Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Home! - 05/25/04 02:07 AM
Well, I can safely say I had a blast and made it there and back in one piece. For those of you familiar with my SVT, Ohio has been where I have broken down. Not this time! I'll see if I can get what little pix I took online and go about getting some of the video up as well. Also, whoever took video, and doesn't mind sending their tapes, please do! Send them to Steve so he can make a kick ass SZ04 video for all of us.

Again, thanks!

p.s. My highest MPG was 26.8, cruise set at 85 and spending about an hour in triple digits land. Not bad I think.
Posted By: m!key Re: Home! - 05/25/04 02:12 AM
hey shaggy it was great meeting you finally. lets do it again sometime.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: Home! - 05/25/04 03:31 AM
It was great to meet ya, I want to do some long distance meets, I am thinking about a North East US tour with my 'Tour. Perhaps I will see ya soon.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Home! - 05/25/04 04:50 AM
Agreed. Wendy and I may be coming out for Mark's Octover meet. Come on out as well!
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: Home! - 05/25/04 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Agreed. Wendy and I may be coming out for Mark's Octover meet. Come on out as well!

Damn I will be in Austria then, perhaps sooner.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Home! - 05/25/04 11:28 AM
it was good to see you again chris.
i only hit tripple digit s a couple of times and one of them was in Canada trying to catch a silver SVT.
he didnt want to play.
oh well.

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Home! - 05/25/04 01:00 PM
You guys and your fancy shmancy gas mileage. At one point on the trip home I had the foot on the floor, running 65 and averaged about 6.75 MPG! I totalled up and spent about $450 in gas this weekend.

Shaggy I want to see that burnout vid man.

Rick
Posted By: ElKy Re: Home! - 05/25/04 01:19 PM
wow!
even the hearse gets better gas mileage than that!
hahah
Posted By: White99SE Re: Home! - 05/25/04 01:47 PM
Hey Shaggy! Great to meet you! Sorry about putting you into the wall at the Kart track! If it makes you feel any better, my shoulders are still sore from all the abuse!

I actually got 31 MPG on one tank. I got really BAD mileage on Saturday trying to keep up with all you guys on the way to the museum!
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Home! - 05/25/04 03:28 PM
Originally posted by White99SE:
Hey Shaggy! Great to meet you! Sorry about putting you into the wall at the Kart track! If it makes you feel any better, my shoulders are still sore from all the abuse!

I actually got 31 MPG on one tank. I got really BAD mileage on Saturday trying to keep up with all you guys on the way to the museum!

No worries about the wall 'incident'. It was all in good fun!

31 MPG, thats just awesome!

Rick, I should have them captured within the day or two. I will need a place to host them though, I don't have much room left on my fototime account.

Mike, too bad the SVT didn't want to play.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Home! - 05/25/04 03:56 PM
it was great meeting you man. And good luck with the vinyl. If you have any questions, PM me.
-Mike
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Home! - 05/26/04 12:15 AM
Good seeing ya again Chris, See ya next time your in Chi-town. Just shot me a Pm in advance and i will show you around and take you out for some real Pizza. Oh and thanks for the round of Beer(and thanks brapple as well).
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Home! - 05/26/04 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
You guys and your fancy shmancy gas mileage. At one point on the trip home I had the foot on the floor, running 65 and averaged about 6.75 MPG! I totalled up and spent about $450 in gas this weekend.

Shaggy I want to see that burnout vid man.

Rick

was that in your truck?

that is horrible milage!

my dads truck got 11.5 mpg highway with the empty tow dolly, i probably got near 10mpg while towing the contour!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Home! - 05/26/04 07:31 PM
did you see his trailer?
that plus the SVT is a heck of a lot of weight to be towing
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Home! - 05/26/04 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
did you see his trailer?
that plus the SVT is a heck of a lot of weight to be towing

oo oo I wanna see
pics plz
Posted By: ElKy Re: Home! - 05/26/04 08:12 PM
i just took the pics off my camera last night, now i just have to find the time to crop them and put them on the webby.
then i gots to pull the video off my video camera
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Home! - 05/26/04 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
i just took the pics off my camera last night, now i just have to find the time to crop them and put them on the webby.
then i gots to pull the video off my video camera

sooo, you're saying we'll all have better chances of seeing the pics/vids in person than posted any time soon?

Posted By: ElKy Re: Home! - 05/27/04 11:10 AM
haha most likely
© CEG Archives