought, anyway.

I should be irritated by the timeliness comment, but really I have no grounds to be, because, by all rights the shirts should have been there for the event. I take full responsibility for the fact that they are 7 months late. Some of the problems I did have control over, and some I didn't, but, next time, they won't be late.

As far as whether the shirt is included or not, will be up to the event organizers . . .
Posted By: Barge Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/17/04 11:27 PM
Slacker
I should be irritated by the timeliness comment, but really I have no grounds to be, because, by all rights the shirts should have been there for the event. I take full responsibility for the fact that they are 7 months late. Some of the problems I did have control over, and some I didn't, but, next time, they won't be late.

As far as whether the shirt is included or not, will be up to the event organizers . . .

Hey, no offense meant, and it's nothing personal. I've talked with you in person (though it's been years), and I think you're a helluva guy. The current situation is what it is, and what's happened has happened. I'm just making a suggestion for future events, that's all.
My shirts arrived today. They look great. Thanks Rara
Shirts arrived today - now to send them to Iraq...
Got mine on Saturday. Thanks Rara!
Shirts look awesome! Thanks Brian!
I'm happy we are finally getting this over with

If anyone has any issues with thier shirts, please let me know ASAP or I may not be able to help. Note that some people will have gotten a size larger than they requested, this was my fault, unfortunately, there isn't really anything I can do for those sorry.
Posted By: Airforce Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/22/04 09:43 PM
I got mine today. One size to big but I will deal with it. Thanks for getting these made!!
Got mine today too! They look great! Thanks again.
Posted By: janostak Re: So when are we getting our SZ t shirts? - 11/22/04 10:07 PM
Thanks Rara, mine also arrived today. My only question is am I going to have to buy a 98+ Tour so my car will match my shirt??
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/22/04 10:38 PM
Thanks for all the work. I thought Mark was doing something cool.

Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/22/04 11:23 PM
got my shirt today too Thanks
Posted By: m!key Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/22/04 11:24 PM
where is mine?

EDIT: mine just arrived thanks.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 12:04 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
where is mine?

Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 12:16 AM
they got mailed over a period of two days, so, a few people on the east coast may have to wait another day or two before they arrive.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 12:17 AM
Thanks for all the work. I thought Mark was doing something cool.

Well, we were going to do something elaborate, but we decided we had better not because somehow I'd mis-spell it . . .
Posted By: m!key Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 12:41 AM
i still am unclear as to why the original design wasnt used.

i guess it is close but the location, website, and other info is left off.
Posted By: Davo Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 02:22 AM
I'd also like to know the answer to Mike's question. I normally wouldn't complain, but it seems a much better alternative was readily available. If all of my t-shirts were dirty and I had absolutely nothing to wear, and I wore this shirt, I'd be more inclined to tell people I found that shirt than to tell them what it's from. I wouldn't want to give anyone a bad impression of CEG.

I appreciate the effort put into organizing every aspect of Spring Zing, so I'm a little hesitant to criticize. But I think it is justified given the options that were available. If there is a good reason, great. But that's not the impression I've gotten from the people involved.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 02:29 AM
I guess we'll have to do the SZ '05 shirts right. We'll we already have the design. LOL! Just need to correct the shading that was supposedly the issue isn't any big deal. If Jim wants, Mike and I will head this one up. I'll be in charge of submitting the design, ordering them and bringing them to the location. They will be ready to distribute on opening day as well. NO excuses. I'm not bashing. Rara's dad was a hook up but it seems like B's schedule was a little too hectic this year. When ppl pay $ they should get the shirts as promised. Not 6 months after the event. It's done and over so we have plenty of time to move and make next year smooth.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 02:34 AM
Got mine as well, Thanks B.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 02:54 AM
I'd also like to know the answer to Mike's question. I normally wouldn't complain, but it seems a much better alternative was readily available.

Because, honestly, the pic of the car in Mike's design would look like absolute ass when screen printed in single color because of the shading.

We went around and around several times on the art between myself, Todd, and Mike, and when it never got resolved, I went to Mark (WorldTour) who did the art for the 03 shirts. I honestly thought we were still going to use the SZ04 side from Mikey's image, but Mark did his own, and I didn't think about it.

When we missed making SZ with the shirts in the first place, and then the art issues continued to drag on, the motivation just wasn't there, and it was easy to keep my energy on the racing this year.

I'm not trying to make excuses, the shirts were late, and its my fault.

And Davo, if you are so ashamed of the shirt that you refuse to wear it, send it back to me and I will refund that portion of the SZ fees. I don't want any whiny little [censored] wearing them.
Posted By: m!key Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 04:09 AM
I don't want any whiny little [censored] wearing them.

that statement was uncalled for and you should appologize to davo. we dont need name calling.

the whole reason that there was a SZ pannel was to resolve this stuff before hand and to have it all ready for the meet. i have an email saved that i sent to you on 2/20/04 where i corrected the problem and sent you the file.

well, all of this aside i got a shirt finally and would hope that i could lend a hand for the next SZ if they want my help.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 04:17 AM
they got mailed over a period of two days, so, a few people on the east coast may have to wait another day or two before they arrive.

good to know, thanks, I will keep an eye out for it over the next few days

I've had some mail get lost before and take a longer then normal time to get to me so I like keeping track of what I have being shipped to me
Posted By: Davo Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 05:09 AM
I didn't intend to come off as a whiny [censored]. In fact, I said I am hesitant to criticize and that I appreciate the work all have done. That being said, the point I was trying to make is that CEG is better than the shirts show. There is a wealth of talent and resources available in this community. My complaint is that that was not taken to full advantage. If you wanted to work on your racing team instead of make t-shirts, then you shouldn't have taken on the responsibility. I know you're not making excuses, blah blah blah, but that's what it sounds like to me.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 06:24 AM
I guess we'll have to do the SZ '05 shirts right. We'll we already have the design. LOL! Just need to correct the shading that was supposedly the issue isn't any big deal. If Jim wants, Mike and I will head this one up. I'll be in charge of submitting the design, ordering them and bringing them to the location. They will be ready to distribute on opening day as well. NO excuses. I'm not bashing. Rara's dad was a hook up but it seems like B's schedule was a little too hectic this year. When ppl pay $ they should get the shirts as promised. Not 6 months after the event. It's done and over so we have plenty of time to move and make next year smooth.

I just resently started offering screenprinting services at my shop
Average turn around time 2 weeks

Oh...and the shirts look awesome rara. hope to get mine tommorrow
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 01:43 PM
Jeez... Let it rest!

If you didn't like this years shirt, step up and put in your time into next years. Step up to the plate and do something, not complaining on the sidelines.

Since we are on the subject of complaints, where the hell did all the tapes and pics go that people promised to send? Hmmm... no one explaining that one?

We'll even see if there is a SZ05 vid. Hopefully people send them then. If not, then more time to me and my kid.

Sincerely,

Steve
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 01:45 PM

Mike,
The artwork provided wasn't vector based and that causes many problems when you're trying to screen print. Brian provided me w/ the original images which I had problems trying to convert to vector base so I basically had to scrap it last minute and do something else. I tried to keep the original idea intact, but admittedly took some creative liberties.

If this has offended anyone I do apologize, but it honestly came down to I had only a few hours to do it and get the file on the way to the printer.
-Mark
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 02:14 PM
I didn't intend to come off as a whiny [censored]. In fact, I said I am hesitant to criticize and that I appreciate the work all have done. That being said, the point I was trying to make is that CEG is better than the shirts show. There is a wealth of talent and resources available in this community. My complaint is that that was not taken to full advantage. If you wanted to work on your racing team instead of make t-shirts, then you shouldn't have taken on the responsibility. I know you're not making excuses, blah blah blah, but that's what it sounds like to me.

So, what exactly about them do you not like? Is it the artwork? Is it the quality of the shirt? the quality of the screen printing? If it is the artwork, its all subjective, you can talk to Worldtour about that.

Personally, I liked both versions of the artwork but the one we used just worked 1000X better for screen printing. While I don't think the visual aspect of what we used is perfect for screen printing, Mikey's art would have just looked like a big pile of mud when screen printed, which is unfortunate.

In regards to taking full advantage of CEG resources, I tried to do that this time, I really did. This is the THIRD year in a row I have done the Spring Zing shirts, and the first two times, I didn't try to make a committee to do it, I just got them done and had no issues at all. When I tried to "take advantage of the community" I ended up with some very good looking art that was effectively useless for the purpose of screen printing t-shirts.

Missing the deadline for SZ had nothing to do with racing, but delays after it did.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:

Mike,
The artwork provided wasn't vector based and that causes many problems when you're trying to screen print. Brian provided me w/ the original images which I had problems trying to convert to vector base so I basically had to scrap it last minute and do something else. I tried to keep the original idea intact, but admittedly took some creative liberties.

If this has offended anyone I do apologize, but it honestly came down to I had only a few hours to do it and get the file on the way to the printer.
-Mark

I can vouch for the problems trying to convert that image to vector. I tried using that image for the banner but it just wouldnt work, at least not with out ALOT of work and time.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/23/04 07:31 PM
I like the shirts. Nice and simple, not to much going. I don't need the Contour.org on there, I already now how to get to the site
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/24/04 12:20 AM

Since we are on the subject of complaints, where the hell did all the tapes and pics go that people promised to send? Hmmm... no one explaining that one?

I would just like to say I did post my vids, but I would also like to know. I don't even live in the US anymore and I prolly won't be able to go to another SZ, I am really disappointed now.
Posted By: ElKy Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/24/04 12:27 AM
i have to appologize for not sending steve my video.
but i bought a house right after SZ and things got hectic.
all my video had was some footage of Rick and Stazis cars.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/24/04 05:41 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
i have to appologize for not sending steve my video.
but i bought a house right after SZ and things got hectic.
all my video had was some footage of Rick and Stazis cars.

Well then how about everyone post their videos? Atleast we can have something from then. Perhaps someone can just throw them together, no extra time needed, just compile them into one video?
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/24/04 04:01 PM
No problems, Elky. We had talked about it so it wasn't directed at you. And for Wein_Sean. Get a hold of me. If you are interested, I can get you some DVDs. We'll work out shipping some out, if don't have them already. It is unfortunate you can't make it to another SZ.

Main reason I asked for vids was to get the highest quality vid for a DVD, but if people want mpg quality, it is there choice. My PC now has over 450 GB availble to use for video games now... LOL!

I'm talking about people that posted in my thread that I had a while back that they will send it, and never to hear from them again.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/26/04 03:34 AM
The quality of the shirts and the screen printing is fine. I have a question - when was this last minute 'creative liberty under a time constraint?"

here or in a PM, i'd like to know.

Thanks,

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/26/04 06:06 AM
I love mine!! Looks great and yeah, haven't posted in this thread in a LONG time. Great work! SZ 05 may not be a possibility for me. We'll see fellas.

BTW Mark...love the sig!

B!tch
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: SZ t shirts pics - 11/28/04 12:35 AM
The quality of the shirts and the screen printing is fine. I have a question - when was this last minute 'creative liberty under a time constraint?"

here or in a PM, i'd like to know.

I was given the artwork from Mikey boy by Rara on a Monday and it needed to be emailed to his dad by Weds morning (I don't recall the exact dates.) When Mike's artwork couldn't be converted to a printable vector based image I used a contour image that I had created previously to save time and then I placed it over SZ04 instead of next to it because it simply made better use of the printable space.
-Mark
© CEG Archives