Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GrooveNerd I'm Home! - 05/28/06 09:10 AM
I parked the car in the driveway at 00:52 this morning (Sunday)! 5168.05 miles round trip. My Check Engine light was on for most of the trip (O2 sensor issue), and at various times, my Air Bag light and my ABS light came on too. I had to retighten the front strut nuts (need to order the Pole120-designed strut caps) on the way home, as they had loosened-up yet again. Also, someone in a Crown Vic nosed out of a parking lot right in front of me yesterday, and I had to swerve to miss hitting them! On the bright side, I slept in motels every night on the way home!

It was great meeting everyone at Spring Zing! I had a great time partying, talking cars and everything else. Thanks to everyone who put it together and made it happen!

I'll post some pictures of the trip to and from SZ when I sort through the 1430+ pictures I took!

Marty
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 10:37 AM
Glad you made it home ok Marty!!! It was GREAT meeting you, nice to have a face to go with the name.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 10:38 AM

Great to hear you made it home marty, again thanks for being hardcore and makeing the trip.

had a great time meeting ya and cant wait to see all the pics you took.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 12:59 PM
good to hear you made it home!
I bet your own bed never looked so good.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Evo-Twin-blk:

Great to hear you made it home marty, again thanks for being hardcore and makeing the trip.

had a great time meeting ya and cant wait to see all the pics you took.

ditto man, It was a pleasure meeting you indeed Marty....
Are you making the trip next year ???
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 02:25 PM
Glad to hear you made it home safe Marty. You are truly a hardcore CEGer!

Can't wait to see pics.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 02:27 PM
Thanks for coming Marty!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 03:04 PM
Good to hear you're back safe and with no mechanical issues. I don't think I have taken that many pictures in my entire life. I intend to drive around the country at some point...we'll see if it ever happens.
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 03:47 PM
I saw you and your car but didn't meet you. Glad to see someone else on here get's the whiteline fever too and that you made it home ok.

Posted By: m!key Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 04:55 PM
wow what a trip! it is great to hear that you made it back safely. you are easily the most dedicated CEGer that i have ever seen, an inspiration to the rest of us. cant wait to see the pics.
Posted By: Airforce Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 05:33 PM
Groovenerd. You should just get a free website and put them all up there. All 1400 of them!!! Except my beer belly!!
Posted By: EuroTour Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 05:50 PM
It was great meeting you the first night. You walked into our room about 3:00 in the morning with this "I've been on Ecstasy for 3 days and haven't slept look". I guess that can happen after driving 2200+ miles! Thanks for the dedication. See You next year in GR!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 09:26 PM
Marty those pics are gonna be awesome, anywho glad you made it back alright. It was def. great seeing at SZ and the fact that you drove all the way was def. somthing special! Get those pics up ASAP!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: I'm Home! - 05/28/06 11:12 PM
Well Im glad I didnt go now. The gas card was my only motivation! I wouldnt have gotten ish this year

I kid, I kid

You really are the official CEG road tripper. I havent seen anyone with such dedication, and thats coming from the past long distance champ. Looks like Ive passed the torch to a worthy CEGer. Cant wait for pics!

BTW, Im totally full of sh!t, LOL.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: I'm Home! - 05/29/06 03:58 AM
Marty, it was a real pleasure to meet you, and I hope you have the courage to make the trip again next year. Also, thank you very much for the beer; you were a total lifesaver that night!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: I'm Home! - 05/29/06 04:06 AM
Originally posted by hetfeild:
Marty, it was a real pleasure to meet you, and I hope you have the courage to make the trip again next year. Also, thank you very much for the beer; you were a total lifesaver that night!

haha i dont think he's comming next year as I remember him telling us that he has a family reunion next year that he'll need time off for. But who cares, the fact that we all know Marty the dude from Oregon is good enough
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: I'm Home! - 05/30/06 11:35 PM
Nice meeting you Marty, hope you make it out next year and that car of yours in now a CEG legend!
© CEG Archives