Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Loco4G63 Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/15/04 01:31 PM
To get mods done.....I have done a wax, rear disc conversion, and still working on headlights.....still got to do a fuel pump, oil change, and a battery relocation. What are you all doing?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/15/04 01:42 PM
My car is still in the bodyshop Hector and I should get it back on Tuesday. We lost a day due to a defective Ford rear hub assmebly Come Monday they have to do the alignment, road test it and make sure it doesn't need anything else (i.e. rack and pinion) and finally do the stripes. I expect the car back Tuesday and I took off of work Wednesday to get it really ready for SZ04'. The one thing that sucks, although its not that big of a deal, is the antenna will not be in more than likely, so he'll have to cutoff the shaft so its not dangling around I can live with no antenna as I'll just listen to CD's until the new, S2000-like antenna comes in and its installed. Maybe, just maybe the company SVT Barge got it from can send it to the bodyshop in time, but I'm not expecting that as nothing has went my way in this entire process
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/15/04 01:51 PM
don't think I am in a rush to get anythign else done. this past week I have waxed the car three times so it is looking good. I got my pre98 console in and some new door speakers, don't have anything else at the moment other then a coolant and oil change

although i would like to get a dent removed that the previous owner picked up, but I might run out of time for that
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/15/04 03:19 PM
Im in a huge rush to get things done. Well, actually just get the car running properly. As of right now I dont think the Contour can even make it because its running so poorly. Hopefully this new chip that Keyser sends me will help things out.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/15/04 03:43 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Im in a huge rush to get things done. Well, actually just get the car running properly. As of right now I dont think the Contour can even make it because its running so poorly. Hopefully this new chip that Keyser sends me will help things out.

Unacceptable!!! Throw her on a trailer!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/16/04 01:52 AM
Originally posted by SVTMike:
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Unacceptable!!! Throw her on a trailer!

I usually don't agree with putting a car on the trailer, but in this case, yes, do it I know the chip will come in and you can tune it on the dyno as I'm sure there will be time to do so, there always is. I can't believe the string of bad luck that has hit SZ04' and some of its longest standing members I think I need to hit the local church and get some holy water, maybe just maybe, that will help Come on guys, lets pull things together and get it done!
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/16/04 02:21 AM
Been working every weekend and most week nights for the past 3-4 weeks on my ride getting it ready. Still have a few things to do, mainly cleaning as I can drive it as is though I'd like to do an alignment before Thursday. Got the trailer ready today.

Rick
Posted By: White99SE Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/16/04 04:53 AM
The only "mods" I want to do are cosmetic... touch up paint on rear bumper, remove the crappy DIY tint job (don't have time or money right now to have a professional tint job done), Knauberize, and give it a good detailing inside and out. I really doubt I will get that all done (if any). My wife won't let me spend any time on my car. She doesn't mind me going to SZ, but since I am going, and since I am going to an AutoX tomorrow, I need to maximize my "quality time" with the kids.

I was able to do some "piece of mind" mods. I put in my metal water pump last Saturday and got my failing alternator replaced under warranty. At least I won't have to worry about those 2 things giving me a problem. I would like to do some scheduled maintenance before the trip, but it's not life or death.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/16/04 04:11 PM
Uh well neons inside my car, the install is done, I just need to rewire everything. And I still need to do my front wheel bearing, I don't want to drive 600 miles on a busted one. Oh yeah and getting the car primer black, hector you will be happy to know it is now two colors!
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/16/04 05:49 PM
well i didnt have time to get my bumber painted so i put a bandaide on it. i detailed the crap out of it (not that it will be clean after 600 miles out there). Oh and i got a little suprise that no one has seen
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/17/04 01:40 PM
Trying to get the battery relocation finished with an inline fuse holder, ES MM inserts, painted front ring and resonators. Budget might not get the resonators in time. I think my older ears are getting annoyed with the rasp...
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/17/04 02:09 PM
I'm not even going to wash my car.
-Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/17/04 09:15 PM
Originally posted by WorldTour:
I'm not even going to wash my car.
-Mark

you dont have to the glare off of the blinding yellow paint will have everyone squinting so much so that we wont be able to see the dirty spots. <----yellow

i got the splitter back and it is as good as new so all i have to do is mount that and i am ready to go.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/17/04 10:04 PM
Ouch.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 01:12 AM
i was hoping to get my splitter mounted but it needs too much body work and i dont have the time to do it
Posted By: m!key Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 01:42 AM
you can do it there is time!
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 02:13 AM
too bad i cant come to SZ

as of yesterday (sunday) my car is undergoing an ATX->MTX swap!
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 06:01 AM
My dzus fasteners came today...WOOT! Nifty lil suckers. Reinstalling the splitter tommorrow after i replace my other brake line and bleed them.

Elky. Did your dzus come? They are smaller than i pictured which is good, and i think they will work perfect, i just have to figure out how to make the blots flush on the back side of the splitter and the out side of the bumper
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
too bad i cant come to SZ

as of yesterday (sunday) my car is undergoing an ATX->MTX swap!

Good luck with all that Russel My mad rush is involve a massive detailing of my car, once I get it back that is
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 10:10 AM
there is not enough time to finish the splitter...i till havent even started cleaning the car!

havent got my d'zus yet.
my credit card hasnt been charged yet either..hmmm
i think i need to give her a call.

Posted By: parkedcar Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 01:05 PM
thats what happened with me. I called and she seemed a bit disapointed that after 2 hours on the phone i only orderd 4 fasteners and 4 resepticles. She knew that though. But they still have to set up a customer acount for you. That took them 2 days. I had to have mine shipped 2 day so they would make it here in time.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 01:14 PM
i had mine shipped normally, i couldnt see paying more than twice what the fasteners cost, just for shipping.
i had mentioned using USPS priority, but she wouldnt do it.
oh well
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/18/04 05:27 PM
read your PM. I just had to get a new set shipped.....OVERNIGHT!!!!!!!
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/19/04 11:51 PM
Well... I was... but then I decided that Ross will have to make do as he is... and I am still deciding to wait on Brad as a replacement.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/20/04 11:36 AM
They got the alignment and road test done and everything was fine but get this, they ran out of my color of vinyl I'll be there, one way or another!
Posted By: White99SE Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/20/04 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
They got the alignment and road test done and everything was fine but get this, they ran out of my color of vinyl I'll be there, one way or another!

So, will you be stripeless? or just partially striped?

Doesn't look like I'm gonna get any of my stuff done before I go. Damn real life!
Posted By: janostak Re: Who else is in a mad rush? - 05/21/04 01:43 AM
I just got home from visiting my sis in Conneticut and my brother in Maine--its a good thing that we didn't take my car as my front brakes started grinding 2 days before we left. Now I got to get them fixed before the Dyno visit!!!
© CEG Archives